Official Western Conference Finals Game 5: 5/27 Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Lakers 6:00PM PST ESPN

Originally Posted by Kookcle

I Love how Kobe played noticing that everyone was collapsing on him trusting his teammates

pimp.gif
LAMAR
qyj1qb.gif

what did birdman say about bout making odom cry?
pimp.gif

denver had us in the ropes and i thought we came out flat but at the end of the 3rd we turned up our defense and that shannon brown dunk fired up the team andmomentum shifted towards our favor...jon barry called it whoever plays better defense in a good amount of minutes they will win the game...however denver justplayed horrible in that 4th qtr i dont think they can play that bad again in game 6...i mean they were missing shot after shot and even billups was giving upturnovers...he panicked out there and the rest of the team just followed

if Lamar plays like that man we are unbeatable for sure...everyone know he is our key to winning the championship...his energy and hustle keeps our team goingin the right direction...gasol realized he was a 7 footer and can own the paint...keep doing what you're doing pau and Lamar

as for kobes pump fake at the end of the game...whoever said to throw it up in the air is funny...if you said hold the ball then you'd have a legitarguement

with that said i still think this game is going 7...denvers just not gonna lay down that easily

It was some bad calls on both sides of the floor.

The game was won win the Lakers opened the 4th quarter on fire and controlled the tempo.

Good game Lakers. I do have a problem with the invisible man, Odom, having a good game and acting like he is such a stud laughing. That just isn't cool.Denver's bigs have eaten his lunch for four games and he has one good game, at home. How you going to get giddy dunking on someone when he already sentback two of your dunks in the SAME GAME! Billups made some bad plays at the beginning of the fourth that killed the flow for Denver.

JR Smith played like some +*!@ on O, but he played good D for almost the whole game. His is evolving as a player. If you're GK your HAPPY w/ J.R.'seffort for the night. The old JR woulda packed it up as soon as he saw his shot wasn't falling.

Now, if it didn't take GK and the Nuggs damn near half the 4th quarter to adjust to what the Lakers were doing, and if Nene actually tried to play D likehe was 6'10 250+ then it may have ended differently.

Lakers played lights out in that 4th qurter. Great adjustment by Phil Jackson. Well, I guess that's what good coaches do.

And Andrew Bynum was killing the Nuggs on O when he was in. He needs to learn how to avoid some of those ticky-tack fouls he seems to always pick up.

Paul Gasol is still a ({})...
laugh.gif

Billups and Melo did kind of throw away the game at a key point though. What did they have like 4 straight possessions with a turnover?

Only two people who shoulda been putting up shots at the end of the game were Melo (Was getting to the line before the refs stopped calling fouls) and Kleiza.Chauncey and K-Mart were trying to play Hero, and JR's shot wasn't falling.

Melo did kinda try to win the game on his own (bad decision on his part), but in his defense, No one other then Kleiza acted like they wanted to step up.

That block was
pimp.gif
, there is no doubt that Andersen has got the timingperfected. And as far, as the next dude talking about how Odom was all laughs and +++*. WHY SHOULDN'T HE. He just dunked on the dude that denied him theball twice, he has every right to do whatever he wants, I was actually waiting for a shimmy. Pau and Odom are key and I expect them to play the same way onFriday, I don't think the Lakers can afford to go to a game 7 because this is not the unbalanced, short handed Rockets they faced. So, they better end iton Friday or it'll be trouble.

I don't know what to expect next game, Last night was Odom's 1st good game since the Utah series so the percentages say he won't have another oneuntil next season when he's wearing another uniform besides the purple and gold, but I hope I'm wrong. Pau was still hesitant last night in stretchesand a couple times Kobe had to tell him to go and make his move cause he was waiting to long. You want the touches, you gotta produce. Bynum was very active inthe minutes that he was on the floor last night, maybe that 4th qtr of Game 4 got him back on track, I hope so.

Kobe was extra passive (not in his assists, just his overall aggressiveness) last night, maybe he was conserving his energy for the closeout game on the road.I just hope we treat Game 6 like a Game 7 and come out with major energy. The whole key to the game will be rebounding; we pound the Nuggets on the boards, wewin the game and are headed back to the Finals, if not, then I fear a Game 7 looms on the horizon.

