Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread . First (preseason) game in 2 days! Season Thread is up!

they should just shorten his whole damn contract.
56 mil for 5 years? blazers only offered 50mil for 5 year.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

use that 6 mil to fix the bench/another role player.

Huge. We might be overpaying but with Bosh in a contract year and Hedo coming off a good season we should do damage in the post season.

I guess this means Anthony Parker is no longer a Rap. Dude was definition of a class act. Any contender would benefit with his services. The last two years hisdecline due to age was obvious but he's still a serviceable vet.

Apparently there is a sign and trade in he works with Delfino going to Orlando for J.J. Reddick.

I'd rather have J.J. to be honest. Dude could beast if used right and his D is decent.

Delfino could board but dude was a chucker.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Marcus Banks would be a perfect sixth man if utilized as such.

You know, thats not a bad observation. However, dont you think hes gotten enough chances with several teams by now?

Hedo 5years/ 57mil?

smh.gif

Why overpay this guy, he's not Kobe or LeBron.
We sign him and that means we can't resign AP, Marion & Delfino

I duno bout ya'll but I duno how this would help our team.

the hell are people so concerned with trix, ap, and delfino now for?

people were clamouring for ap not to be brought back last season.

i swear there was a parade when delfino went to europe.

and unless i was watching a different nba, marion didnt really effect the game for the raptors the way he used to in his prime.

turkoglu addresses possibly the biggest weakness the raptors have.

he is a playmaker who can create his own offense on the wing. he can shoot, handle, pass, and get to the basket.

i dont think the contract was that great of an idea but in no way were they going to be any better by keeping the current roster intact.

i would have pursued david lee more actually, but again im not going to mind seeing turk in a raptors uni for a season or two.

Oh best belive Colongelo will make sure we still have the MLE and If we do Kleiza may still be in play.
Here are some names that a guy in the organization gave me yesterday as possible guys who'll fall through the cracks and be available on minimum salary deals when the economic pinch is truly felt later this summer:

Matt Barnes, Von Wafer, Gerald Green, Ronnie Price, Joey Graham, Jamario Moon (remember those last two?) and maybe even Shannon Brown, although that's a stretch.
grin.gif
per Doug Smith.

getting a grasp of what the roster looks like as of right now

bargnani
bosh
turkoglu
derozan
calderon

evans
hump
douby
ukic
banks

starting frontcourt should be one of the more mobile in the league and spreading the opposing defense shouldnt be an issue with all that range.

dont think derozan should be starting immediately but there is literally no one else. still need major upgrades at shooting guard,

the bench overall is looking pretty thin but moreso in the back court.

evans and hump combo should be able to bang and provode a semblance of toughness off the bench.

ukic was seen as a lottery selection by some and he has shown some great flashes but he's got to get more consistent .

david lee wouldn't fit in here. where would he play with bosh and bargani?
shannon brown would be a nice fit in the raptors.
im saying, the lakers are making an huge mistake if they dont resign brown/odom.
the raptors must find a way to make that contract shorter so they have some extra money to spend on that bench, because those starters are going to have topush 40mins a nights each.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

The starting five looks solid but that bench looks terrible
sick.gif

Some potential bargains/steals out there that the Raptors should look into to round out the roster: Ime Udoka, Keith Bogans, Walter Herrmann, Jamaal Magloire

Couldn't believe the Turkoglu signing when I read it; all afternoon "Trukoglu & Blazers reach agreement", then I go out for the night andcome home to "Turkoglu headed to Toronto".

Opinions on the Summer League roster?

DeMar DeRozan
Roko Ukic
Quincy Douby
Nathan Jawai
Patrick O'Bryant
Carl English - Always been a big fan since his days at Hawaii, hope he can somehow crack the roster (I know it's very unlikely)
Ekene Ibekwe
David Doublas
Brent Petway
Paul Davis - Might be a nice addition to the front court
Smush Parker -
roll.gif

Demetris Nichols

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Couldn't believe the Turkoglu signing when I read it; all afternoon "Trukoglu & Blazers reach agreement", then I go out for the night and come home to "Turkoglu headed to Toronto".

