:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

If that last scenario somehow happened, it'd be hilarious. Germany spanks Australia 4-0 in the opener, then Aus advances and Ger goes home. Probably won't happen, but it'd be
roll.gif

mad.gif

What a hit from Ozil. That ball was easily past the keeper regardless, but it seemed like there was some knuckle action on it.

Is that the first clean outside-the-box goal? By clean I mean no deflections, no goalie hiccups. Can't remember if there have been others. Maybe South Korea's FK yesterday but it seemed like the goalie was badly positioned and let in a rather weak shot.

That Aussie goal is a dream for Ghana. And that's why you can't let games get out of hand at when you're losing at the World Cup. Australia would need to make up a 3-goal gap between itself and Ghana despite its win and Ghana's loss.

right now its USA vs. Ghana and England vs Germany. Australia is making a run but would need to win 4-0 to even think to advance

Serbia is embarrassing the country. SMH. So many good looks in the 1st half but nobody could finish. 2nd half is a complete utter disgrace.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

What a hit from Ozil. That ball was easily past the keeper regardless, but it seemed like there was some knuckle action on it.

Is that the first clean outside-the-box goal? By clean I mean no deflections, no goalie hiccups. Can't remember if there have been others. Maybe South Korea's FK yesterday but it seemed like the goalie was badly positioned and let in a rather weak shot.

Agreed.  Beautiful.

gotta like The US draw. Them, Ghana, South Korea and Uruguay. where The other side has England, Germany, Mexico, Argentina

I think USA/Ghana will be a crackin' match. Both teams are athletic, energetic and are willing to push bodies forward.

I expect Germany/England to be a classic case of '1st goal wins' when two heavyweights meet up in the World Cup.

Back
Top Bottom