Odom, having a good game and acting like he is such a stud laughing. That just isn't cool. Denver's bigs have eaten his lunch for four games and he has one good game, at home. How you going to get giddy dunking on someone when he already sent back two of your dunks in the SAME GAME!
eyes.gif
Odom got emotional because he finally showed up and washappy with his performance, he's not allowed to do that now? Birdman soaring with his arms like a bird after he blocks someone is ok though right? Or whatabout JR. Smith who just like Odom has only showed up for one game this series doing Antoine Walker impressions while throwing up gang signs after he hits wideopen threes, thats ok though right? Funny, I didn't see you calling out Birdman and JR Smith for the exact same things Odom was doing in the other gamethreads.

sllbaf.jpg

Good win, everyone played well for LA last night.

I wish like hell that Sasha woulda hit that 3 at the half and did his JR ******ed chicken walk.
pimp.gif

Karl is a bum, he better win the series or I think he gonna feel some heat. Cryin about fouls when it was exactly the same as he was gettin in game 4.
sick.gif

Props to LO for last night. Dude is playin hurt and all us Laker fans do is pile on that guy.

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

Odom, having a good game and acting like he is such a stud laughing. That just isn't cool. Denver's bigs have eaten his lunch for four games and he has one good game, at home. How you going to get giddy dunking on someone when he already sent back two of your dunks in the SAME GAME!
eyes.gif
Odom got emotional because he finally showed up and was happy with his performance, he's not allowed to do that now? Birdman soaring with his arms like a bird after he blocks someone is ok though right? Or what about JR. Smith who just like Odom has only showed up for one game this series doing Antoine Walker impressions while throwing up gang signs after he hits wide open threes, thats ok though right? Funny, I didn't see you calling out Birdman and JR Smith for the exact same things Odom was doing in the other game threads.

sllbaf.jpg

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I think Lamar is going to show up & Pau will gain a little more confidence because he took a stance and made some crucial stops, so I think that will givea litte boost in his game.

Yes, Kobe, was a little passive, but I think it's because he is getting tired. This series is almost pushing his limits because he rarely gets his 4thquarter break so I think, he is saving his energy to finish off.

But being in Denver, I think they will also be ready. So, imho, as much as Pau & Odom are needed, the Lakers bench will also need to show up and get atleast 20 to close out and move on.

Originally Posted by bryanne2210

Originally Posted by yAyToNyO

eyes.gif
Odom got emotional because he finally showed up and was happy with his performance, he's not allowed to do that now? Birdman soaring with his arms like a bird after he blocks someone is ok though right? Or what about JR. Smith who just like Odom has only showed up for one game this series doing Antoine Walker impressions while throwing up gang signs after he hits wide open threes, thats ok though right? Funny, I didn't see you calling out Birdman and JR Smith for the exact same things Odom was doing in the other game threads.

sllbaf.jpg

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I think Lamar is going to show up & Pau will gain a little more confidence because he took a stance and made some crucial stops, so I think that will give a litte boost in his game.

Yes, Kobe, was a little passive, but I think it's because he is getting tired. This series is almost pushing his limits because he rarely gets his 4th quarter break so I think, he is saving his energy to finish off.

But being in Denver, I think they will also be ready. So, imho, as much as Pau & Odom are needed, the Lakers bench will also need to show up and get at least 20 to close out and move on.
ppl gonna complain when things arent going your way and the extra stuff just adds to the fire...honestly odom and the rest wouldnt do all that ifjr smith do that stunt he was pulling in game 4
sick.gif
...none of the Lakerswent overboard with the celebration like jr smith did...pffft
eyes.gif

anyways i still think the series is going 7...denver is not gonna lay down like that

As a Laker fan I can reasonably say Denver has outplayed us for 3 out of every 4 quarters every game this series. Luckily we've won the 4th quarter ofthree of those games. Face it Nuggets fans your guys just aren't closers. That being said the Lake show has got to close this out in Game 6. Denver is justtoo dangerous to get into a game seven with. If they play 4 quarters we can't beat them...just look at last night, we played the best we did all season andDenver controlled that entire game until the end of the third.

And cats screamin's sweep when it comes to the Magic better wake up. Everybody's blaming Bron's supporting cast but let's be real, when Dhoward is doin work and those cats are hittin' their threes how in the heck do you stop them? Yeah we match up a lot better than the Cavs do, but we got noanswers for Howard (ain't no way Bynum, Pau, or Lamar is checking him on the glass or offensively...heck we can't keep Kmart and Birdman out of thepaint), Rashard and Hedo will probably play Kobe to a draw in the scoring column, and their bench is a lot more consistent than ours is. Not to mention,outside of Dhoward their top seven guys can get hot and drop 3 or 4 threes on you in a heartbeat

I think we can take them, but it'll be a hard fought series.

I haven't read thru the whole thread, but have seen it refernece a couple times on this page..........please tell me there aren't Laker fans saying wewould sweep Orlando.

This can not be true.

Please tell me this is a mistake, someone hacked a Laker account or something.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I haven't read thru the whole thread, but have seen it refernece a couple times on this page..........please tell me there aren't Laker fans saying we would sweep Orlando.

This can not be true.

Please tell me this is a mistake, someone hacked a Laker account or something.

tired.gif
now those guys arent real basketball fans if they think were sweeping orlando...first of all those guys arent real fans in the first place talkingabout orlando cause well we havent done anything yet all we did was win 3 games in a best of 7 series from what i know its win 4 games to close out a seriesand denver is a tough tough team...same goes for the magic...they havent done squat either theyre 3-1 right now...they gotta win one more...a lot of stuff canhappen from here on out
smh.gif

Originally Posted by soychulo

Good game Lakers. I do have a problem with the invisible man, Odom, having a good game and acting like he is such a stud laughing. That just isn't cool. Denver's bigs have eaten his lunch for four games and he has one good game, at home. How you going to get giddy dunking on someone when he already sent back two of your dunks in the SAME GAME! Billups made some bad plays at the beginning of the fourth that killed the flow for Denver.

he had a good game, let him @+@*#@ enjoy it for a minute. Yeah he might have gotten blocked but he also played hard all game and ended up getting a welldeserved and timely dunk. Despite what people think players arent robots they are allowed a little excitement correct? He didnt do anything out of theordinary. He flexed, thats pretty normal ive seen Sasha flex after makin a wide open lay up before! He didnt flex, run to center court do the hulk hogan handto ear thing flex some more then harlem shake in front of denvers bench. Why are people ALWAYS so negative?

Lakers played a good game and held out in the 4th to win it. Nuggets broke down in the 4th. I'd like to complain about officiating but I won't. wedidn't play good enough to win at the end of the game. I'll just say good game Lakers, see you tomorrow.

Also, Birdman got dunked on twice, both times he was late on the help, but he had 5 blocked shots (he was only credited 4). those blocks outweighed the twotimes he got dunked on and that man to man block on Odom was one of the best blocks of the conference finals this year period. help D blocks are one thing, butgoing up face to face with your guy and sending his garbage back to the dump is far more impressive. I'm only bringing this up because I noticed a coupleLakers fans trying to suggest that getting dunked on somehow negated the fact that he's a shot blocking machine. Odom did finally play a good game though.that candyman thing had me rollin'. dude needs to slow his roll with all that, is he a pot head or what?

Also, Birdman got dunked on twice, both times he was late on the help, but he had 5 blocked shots (he was only credited 4). those blocks outweighed the two times he got dunked on and that man to man block on Odom was one of the best blocks of the conference finals this year period. help D blocks are one thing, but going up face to face with your guy and sending his garbage back to the dump is far more impressive.
laugh.gif
Keep telling yourself that, find those silver linings.That Brown dunk turned the tide of the game. His blocks did nothing to deter the Lakers bigs from going inside. Odom still went at him with more authoritybecause Birdman's blocks certainly didn't intimidate Pau and Odom.Were his blocks impressive? Yes, there is no denying that but saying they faroutweigh two dunks that shook the composure of the Nuggets is simply:

2rw2vd5.jpg

--A dunk is a dunk. A block is a block. Why are we weighing these things. Birdman is good at his craft.
--BUt the most important stat...is LAKERS 3 and...Denver 2...Lets go back to Denver and close this out fellas!

My 2 most important plays of the game, I was watching at a bar so I might of missed something but:

1. The turnover that led to Shannon Brown's dunk. (Got the crowd going and switched momentum to our side pretty much for the rest of the game)

2. Nene fouling out. They had cut the lead to 4 at that moment, Nene fouls out, and we go on to finish the game easily (ariza and odom 3 point plays in thepaint.) That guy is a huge presence for them and I don't think we as Laker fans notice how much better we run the offense when he's not on the floor.

PS. Fisher needs to get his act together.

Back
Top Bottom