Opinions on the Summer League roster?

Smush Parker -
roll.gif
ah hell nah

davis could be a gem on that roster.

Carl English - Always been a big fan since his days at Hawaii, hope he can somehow crack the roster (I know it's very unlikely)
if you're looking for canadian content, both denham brown and juan mendez can do the same things as english, (which is essentially shoot) justbetter.

both are better players too.

You guys should go after Von Wafer for a back up 2, he'd be great off the bench because you guys have NO scoring off the bench.

Maybe get GG if you are looking for another athlete to replace Joey. Also maybe look a potential sign and trade for Josh Childress who is rumored to want tocome back to the NBA. He'd be a great back up 2/3, athletic, can defend, shoot, and a high basketball IQ. He shouldn't ask for a bigger contract thenabout 4-5 mil a year.

Hmm Matt Barnes and Von Wafer seem pretty intriguing, if I have a choice between Gerald Greene and Joey Graham I'm taking Joey, other than jumping highdoes Gerald greene bring to the basketball court. At least Joeys got serviceable defense, decent mid range jumper, good rebound can play the 4 ina pinch...ormaybe even Jamrio Moon who at least is a good defender and his 3 point shot has become decent.

Gerald is just so bad in every way shape and form.

Maybe get GG if you are looking for another athlete to replace Joey

they arent really comparable players. green is a leaper, that's it.

joey's doesnt just jump, he's a bit of a bruiser and he can be a serious problem on the O-glass when he's playing well.

that's the issue, while he's a talented player, he cant really ever put that together into an extended period of playing well.

i doubt we could scoop matt barnes for a min contract but von wafer is a player that could help with depth on the wings for minimal money.

I dont know about Von. Dude is a good player, but its the attitude I would be concerned about.

I like both players, and I think they would be good, but I wouldn't be surprised if Von had a short leash in Toronto if he was on our roster.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

davis could be a gem on that roster.

if you're looking for canadian content, both denham brown and juan mendez can do the same things as english, (which is essentially shoot) just better.

both are better players too.

Mendez is a completely different player than English & Brown. He's an undersized post player who can step out and and hit the mid-range J,which is why he's not in the league. He was a great college player, but nobody wants a 6'8" center. I think saying he can do the "same thingsas English" is ridiculous.

I've always been a fan of Brown, but I would argue that English is a better perimeter shooter than he is. Over the past few years Brown has made someadjustments to his form, I'm not sure why, because it looks uglier and goes in less.

if you're looking for canadian content, both denham brown and juan mendez can do the same things as english, (which is essentially shoot) just better.
Juan Mendez a better shooter than English
indifferent.gif

Mendez is a completely different player than English & Brown. He's an undersized post player who can step out and and hit the mid-range J, which is why he's not in the league. He was a great college player, but nobody wants a 6'8" center. I think saying he can do the "same things as English" is ridiculous.

not at all.

im well aware that mendez is a forward, however the only thing english can do that could even remotely be considered a strength is shoot the ball, which mendezcan do just as effectively.

english cant pass, handle, board, defend ,or get to the basket, or do anything that a team needs their guards to do.

so yes, as far as anything that could be relevant and helpful to a squad, mendez can do the exact same things english can.

mendez (and denham for that matter) is bigger, more athletic, and versatile.

and last i checked, neither of them is in the nba.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Mendez is a completely different player than English & Brown. He's an undersized post player who can step out and and hit the mid-range J, which is why he's not in the league. He was a great college player, but nobody wants a 6'8" center. I think saying he can do the "same things as English" is ridiculous.
english cant pass, handle, board, defend ,or get to the basket, or do anything that a team needs their guards to do.

mendez (and denham for that matter) is bigger, more athletic, and versatile.
What can exactly can Mendez as a big do to help an NBA squad?

He is not versatile at all... he can hit a mid-range jump shot, is too slow to take anybody off the dribble, and not tall enough/strong enough to play on theblock.

Back
Top Bottom