Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

As a Warrior's fan, I'm not even that upset about this. Baron had a great year and I believe it was an aberration. In years past when the Warriors lost Sprewell and C-Webb, etc, they've had nobody else. The W's still have Monta, Jackson and Biedrins. That's a good core and now the Warriors have a lot of money to play with. Also, best believe Mike Dunleavy will have a tough relationship with Baron. Dunleavy had problems with Magettee about his shot selections and Baron will not have the freedom in L.A as he did in Golden State. Baron is enamored with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood so he can pack his bags and go down there for all I care. Only thing I'm upset about is he waited until the last minute to do so. The Warriors could have used the $10 million exception and drafted for backcourt help if he'd indicated he was going to opt out.
this is pretty much how i'm feeling right now. Baron could of at least warned the team ahead of time before the exception expired, but he did itafterwards.
indifferent.gif
And baron had it good with nelson, where nellypreached shooting 24/7. No other coach is going to allow him to do that without barking at him. So i don't see how his relationship with dunleavy sr. willbe any better than it is with nelly. Dude didn't even get along with his son...now he's gonna face the dad.
97b268318c0b01d3485ca459f72e049e2be24ad6.gif

i have a dv2000 series-- if it gets got near the fan and on the bottom left where the hard-drive is, that's normal in HPs.

costco had a nifty USB powered laptop cooler for about 30 dollars.. it might have been that same one up there?

offbad, go look for a deal on buy.com and use google checkout. 30 bucks for a cooler is a no go. i got my antec cooler for 5 bucks after rebate, my friend gotit for free after rebate a month ago. or check slickdeals.net and search the forums.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

offbad, go look for a deal on buy.com and use google checkout. 30 bucks for a cooler is a no go. i got my antec cooler for 5 bucks after rebate, my friend got it for free after rebate a month ago. or check slickdeals.net and search the forums.

argh i hate buy.com so much! they always pull that bee/ess with their so -called "price mistakes" and then they refund you automatically or dochargebacks and stuff.

i also have already used GCO for some other thing so i don't get that 10 dollars off thing

slickdeals.net
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LOVE DEM KICKS

My friend just said Baron was traded to Clippers for Maggette,any confirmation?

Tell your friend he's failed. Dude you could have just scrolled back a page or two and found out what happened to Baron. Cmon now. He reportedly signeda deal with the Clippers.

warriors done it again.. letting go super stars.. at least offer him a contract and then trade him.. you let a super star go and you get nothing in return. Iam a disappointed fan/season ticket holder

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Tell your friend he's failed. Dude you could have just scrolled back a page or two and found out what happened to Baron. Cmon now. He reportedly signed a deal with the Clippers.

I read the past few pages and didn't see anything buddy
ohwell.gif
and if yall didn't read it,here's the story

Baron Davis shocked the Warriors by opting out of his contract on Monday. Imaginetheir surprise now.

3326.jpg

Davis

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a newmultiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at thelast minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

Contacted by The Associated Press on Tuesday, Davis refused to directly confirm that he has agreed to sign with Golden State's Pacific Division rivals,but he left no doubt about his upcoming move to Southern California.

Davis already was speaking about the Warriors in the past tense Tuesday night before attending the private Bay Area premiere of "Made in America,"a documentary he produced about gang life in his native Los Angeles.

"It's tough, but you have to do what's best," said Davis, his usually bushy beard trimmed short. "You have to do what's fair.I'm happy with where I'm going. A big reason is because of the impact and the things that I can do going forward. I knew I could have done them hereand created all kinds of good things and positive things in the community, and ultimately, me going home helps me make an impact on young kids."

