Official Wale Attention: Deficit Thread

yall really think wale gonna push that much? i dunno theres only so many people in the dmv that will buy the album ...

you do know that studio albums on major labels are sold nationwide right?
add to the fact that i predict everybody's gonna hop on when they see a bamma from DC, the untapped goldmine, who actually has crossover appeal.

wait i'm not tryin to be on meat or anything so i'm gonna throw out that the only reason why wale's shows are nice is because of ucb
had to sprinkle in some hate so bammas don't get me confused lls

if you from arund here then yeah i understand if your folks %*#$ with wale cuz he gets play ... im goin on that mainstream tip lookin at people sellingwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below what they are supposed to ... i just dont see a new rapper doin big numbers ... maybe i was a lil low with 150k but 300k in my eyeswould be MAJOR with the state of the game ...

Originally Posted by vezon

Production Credits

Confirmed
Mark Ronson
Justice
Pharrell
Just Blaze
9th Wonder
DJ Premier
Best Kept Secret
DJ Toomp
Sean C & LV
Cool And Dre

sick.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Platinum? PLATINUM?!!!

You dudes are BUGGIN'.

There is no way Wale goes platinum with this album(which has nothing to do with his skills, btw). I wish the brotha would sell a mil, but it just isn'thappening in this day and age, given he has little to no mainstream exposure to date. Sorry folks. I understand being a fan of dude because I am one myself,but sometimes you need to come back down to earth for a minute and be realistic.

Anywho, definitely looking forward to this album.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

That's a hell of a crew for production.

Hope that works out in his favor...hope the album has some sort of cohesiveness, not just an all over the place sounding joint...

Erybody in this joint predicting sales and whatnot but all it takes is one radio hit and he's going gold easily. People are saying nobody's heard ofhim outside of D.M.V., but nobody heard of Plies outside of Florida either before "Shawty" (not comparing the two skill wise, but just in terms ofexposure wise) and he went gold on his first AND second album. So let's not make assumptions that Wale won't be able to sell records, you never know.

Edit: I KNOW that Wale has a buzz outside the beltway, but the rest of these bammas don't seem to realize that. My point was if Plies can only be known in Florida (& maybe some parts of alabama) and blow up because of ONE single, then I'm sure Wale could do thesame or even better. Just wanna clear that up.

Continue on with the hate
laugh.gif

beyonce barely went gold first week ya'll ..she is one of the biggest artist ever..the game is built different now...all i want is to make an amazing albumand hopefully get a grammy. yall have to understand that i dont make the same kind of music as lil wayne or ross or plies...and im not really into sayin crazystuff a month before my lp drops for attention....so to all my people who support ..lets just hope for the best!!! i know my album is amazing ..and everybodywho hears it will call it a classic..but you can never say who will buy it ya know???

To tell you the truth I heard about Wale through NikeTalk for the first time. I had seen him in the complex magazine a couple times but never listened to hisstuff. Just like I did with some underground NY mixtape artists. Im on the West Coast btw as you can see in my sig.

But yea album should be dope and I can't wait to cop.

beyonce barely went gold first week ya'll ..she is one of the biggest artist ever..the game is built different now...all i want is to make an amazing album and hopefully get a grammy. yall have to understand that i dont make the same kind of music as lil wayne or ross or plies...and im not really into sayin crazy stuff a month before my lp drops for attention....so to all my people who support ..lets just hope for the best!!! i know my album is amazing ..and everybody who hears it will call it a classic..but you can never say who will buy it ya know???

Yeah true you can never say who'll buy it but I honestly think that you're underestimating the number of fans, supporters or w/e you wanna call them,of your music. I was somewhat amazed when I got to Howard how many people from outside Metro area knew about your music and are very much anticipating youralbum. Best of luck to you tho man, I know i'll be buying (something i normally dont do
laugh.gif
) your album when it drops.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by vezon

Production Credits

Confirmed
Mark Ronson
Justice
Pharrell
Just Blaze
9th Wonder
DJ Premier
Best Kept Secret
DJ Toomp
Sean C & LV
Cool And Dre

sick.gif
pimp.gif
I read somewhere that Kanye West on the production team too. No?

he said that he might have kanye rap on the album instead of producing because he didnt think thats where his heart was
i guess we find out once the tracklist comes out

kanye got cudi and kinda got into his project ... i dont think mr west will make an apperance .premo either ...i did a toomp joint ..but it doesnt fit thestructure of the album bks 100 pct sean c n lv 100 pct 9th mark and just yes....but one thing to all the rappers on nt ..when u get a deal you will sitproducers and may LIKE what they give you ..but if u dont LOVE IT dont beast out because of they name...trust me ...that budget and budgin..lol... so if yourhomeboy got heat...use it ....yall know i wanted this chick ***** ****** on my hook she wanted 75k....lol ...i says im good imma have one of my homegirls do itthnks tho....lmao....

so like i said with all due respect to some of the people i worked with ..i wasnt about to compromise my sound because of names...its a learning experience..gotta keep it real with the NT fam tho.

Originally Posted by ILoveHipHop43

so like i said with all due respect to some of the people i worked with ..i wasnt about to compromise my sound because of names...its a learning experience ..gotta keep it real with the NT fam tho.
Thats some realness right there. Integrity..its still alive?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ILoveHipHop43

kanye got cudi and kinda got into his project ... i dont think mr west will make an apperance .premo either ...i did a toomp joint ..but it doesnt fit the structure of the album bks 100 pct sean c n lv 100 pct 9th mark and just yes....but one thing to all the rappers on nt ..when u get a deal you will sit producers and may LIKE what they give you ..but if u dont LOVE IT dont beast out because of they name...trust me ...that budget and budgin..lol... so if your homeboy got heat...use it ....yall know i wanted this chick ***** ****** on my hook she wanted 75k....lol ...i says im good imma have one of my homegirls do it thnks tho....lmao....

so like i said with all due respect to some of the people i worked with ..i wasnt about to compromise my sound because of names...its a learning experience ..gotta keep it real with the NT fam tho.

thanks for the info
cant wait for the tracks with john mayer and just blaze

i dont wanna be on the cover ...lol...and yeah i got this one joint from a dude on NT..but i lost that joint ..alot of dope !*$ on nt tho..alot

Wale you sound tired my n'.. I know you working hard on this album doe..
And I can appreciate what you said about not having to work with big names to make classic music..
This will be the first album I actually cop in a minute as well.. good luck..

me and ninth have been passive aggresively beefin...lol but for real we been tryna make these features work..the delay is because alot of the"features" are takin alot of time ...

last night we spoke on changin some things so the ball is rollin on that again..should be done by mid january

Back
Top Bottom