Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

I guess Gordon's physicality kept him in. Just don't see him being a better offensive player than OJ.

If Green makes the next cut, something isn't right.

I guess Gordon's physicality kept him in. Just don't see him being a better offensive player than OJ.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Gordon's physicality, his superior range, his superior mid range, his superior defense, his superior athleticism.

The only thing OJ holds over Gordon is ball handling as a point guard but even that isn't a big edge.

As far as getting to the cup off creating his own shot, I give it to Gordon.

What is OJ better at offensively?

Gordon's physicality, his superior range, his superior mid range, his superior defense, his superior athleticism.

The only thing OJ holds over Gordon is ball handling as a point guard but even that isn't a big edge.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Maybe I should've said better overall player.

You can't really say Gordon is superior to OJ in all of those things because both players can shoot the lights out. Both guys have shot similar percentages throughout their first two seasons.

I believe OJ is better at creating for others, better rebounder and he knows his role a lot better. Both of them being great shooters cancels out and the only thing Gordon really has on OJ is his physicality. Not sure exactly what they looked at when making the decision to keep him over OJ though.

Forgot Gordon had a 6'9 wingspan compared to OJ's 6'6 as well. I noticed that OJ was playing SF in the scrimmage for a little bit, not sure about Gordon. I'm sure they took that into play too because a guy like Gordon may be used at SF in international play.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Maybe I should've said better overall player.

You can't really say Gordon is superior to OJ in all of those things because both players can shoot the lights out. Both guys have shot similar percentages throughout their first two seasons.

I believe OJ is better at creating for others, better rebounder and he knows his role a lot better. Both of them being great shooters cancels out and the only thing Gordon really has on OJ is his physicality. Not sure exactly what they looked at when making the decision to keep him over OJ though.

Forgot Gordon had a 6'9 wingspan compared to OJ's 6'6 as well. I noticed that OJ was playing SF in the scrimmage for a little bit, not sure about Gordon. I'm sure they took that into play too because a guy like Gordon may be used at SF in international play.

I would say Gordon is definitely a better 3 shooter than Mayo, and that's what put him ahead. The team has enough play makers, slashers and ball handlers, but they are a little short on pure 3 point shooters.

I would say Gordon is definitely a better 3 shooter than Mayo, and that's what put him ahead. The team has enough play makers, slashers and ball handlers, but they are a little short on pure 3 point shooters.

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Gay, EG and Russell will be next
i think Granger will be cut before Gay
I say Green, EG, and unfortunately Granger
frown.gif
Im torn between Gay and Granger but I just feel like the coaches are in love with Gay. I think it should be Green/EG/Westbrook, but the coaches are also in love with Westbrook
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Gay, EG and Russell will be next
i think Granger will be cut before Gay
I say Green, EG, and unfortunately Granger
frown.gif
Im torn between Gay and Granger but I just feel like the coaches are in love with Gay. I think it should be Green/EG/Westbrook, but the coaches are also in love with Westbrook
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom