Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Hoping Warriors re-sign Morrow. The price isn't bad at all. If it were Reddick money then it would be hard to consider.

I will really miss Ronny on the Warriors. He brought a lot of energy to the team and showed a lot of emotion. I love it when players show their emotion because heart can't be measured by dollar signs.

I won't ever forgot Ronny overreacting to some of his injuries looking like he blew his knees out.

is curry playing summer league?  i was hoping to watch him vs the wizards on sunday 
pimp.gif

^Not sure if it was posted in here but I read somewhere that Udoh's injury is very similar to Raja Bell's. Great.
Yeah, that was the initial report and an updated tweet from Steimetz reports that Larry Riley said the injury is "extensive" and that he could be out for months.

Huh...

Is there no A's thread?

Anyways, my brother volunteers in the "Big Brother, Big Sister" program and he was given an opportunity, along with his "Little Brother," to go up in the air on behalf of Comcast and the Oakland A's in partnership with BB-BS, and A's reliever Jerry Blevins spent the day with the two of them. My brother said he was a real down to earth, humble guy who seems to have paid his dues but still acknowledged where he came from. Had a real good time with him up in the air (in a blimp! Haha), seemed to genuinely care about Vernon (the Little Brother), and the Big Brother Big Sister organization. They even randomly met up with him afterwards at In-n-Out and talked for a bit, not around all the press!

It'll be aired on All A's sometime soon, apparently on the 20th.

Pics & YT video from my brothers blog: http://iamrty.wordpress.c...ernon-take-to-the-skies/

[h2]24-Hour Fitness Founder Matrov 1 of 2 Finalists[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Saturday, July 10th, 2010 at 8:38 am in Uncategorized.

The World Cup is down to two teams vying for the prize, and so is the candidates list of candidates to buy the Warriors franchise.

According to sources with knowledge of the negotiation, the four finalists groups submitted purchase of sale agreements with their offer. Two of the finalists groups were outbid and knocked out of the process. Warriors owner Chris Cohan, who hired Galiatoto Sports Partners to sell the franchise, could choose the winning bidder from the remaining two groups by August.

What is not reported in my story in today’s paper (I confirmed waaaaay after deadline) is that the group headed by CEO founder Mark Mastrov is one of the finalists, according to a source, who also confirmed that Mastrov’s bid topped $350 million. The other finalist?

Nothing I have been told leads me to believe Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison, the man everyone expects to end up owning the Warriors, is out of the mix. My reporter’s hunch is that he is one of the finalists. But I have not confirmed that.

I have previously reported the field was down to four finalists:

* a group headed by Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison

* a group led by former 24-Hour Fitness CEO Mark Mastrov

* a group headed by Texas-based Wall Street financier David Bonderman

* a group that includes Mandalay Entertainment chairman Peter Guber.

Who do you think is joining Mastrov in the finals?

Currently, one of the sources said, the remainig two purchase of sale agreements are being refined and tweaked. That process could include a revised offer. From what I’m told about the process, the bidders aren’t (supposed to be) aware of what opponents bid, so any revision of the offer would be based on how the purchase of sale agreement is tweaked or if the bidder thinks he needs to jump higher to get the franchise. After the purchase of sale agreement is finalized, Cohan will choose one and submit to the league to start the approval process.

Either way, one source said Cohan is extremely confident, even more than before, that the franchise will go for more than $401 million, which is the record price for an NBA franchise – set by Robert Sarver when he bought the Phoenix Suns.

One source said the six year, $80 million contract the Warriors gave power forward David Lee did not negatively impact the process. The bidding groups were informed of the process and none expressed concern about it. Some even liked it, a source said.

Exactly. And the crap about the guy bringing heart, blah blah..I get it, but if you can't find that in your replacement for Morrow then the team is sorrier than I thought originally.

The offer isn't exactly bad, it's decent financially...but like DP is saying, the guy IS 1 dimensional. I want to build a team with a future that isn't 100% offense oriented. That's why I can't wait for whomever to buy the damn team and blow this B up.

As for Larry Ellison, I firmly believe he'll wait till the end, throw out a number, and that'll be that. Unfortunately, it's playing into Cohan's hand of "over 401M". I don't think they should get anywhere over 350M but who am I? Further, Cohan, eat a D.

Don't they have enough for both Morrow and Wright? I would like a Wright signing though. If they let Morrow go and chase Brewer or some other SG Imma be pissed. Morrow's contract is not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom