Official Victor Ortiz vs Mayweather 9/17/11

That video explains things more clearly. Now I understand the hate some ppl has for him. He's just living the life how he wants to live. He doesn't have to answer to nobody.

I wanted to see a good clean fight though. It is what it is. Every hand to hand contact sport's #1 rule is keep your hands up and/or your eyes on your fighter at all times.

That video explains things more clearly. Now I understand the hate some ppl has for him. He's just living the life how he wants to live. He doesn't have to answer to nobody.

I wanted to see a good clean fight though. It is what it is. Every hand to hand contact sport's #1 rule is keep your hands up and/or your eyes on your fighter at all times.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Floyd is classless. wow
30t6p3b.gif

Damn good fighter though.

Victor Ortiz handled himself very well in the interview after the loss. I was impressed.
You'd handle yourself well if you just made 2mil off of 12mins

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Floyd is classless. wow
30t6p3b.gif

Damn good fighter though.

Victor Ortiz handled himself very well in the interview after the loss. I was impressed.
You'd handle yourself well if you just made 2mil off of 12mins

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Fix. Why would you headbutt in a round where you had the upper hand?

Upper hand?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

You call having your man on the ropes and not landing punches the upper hand? Or do you call taking shots to the face the upper hand? Some of y'all are just sad.
so wait ur saying ortiz didnt land any shots on mayweather? ur saying that ortiz wasnt walking through mays best power punches? dont know what fight you were watching but ortiz had a shot to win this fight in the later rounds if he kept his game plan of  hoping to trade with may. the fact he did what he did showed me he knew what was coming so he took the cheap way out. you think sugar ray Leonard would have done what may did? 
laugh.gif

What does that have to do with anything? First the conspiracy theory and now you're comparing two different fighters with different personalities from different eras?

Lets deal with facts.

Mayweather landed 73-of-208 punches overall (35 percent), to 26-of-148 (18 percent) for Ortiz.

Mayweather landed only 12-of-83 jabs (14 percent), an unusually small percentage for him, due largely to Ortiz being a left-hander. Ortiz whiffed on jabs, landing 0-of-31.

Mayweather landed 61-of-125 power punches (49 percent), as he found open homes for his left hook and right hand. Ortiz landed 26-of-117 power punches (22 percent).

Compubox Results

Mayweather Jr

Total Punches: 73 / 208 = 35%

Jabs: 12 / 83 = 14%

Power Punches: 61 / 125 = 49%

Ortiz

Total Punches: 26 / 148 = 18%

Jabs: 0 / 31 = 0%

Power Punches: 26 / 117 = 22%

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Fix. Why would you headbutt in a round where you had the upper hand?

Upper hand?
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

You call having your man on the ropes and not landing punches the upper hand? Or do you call taking shots to the face the upper hand? Some of y'all are just sad.
so wait ur saying ortiz didnt land any shots on mayweather? ur saying that ortiz wasnt walking through mays best power punches? dont know what fight you were watching but ortiz had a shot to win this fight in the later rounds if he kept his game plan of  hoping to trade with may. the fact he did what he did showed me he knew what was coming so he took the cheap way out. you think sugar ray Leonard would have done what may did? 
laugh.gif

What does that have to do with anything? First the conspiracy theory and now you're comparing two different fighters with different personalities from different eras?

Lets deal with facts.

Mayweather landed 73-of-208 punches overall (35 percent), to 26-of-148 (18 percent) for Ortiz.

Mayweather landed only 12-of-83 jabs (14 percent), an unusually small percentage for him, due largely to Ortiz being a left-hander. Ortiz whiffed on jabs, landing 0-of-31.

Mayweather landed 61-of-125 power punches (49 percent), as he found open homes for his left hook and right hand. Ortiz landed 26-of-117 power punches (22 percent).

Compubox Results

Mayweather Jr

Total Punches: 73 / 208 = 35%

Jabs: 12 / 83 = 14%

Power Punches: 61 / 125 = 49%

Ortiz

Total Punches: 26 / 148 = 18%

Jabs: 0 / 31 = 0%

Power Punches: 26 / 117 = 22%

Originally Posted by thapointguy

He's just too cocky at times for me. He's a great fighter and business man though. I like him, just wish he'd shut up here and there.

His entourage though 
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
. Its like a group of yes men. 
tired.gif

He's just too cocky at times for me. He's a great fighter and business man though. I like him, just wish he'd shut up here and there.

