Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Is Nike even releasing the 97's on .ca? I see the silver bullet colourway 95's on the launch calendar, but not the 97s.

Courtside is releasing them, probably won't have my size. But they should have some online tomorrow.

Nope. No NDCa release for the 97s

First off Demar isn't even the best player on his team, I'm a huge fan but from a league perspective he's probably not even making all-NBA 3rd team. if you're not the next Vince Carter (highlight reel) or Allen Iverson (bad boy, small PG) you're not selling shoes ... Demar isn't that guy regardless of market.

Kahwi Leonard doesn't even have a signature shoe and he's by far (along with RW) Jordan's brands best player and top 3-5 player in the league (no debating, don't even try). His jersey sells but I doubt his shoes would, JB will just outfit him with the XXXI to move those and give him the occasional PE.
??? He's not the best player on the raptors? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Who picked up Silver Bullet 97s from the surprise drop at LS today?

Saw the tweet, told my boss ill be back in half an hour and grabbed them. Apparently there was a known reseller who was there shortly before i came and the guy wanted to buy 5 pairs. Manager shot that down asap from what i heard ha

97s sold out in seconds on exclucity. Got a 12 in the cart and couldn't finish checkout. [emoji]128555[/emoji]

^ I would try to keep adding to cart and checking out. I somehow managed to pull a pair of GS Royal's even though I was cartjacked and it later showed sold out.

This Air Max 97 retro looks nothing like the original shoe (i.e. the metallic mesh behind the swoosh not there, the rear air window doesn't bulge out, no 25psi marking on the outsole).

I don't understand what's with all the reseller hype?!?

Last edited:

Not impressed with them especially for the 50$ price hike. Basically 50$ more for a multi coloured heel counter....no thanks.
the custom options are s**t. I'm just surprised that it isn't sold out yet with all the hypebeast

I am finally going to pull the trigger on NikeID. Always wanted to ID a pair.

Thoughts? I modeled it after Luke Skywalker's flight suit.

Anyone experience any fails with Nike Canada ID?

The playoffs are fully set now and it will be interesting to say the least. There was so much debate on the battle for the number one spot, with people going as far as saying the Cavs were losing on purpose to get the second seed (to avoid Washington) and get Toronto instead. It's obviously never a smart idea to underestimate any opponent and I'm not looking past Milwaukee.

I also feel that Cleveland is not going to have a super easy road through Indiana if Paul George has anything to say about it. Boston, even more interestingly against Chicago will be very surprising I feel. I said before that Boston are pretenders so let's see if they can get through a Chicago team which I feel matches up very well against them in a 7 game series. I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago could pull off the upset especially since D Wade is back...

Does anyone know if Footaction is opening early for these 95s or 97s? 
They are, but men's sizes "haven't come in yet". They said later in the morning, not sure what time. EC Foot Locker only had size 8 and 13 when I left at around 8:20.

Last edited:

This Air Max 97 retro looks nothing like the original shoe (i.e. the metallic mesh behind the swoosh not there, the rear air window doesn't bulge out, no 25psi marking on the outsole).

I don't understand what's with all the reseller hype?!?
you can thank Drizzy for that...  he posted a fit on his IG with them and a Stone Island jacket on.  Needless to say IG is flooded w young guns rocking or atleast attempting to rock a similar fit.

Oh wow. I was considering going over afterwards, maybe I should have.
May have been a tough call bud, I think we're close in size (9.5) and the guy was like for your size i would suggest coming really early.  Wouldn't be surprised though if FA gets a large size run given they're still trying to push the store

May have been a tough call bud, I think we're close in size (9.5) and the guy was like for your size i would suggest coming really early.  Wouldn't be surprised though if FA gets a large size run given they're still trying to push the store
Were you planning on getting them?

Were you planning on getting them?
Was on the fence w this release once i saw more detailed pics of the shoes.  The mudguard is throwing me off on this pair cause it has some type of silver glitter on it that I'm not a huge fan of.  Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of the silhouette but i already have a pair from the '08 release which is only missing the white outline on the outsole, PSI markings and the bigger bubble.  Would only cop if it was an easy cop but not going to make missions for this pair

Back
Top Bottom