Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

I'm a big fan of money may, but ortiz had a chance to get the w yesterday. Ortiz should have never headbutted him, but money new the momentum was shifting and he had to dead all that quick. He found a golden opportunity and took it. I can't even be mad at him, but I will admit that the tide was turning in ortiz's favor.

I'm a big fan of money may, but ortiz had a chance to get the w yesterday. Ortiz should have never headbutted him, but money new the momentum was shifting and he had to dead all that quick. He found a golden opportunity and took it. I can't even be mad at him, but I will admit that the tide was turning in ortiz's favor.

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

floyd needs manny more then manny needs floyd. floyd has no wins against big name fighters unless you add "a old" in front of their name. he picks and chooses so he can stay undefeated! ortiz had him scared last night and manny would destroy him.......... and i dont even like manny 

laugh.gif

I'm literally cracking up at this comment
roll.gif

floyd needs manny more then manny needs floyd. floyd has no wins against big name fighters unless you add "a old" in front of their name. he picks and chooses so he can stay undefeated! ortiz had him scared last night and manny would destroy him.......... and i dont even like manny 

laugh.gif

I'm literally cracking up at this comment
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by thapointguy

That video explains things more clearly. Now I understand the hate some ppl has for him. He's just living the life how he wants to live. He doesn't have to answer to nobody.

I wanted to see a good clean fight though. It is what it is. Every hand to hand contact sport's #1 rule is keep your hands up and/or your eyes on your fighter at all times.

Yeah I was mad about the whole fight last night, but I guess thats how it goes. I was pissed that Ortiz was smiling and laughing and it just seemed like everyone was just good about getting knocked the hell out. His camp seemed fine with it. I just thought that was lame and I let my emotions get the best of me.
His camp probably wasn't mad because they knew it was Ortiz' fault. First, he throws one of the more intentional illegal shots I've recently seen. Then he follows it with a hug and a kiss on the cheek (that's more than enough), then while the ref is taking away the point he touches gloves (cmon bro), then after the ref deducts the point and tells them to fight, he goes in for a hug (
indifferent.gif
). Looking at Floyd's body language, you could tell he was not happy about the hug and really didn't accept it. Then after the hug, Victor backs up with his hands at his sides like he's chilling.

Honestly, Floyd should've clocked him when he came in for the hug. No one's trying to see men hug during a boxing match. A quick touch of gloves is more than enough - this isn't Pacman v. Mosley.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Originally Posted by thapointguy

That video explains things more clearly. Now I understand the hate some ppl has for him. He's just living the life how he wants to live. He doesn't have to answer to nobody.

I wanted to see a good clean fight though. It is what it is. Every hand to hand contact sport's #1 rule is keep your hands up and/or your eyes on your fighter at all times.

Yeah I was mad about the whole fight last night, but I guess thats how it goes. I was pissed that Ortiz was smiling and laughing and it just seemed like everyone was just good about getting knocked the hell out. His camp seemed fine with it. I just thought that was lame and I let my emotions get the best of me.
His camp probably wasn't mad because they knew it was Ortiz' fault. First, he throws one of the more intentional illegal shots I've recently seen. Then he follows it with a hug and a kiss on the cheek (that's more than enough), then while the ref is taking away the point he touches gloves (cmon bro), then after the ref deducts the point and tells them to fight, he goes in for a hug (
indifferent.gif
). Looking at Floyd's body language, you could tell he was not happy about the hug and really didn't accept it. Then after the hug, Victor backs up with his hands at his sides like he's chilling.

Honestly, Floyd should've clocked him when he came in for the hug. No one's trying to see men hug during a boxing match. A quick touch of gloves is more than enough - this isn't Pacman v. Mosley.

I loved the fight. Mayweather beat Ortiz, put old man Larry Merchant in his place and pissed off all you Manny Pac fans.

I loved the fight. Mayweather beat Ortiz, put old man Larry Merchant in his place and pissed off all you Manny Pac fans.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

cool story bro

You summed your argument up right there.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not even sure of what you want to hear. Seems like you skimmed that video and missed the point. Mayweather is his own boss. CHUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

cool story bro

You summed your argument up right there.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm not even sure of what you want to hear. Seems like you skimmed that video and missed the point. Mayweather is his own boss. CHUUUUUUUUUUUCH!

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

why does it seem like the majority of Money's fans are african americans who love hip-hop, and the rap culture lifestyle, and majority of Pac's fans are not really to into that lifestyle?

LOL.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

I know plenty of whites who LOVE Mayweather...
I guess it just depends where you live. I personally have never met a non-African American who likes Mayweather.

Coming from you I am not surprised.

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

why does it seem like the majority of Money's fans are african americans who love hip-hop, and the rap culture lifestyle, and majority of Pac's fans are not really to into that lifestyle?

LOL.
30t6p3b.gif

I guess it just depends where you live. I personally have never met a non-African American who likes Mayweather.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

indifferent.gif
 You can't be serious. Also, lets forget the fact that Manny fights ever fighter AFTER May fights them. Oh, but that's ok. and lol @ ortiz having May scared. You are truly a hater. 
has nothing to do with being a hater. floyd is not considered to be a all time great...... he is the monte ellis of boxing great numbers but no relevance

indifferent.gif
 You can't be serious. Also, lets forget the fact that Manny fights ever fighter AFTER May fights them. Oh, but that's ok. and lol @ ortiz having May scared. You are truly a hater. 
has nothing to do with being a hater. floyd is not considered to be a all time great...... he is the monte ellis of boxing great numbers but no relevance

I love it when people say that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love it when people say that.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

5QRB4.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

5QRB4.gif

indifferent.gif
Wait... Since when is Floyd not considered a great? The fact that you believe that tells me  "you don't know *+%# about boxing."

indifferent.gif
Wait... Since when is Floyd not considered a great? The fact that you believe that tells me  "you don't know *+%# about boxing."

indifferent.gif
ok your right he is the best ever........ if you were a fan we could keep going but i cant argue with a groupie, you sound like the first cast member of "boxing wives"

indifferent.gif
ok your right he is the best ever........ if you were a fan we could keep going but i cant argue with a groupie, you sound like the first cast member of "boxing wives"

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Would you care to elaborate on that?

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao will happen... eventually. These fights are tune ups IMO.
- Ortiz will be good, needs more big fight experience. He just isn't there mentally. He wasn't ready for a fight this big... YET

- Floyd didn't show any ring rust like I thought, landed rights and the defense was still sharp

- Ortiz is the one who fought dirty. Floyd just finished it...

- Ortiz thought it was a game. You don't kiss another man in the middle of a fight. Touch gloves and get back to it. He was too apologetic and didn't keep his guards up. The ref already cleared them back to fight.

- Manny is on that mess, he don't want it with Floyd... If Mosley and Ortiz agreed to take the test and he's doing it as well, what's the problem?

Here's an article about the testing... Coming from Teddy Atlas 

Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao will happen... eventually. These fights are tune ups IMO.
- Ortiz will be good, needs more big fight experience. He just isn't there mentally. He wasn't ready for a fight this big... YET

- Floyd didn't show any ring rust like I thought, landed rights and the defense was still sharp

- Ortiz is the one who fought dirty. Floyd just finished it...

- Ortiz thought it was a game. You don't kiss another man in the middle of a fight. Touch gloves and get back to it. He was too apologetic and didn't keep his guards up. The ref already cleared them back to fight.

- Manny is on that mess, he don't want it with Floyd... If Mosley and Ortiz agreed to take the test and he's doing it as well, what's the problem?

Here's an article about the testing... Coming from Teddy Atlas 

Back
Top Bottom