His entourage though 
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
. Its like a group of yes men. 
tired.gif

In my opinion all three had fault ( FLoyd , Joe Cortez , and Ortiz) . the ref was not even looking at the fighters and i never heard him call time in. Ortiz was dumb for not protecting himself.

Floyd was just classless for that. he took advantage of the moment. I'm pretty sure he was still mad about the headbutt but at least ortiz did it during the fight not while the fight was not even going on.

Just when you want to respect floyd and give the man props he does something like this and then the post fight interview :/

In my opinion all three had fault ( FLoyd , Joe Cortez , and Ortiz) . the ref was not even looking at the fighters and i never heard him call time in. Ortiz was dumb for not protecting himself.

Floyd was just classless for that. he took advantage of the moment. I'm pretty sure he was still mad about the headbutt but at least ortiz did it during the fight not while the fight was not even going on.

Just when you want to respect floyd and give the man props he does something like this and then the post fight interview :/

How is Ortiz going to touch gloves, pull back and then decide to come in for a hug to apologize? Stop it.

Mayweather had gloves up ready to go, let the tap happen and then laced him when Ortiz pulled back from the hug that he brushed off.

#TeamWhiteBoyForMoney

How is Ortiz going to touch gloves, pull back and then decide to come in for a hug to apologize? Stop it.

Mayweather had gloves up ready to go, let the tap happen and then laced him when Ortiz pulled back from the hug that he brushed off.

#TeamWhiteBoyForMoney

Yeah I was mad about the whole fight last night, but I guess thats how it goes. I was pissed that Ortiz was smiling and laughing and it just seemed like everyone was just good about getting knocked the hell out. His camp seemed fine with it. I just thought that was lame and I let my emotions get the best of me.

Yeah I was mad about the whole fight last night, but I guess thats how it goes. I was pissed that Ortiz was smiling and laughing and it just seemed like everyone was just good about getting knocked the hell out. His camp seemed fine with it. I just thought that was lame and I let my emotions get the best of me.

The real fact of the matter is this: Ortiz did something ILLEGAL; Money May did something LEGAL. Whether we all like it or not doesn't matter. Ortiz violated that man with a punk headbutt, so at that point to me all the nice gentlemanly crap goes out the window. Instead of fighting dirty, Money May fought smart: waited for the ref (no matter how clueless he might have been) to call time in, and even allowed for Ortiz to complete his third and final apology before he rocked em. No sucker move if you ask me, just smart BOXING like he displayed all night. Alot of yall are in here acting like Ortiz was doin it before the stuff went down. False. He was getting worked around that ring. Regarding the way it ended; protect yourself at all times. No cheap shot whatsoever

Word to Mills Lane "Ill allow it!"

The real fact of the matter is this: Ortiz did something ILLEGAL; Money May did something LEGAL. Whether we all like it or not doesn't matter. Ortiz violated that man with a punk headbutt, so at that point to me all the nice gentlemanly crap goes out the window. Instead of fighting dirty, Money May fought smart: waited for the ref (no matter how clueless he might have been) to call time in, and even allowed for Ortiz to complete his third and final apology before he rocked em. No sucker move if you ask me, just smart BOXING like he displayed all night. Alot of yall are in here acting like Ortiz was doin it before the stuff went down. False. He was getting worked around that ring. Regarding the way it ended; protect yourself at all times. No cheap shot whatsoever

Word to Mills Lane "Ill allow it!"

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

I highly suggest you all watch this post fight press conference video.

Floyd taking yall Pacquiao fans to CHUUUUURCH!

naw...how?
u saying pacquiao just appeared out of nowhere in the last 5 years?  why because his fights werent televised? 

its not like dude didnt box before he hit hbo/ppv

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=6129&cat=boxer

Was he not right in that Pac's name is attached to his and not the other way around?
grin.gif

This thread is evidence to support that. This is about Mayweather's fight and now dudes are turning this into a Pac slurp fest.
30t6p3b.gif
Money is right, he doesn't need Pac, Pac needs him.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

I highly suggest you all watch this post fight press conference video.

Floyd taking yall Pacquiao fans to CHUUUUURCH!

naw...how?
u saying pacquiao just appeared out of nowhere in the last 5 years?  why because his fights werent televised? 

its not like dude didnt box before he hit hbo/ppv

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=6129&cat=boxer

Was he not right in that Pac's name is attached to his and not the other way around?
grin.gif

This thread is evidence to support that. This is about Mayweather's fight and now dudes are turning this into a Pac slurp fest.
30t6p3b.gif
Money is right, he doesn't need Pac, Pac needs him.

Back
Top Bottom