Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Knowing that you were able to go on vacation, but srs what difference does it make?
I don't know exactly what you're asking me. My vacation is booked, this is just spending money. I'm curious to know why folks thought this shoe was worth $700-1500. I had these in hand and didn't see that value in them.

If you'd like to know why I've paid high amounts of money for other sneakers, I'd be happy to tell you.

likely the same reasons why it's worth it to you to spend that money on a vacation. people values things differently.
This doesn't answer my question at all. I'm going on vacation to visit hometown and my family.

I'm not criticizing it. I spend stupid money on stupid sneakers the same way anyone else does. I just want to know what makes this sneaker worth that much to someone who values it that much.

lolaye i got 50 goat credit lol gonna have them lows for around the 450 lol upper $400 cash i aint mad

Come on dowwwwn *price is right theme song

tumblr_m7gmt3YPZW1ryy772o3_r1_250.gif

This doesn't answer my question at all. I'm going on vacation to visit hometown and my family.

I'm not criticizing it. I spend stupid money on stupid sneakers the same way anyone else does. I just want to know what makes this sneaker worth that much to someone who values it that much.
I think you're looking too deep into it, and trying to find a reason why they're wrong for doing it.

while I agree with you and don't think these are worth those prices, especially with how good fakes are. I'm also not going to act like people don't have different likes and dislikes. it's pretty simple, they like the colorway, artist or the hype, enough to pay the price. probably the same exact reasons you've paid top dollar for other shoes.

It’s a good question though. I can count on maybe one hand and few extra fingers times I paid resale. It’s cool to explore others thought process
Thought process seems simple enough, you wanted it. Unless there were other reasons you paid resale those few times. I dont get it and doubt anybody could make me understand beyond the simple thought process beyond 'I wanted it'

I don't know exactly what you're asking me. My vacation is booked, this is just spending money. I'm curious to know why folks thought this shoe was worth $700-1500. I had these in hand and didn't see that value in them.

If you'd like to know why I've paid high amounts of money for other sneakers, I'd be happy to tell you.
My bad :lol:

I think you're looking too deep into it, and trying to find a reason why they're wrong for doing it.

while I agree with you and don't think these are worth those prices, especially with how good fakes are. I'm also not going to act like people don't have different likes and dislikes. it's pretty simple, they like the colorway, artist or the hype, enough to pay the price. probably the same exact reasons you've paid top dollar for other shoes.
I don't think anybody is wrong for it. I did not say or imply that. I posed a question to have a discussion about what makes a shoe worth it to someone, and for some reason you got this idea in your head that I'm trying to shame people for it. Guilty conscience?

I've paid $500+ a few times for sneakers that I spent years tracking down. The rarity and time spent looking and likeliness to never see that shoe in that size for that price again made me spend the money. For a shoe like TS 1s where hundreds of pairs are available on the secondary market, the challenges I faced in finding the pairs I spent $500+ on are not challenges I see when buying TS 1s.

EASILY

UNC OW are trash and I owned em
OW UNC are pretty polarizing. I think the Union Black Toes are probably a better value. I'm on the fence. Not gonna lie, it's all about the hype with those. I personally think the limited factor of OW releases are the main factor driving up prices more than the shoe itself. I know you can say that about a lot of hyped releases, but for me personally, the OW models take that to the extreme. Just my opinion

Materials used are good money on the highs, add to the fact people are big fans of the AJ1's here and they most likely missed out on retail. While it may seem pricey now, imagine these go up in value and said person has to fork over even more cash down the line if they want the sneakers.

Last edited:
I'm probably gonna hold onto that goat credit till after the next TS release... Just in case I strike out at retail lol. Thanks for the suggestions though

I don't think anybody is wrong for it. I did not say or imply that. I posed a question to have a discussion about what makes a shoe worth it to someone, and for some reason you got this idea in your head that I'm trying to shame people for it. Guilty conscience?

I've paid $500+ a few times for sneakers that I spent years tracking down. The rarity and time spent looking and likeliness to never see that shoe in that size for that price again made me spend the money. For a shoe like TS 1s where hundreds of pairs are available on the secondary market, the challenges I faced in finding the pairs I spent $500+ on are not challenges I see when buying TS 1s.
Far from it, all my pairs came at retail. I’ve said it several times I don’t think they’re worth resale either, not with the risk of getting fakes. These are Ray Allen 13s to me.

What you’re essentially saying is because you spent years tracking down shoes it made it worth it, which is fine. That’s what you like about a sneaker. Others feel differently. There’s not necessarily a right or wrong way about this, as much as we like to think there is

Far from it, all my pairs came at retail. I’ve said it several times I don’t think they’re worth resale either, not with the risk of getting fakes. These are Ray Allen 13s to me.

What you’re essentially saying is because you spent years tracking down shoes it made it worth it, which is fine. That’s what you like about a sneaker. Others feel differently. There’s not necessarily a right or wrong way about this, as much as we like to think there is
Yes....that's what I was saying. You're the one who thought I was insinuating folks were wrong for doing it; I didn't paint that negative picture of anyone at all. I was just curious to know why. I just explained why I have and I was hoping to hear from someone who actually spent the dough to know why they did.

Why do you say that? I'm not doing it to impress anybody and I'm not spending money I don't have. I'm essentially "trading" kicks for kicks. But whatever bro
but since the shoe ur buying is an OG color way it somehow makes it better than copping a TS at resale?

Yes....that's what I was saying. You're the one who thought I was insinuating folks were wrong for doing it; I didn't paint that negative picture of anyone at all. I was just curious to know why. I just explained why I have and I was hoping to hear from someone who actually spent the dough to know why they did.

Who the f*** cares how somebody spends their money! We are all grown men here so no explanations needed! Yalls conversation is going NO WHERE!

Thats cool we have another opportunity to purchase in August but why that instagram act like research involves knowing KYLIE'S BIRTHDAY is key research.

bro stormi's poop is brown so that must have been travis's inspiration behind the jordan 6 colorway...****

Back
Top Bottom