Official Umar Johnson Thread

This video probably encapsulates every good and bad about Umar

The beginning of the video endorses conspiracy theories, then makes a good point about Kanye's hypocrisy, then some nonsense about a lunar eclipse (look at the signs talk), and he puts his narrow political worldview on display with more conspiracy talk.

All things being considered, I just can't take him seriously

Last edited:
The word misogyny doesn't mean what people think it means.

"having or showing a hatred and distrust of women"

As someone who appreciated the content Samuels created, not once did it register to me that he showed "hated and distrust of women".

Disrespectful, rude, entitled, delusional, argumentative, trifling, and childish people? Yes.

Women? No.

As far as rappers go...context is important.

While the average age of a Hot 100-charting rap act is currently 26.6 years, if we were to remove the two greatest outliers—Eminem and Plies—that number would drop down to 25.3 years, which is more than three full years younger than the average age of a No. 1 hitmaker regardless of genre over the past six decades.

Also,

Using absolutes is an automatic non starter.

Doubtful that Snoop (a man who has been married for 26 years) meant "all women" when writing verses for The Chronic album at 21 years old. Pretty sure the word he used started with a "B" :lol:

Similarly, its doubtful that 23 year old Glorilla meant "all men" on F.N.F. / nobody calls out misandry in Rap.

Most folks are intelligent enough to understand Glorilla was not referring to "all men" Ex: Barack Obama.

IJS - context is important.

Disgusting from a so called pro-black figure. I don't understand why he has serious followers.
A lot of successful con artists are great speakers. I think Umar is a very good speaker, though what jumped out to me as a big red flag from the start is that he keeps calling himself ‘king conscious’, the prince of, …

Back
Top Bottom