Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

I think people called TV a fad at one time.
Very true, but TV stuck around cause it's something everyone is able to enjoy. Most ppl who thought tv was going to be a fad were older folks who were stuck on radio. Same was said about cars, planes, computers, cell phones, internet, social media & streaming, but all these things were made for everyone to enjoy so they had a higher likelihood to survive & grow. Funko toys are for a small niche market which tend to become a fad over time. But that doesn't take away from the true value of these things which come from the connection between the owner & the object.

Last edited:
why are funkopop's a big deal?

Anything that can flip is a big deal in today's "culture" :lol:.

They're cool, but I'd say most of the ones that have value only resell like $10-15 over retail. After fees and shipping and all the bs people are really only making like $5-10 off of each one. Of course there's a few outliers out there that sell for hundreds and thousands, but it's not a normal thing. Definitely more trouble than it's worth imo. If you ask me, they're definitely one of those things where you only buy the ones where you actually have some fandom to the character you're buying.

I think people called TV a fad at one time.

Very true, but TV stuck around cause it's something everyone is able to enjoy. Most ppl who thought tv was going to be a fad were older folks who were stuck on radio. Same was said about cars, planes, computers, cell phones, internet, social media & streaming, but all these things were made for everyone to enjoy so they had a higher likelihood to survive & grow. Funko toys are for a small niche market which tend to become a fad over time. But that doesn't take away from the true value of these things which come from the connection between the owner & the object.

plus those items you mentioned evolved.... HD TV, flat screen TV.... what the hell is funko "beanie baby 2.0" pops gonna do lol.

Last edited:
Sometimes I buy Funkos of my heros (Prince, Spike Lee, MJ) and favorite TV shows. Still even have my Starting Lineup figures from the 80s and 90s. Just into collecting.

They need to make a Jawn Mayer joint and I'm in

it'll look like any other white guy funko pop lol.

ded669188ea28bbef93ac086dc5b17f1.jpg

Look what they did for BTS. Its literally the same...

bts_large.PNG

well shoes are different from collectible figurines IMO. A long discussion that I'll spare the thread from.

JPS JPS this is the only JM funko worth getting

upload_2019-7-10_10-29-36.png

funnko wack as hell, only dorks collect that crap.

wouldnt call anyone dorks but some do take it very serious got a few of them in our very own funko thread on this site and its pretty funny to me how serious they take it on a shoe forum

Back
Top Bottom