The 29-year-old Davis, a former UCLA star who has never made a secret of his desire to play in his hometown, averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7rebounds while playing in all 82 games last season for the Warriors, who finished with 48 wins -- the best record by a non-playoff team in recent NBA history.A year earlier, Davis was the catalyst for Golden State's trip to the second round of the playoffs, ending a 12-season postseason drought and including astunning upset of top-seeded Dallas in the first round.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, andspeculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Clippers are expected to do just that and quickly reach a verbal agreement to bring back Brand.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

your friend--

failhy3.jpg

***edit***

yo paul !
response sent

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

you should look into bring ur laptop to your school, paul. They usually check it for free. What kind of laptop is it?

get a mac?
laugh.gif
jk

It's an HP Pavilion dv2000... Schools do this? I go to Skyline... do they offer this?
And I do want to get a Mac but now's not the time for me to dish out that kind of cash
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

dp, you work at Best Buy right? How much does it cost to get my laptop checked out? It gets hella hot and I'm worried about it. How much am I looking to spend?

antec cooler ftw!

Haha, I need something like that...

antec_airflow.jpg

I have the hp dv6000 i think all hps are very hot because its performing at a high performance or whatever

Originally Posted by GAS BREAK DIP

Didn't Baron claim he wanted to retire as a Warrior?

Didn't Baron say he wasn't opting out?

Didn't Baron say in Karma Contract that he wasn't going anywhere?

Didn't Baron throw the "W" at the Glow in the Dark Tour?

What a %*$#!!% liar. I'm giving dude the Dunleavy treatment when he comes back to the Bay.
co-sign.
while mullin probably !@%%$@ up a little bit if he wanted to re-sign Baron, Baron definitely didn't stay true to his word. He deserves the boos he'llbe getting.

He brought a lot of nice memories to the Bay, but let's not get carried away and act like he won a title. Making the playoffs is real special especiallysince we hadn't done so in such a long time...but looking at the big picture, he wasn't going to be part of any realistic shot we had to make a titlerun. We'll be okay. It's real shocking and it hurts, but we'll be fine as long as we can do well this offseason, and the next few years'.

And while we're talking about laptops, how long can one usually last? I've used a Dell Inspiron for 2 years already, but I'm wondering if I need toswitch soon, because the previous Dell I owned just completely %%%%#% itself up after 3 years of usage, and I'm hoping this one can still hold up foranother two (until I graduate).

Wasn't Mullin supposed to do an interview on KNBR today? I would love to hear what he has to say if he hasn't put out a statement already.

I expect him to make some moves very soon.

Originally Posted by acidicality

And while we're talking about laptops, how long can one usually last? I've used a Dell Inspiron for 2 years already, but I'm wondering if I need to switch soon, because the previous Dell I owned just completely %%%%#% itself up after 3 years of usage, and I'm hoping this one can still hold up for another two (until I graduate).

I've been using my Dell Ispiron since my first year of college (five years ago), and its been slowing dying on me. Its definitely time to shut mine downthough. I think you can get another year or two out of yours.

I'd like to think Brand will keep Baron in check....or the clippers will suddenly have an opening at head coach.
I wish the Warriors could have worked a sign and trade- Eric Gordon and tim thomas/cuttino mobley or something...
I am excited that nelly will be able to teach the young guys. VERY similar to what he had with the mavs back in the day(young dirk, etc)
I don't anticipate Big Gay Al being back...
I hope Nelly is on the phone with 'shooter' (capn jack) I think with his maturity he can be the leader that we need...

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I want to hear what the Warrior players think
nerd.gif

Monta:

"well i told baron yunno, you just gotta do you, and you know us, we'll do what we do, and that's what really happened--i mean things were justhappening. and baron did him, and we're gonna keep doin what we do--it's what we do."

eyes.gif
Man Duhon to the knicks, Is there any PG's (starting ones) that wecan sign? I really think the warriors need to sign a PG cuz Ellis is a natural SG.

If not with the money lets go after our bigger picture teams. Josh Smith?

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

I want to hear what the Warrior players think
nerd.gif

Monta:

"well i told baron yunno, you just gotta do you, and you know us, we'll do what we do, and that's what really happened--i mean things were just happening. and baron did him, and we're gonna keep doin what we do--it's what we do."

Hella sounds like something he would say
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom