Official Warriors Season Thread

one of the worst games I've seen em play so far this season. Jackson was Jackson yet again.. SMH at him taking that three with Pargo on him, dudeshould've looked to post him up. I think Nellie should tell Jack how he's shooting everytime there's a timeout, maybe that'll make him drive tothe basket more once he hears from Nellie how bad he's doing.

and is it me or were the match-ups in the beginning weird? from what I remember Wright was on Mo Pete (since they couldn't stop talking about it) and Montaon Peja which didn't make sense at all. I know Peja doesn't jump that much when he shoots but still, that's a big height difference. Wrightshould've played more minutes too, hopefully there'll be more chances for him to play.

Their D tonight was horrible, seemed like Baron was really struggling to guard Paul especially in the 4th, but playing all throughout the game will do that.They were even worse on the boards, they pretty much stood there and let Chandler tip the ball over their heads instead of boxing him out. They looked dead onD and the only highlight was Pietrus' block.

Monta had an off night, he never looked to go to the basket at all. Other than the first game with his injury he was doing well, didn't even seem to botherhim tonight though. And other than Al coming off the bench there were no support, surprised they were able to make those runs that they did considering the waythey played tonight. No one else was really aggressive on offense other than Baron, Biedrins was doing well but they stopped going to him.

Wow that was such a horrible game by us last night.
sick.gif

Free throws were absolutely horrible as well as the three point shooting.

THEN, Chris Paul straight JORDANED us in the 4th. Dude was BEASTIN almost as to let Baron know, you are NOT that dude and that HE is the NEW Hornetsrepresentative.

Two bad fridays in a row after TWO magnificent fridays before that.

Originally Posted by acidicality

i'm pretty sure he was referring to the dude above you..

that was me, and it shouldn't matter cause the warriors are the worst defensive team. how can you get beat by the same play over and over. its not justthis game.

anyways here are some crappy pictures i took with my piece of *@*+ camera...
6tm0bcp.jpg

879aczp.jpg

6oowjr6.jpg

6x9mm8w.jpg

8c17uyp.jpg

6txrn0y.jpg

there are more, but they look even worse
grin.gif
frown.gif

the warriors are the worst defensive team.

But ... But ... But Bob Fitzgerald told us not to look at points given up but rather the point margin. And with that said, the Warriors are a top 15defensive team.

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

FRANCHISE 55 wrote:
Anyways, is anybody else going to the Monta Ellis signing tomorrow?

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
info??

I think Monta's in Oakland signing autographs from 3-4 today. Not sure of where in Oakland, but that's what I heard... I think on the radio.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

FRANCHISE 55 wrote:

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
info??

I think Monta's in Oakland signing autographs from 3-4 today. Not sure of where in Oakland, but that's what I heard... I think on the radio.

it was some t-mobile store in oakland

Center Mbenga might be around for a while

Contra Costa Times

Article Launched: 01/05/2008 02:58:33 AM PST

OAKLAND -- Reserve center DJ Mbenga has five more days to sweat it out, but his chances look good for sticking with the Warriors for the rest of the season.
Mbenga signed a one-year deal with the Warriors on Nov. 17, a contract that becomes fully guaranteed on Thursday. Golden State can cut the 7-footer loose before then with no further contract obligations, but Mbenga has made a strong case for continued employment by supplanting second-year man Patrick O'Bryant as the team's first true big man off the bench.

"Unless something changes, it probably will just come and go," Warriors executive vice president Chris Mullin said of the guarantee deadline. "I think there's a comfort level there that's definitely important. He's been good."

The biggest potential wrinkle in that plan is the status of reserve point guard Troy Hudson, who is expected to undergo essentially season-ending hip surgery this month, leaving the Warriors without their primary backup for Baron Davis. If Mullin and coach Don Nelson -- who originally brought Mbenga over from the Congo to the Dallas Mavericks in 2004 -- want to dip into the NBA Development League to replace Hudson, Mbenga would be the most logical casualty. So far, however, Golden State has been doling out the minutes behind Davis to a combination of guard Monta Ellis and forwards Stephen Jackson and Matt Barnes.

Mbenga is averaging 1.0 points and 1.9 rebounds in 15 games with the Warriors, but he's pleased especially considering that his surgically repaired right knee is not yet fully healed.

"I still have more improvement to make. It's coming," Mbenga said. "If I'm 100 percent, I can bring more."

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

FRANCHISE 55 wrote:

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
info??

it was some t-mobile store in oakland

Yeah, it was at the T-Mobile store right by the arena. It was a long wait, but well worth it.

My brother got some old Warrior photographs/posters. One of them is of Gilbert Arenas with his afro
laugh.gif
The other is of all 3 2001 Warrior draft pics, Troy Murphy, J-Rich, and Gilbertand it's autographed by all 3 of them
pimp.gif
. Gilbert is holding some awardin that pic, MIP? His girlfriends boss was giving them away, and he got them for me.Cant find my camera right now, pics probably tomorrow.

Aww crap!! I don't want to see more of Mbenga.
[h3]DJ Mbenga said:[/h3]
"I still have more improvement to make. It's coming," Mbenga said. "If I'm 100 percent, I can bring more."

Bring more... like what?

benga got cut and kosta got called up from dleague. more time for POB and Wright??
eek.gif

[h2]Warriors waive DJ Mbenga[/h2]
From Janny Hu.

Post-practice update: Thee Warriors will recall 7-2 rookie Kosta Perovic from the D-league later today so they'll still have a spare big for scrimmaging/practices.

Just about to head off the to practice facility, but thought I'd pass this along:

Backup center DJ Mbenga is now an ex-Warrior after being cut today. His contract would have become guaranteed for the rest of the season on Thursday, so this saves the Warriors some money, and more importantly, clears a roster space.

Mbenga appeared in 16 games for the Warriors, averaging 1.2 points and 1.9 rebounds in 8.9 minutes per contest. He could re-sign on a 10-day contract if the Warriors want some temporary help.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?blogid=39&entry_id=23213

like many of you guys, i am really hoping for some more playing time from POB and wright now. also hoping marco can get some minutes to give baron a restbecause he was obviously drained last game playing for so long.

Back
Top Bottom