Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

So if FTL aren't getting the AM1, I guess I'll default to the infrared flyknits

easy enough

I'm holding off on those AM90 FKs as they may end up on the sales racks like the AM1 FKs...although AM90 > AM1 in terms of popularity though and it may not happen -.-"

Last edited:
I'm glad March is bringing back the love for the AM line.  As much as I love Jordan Brand, the Air Maxes always hold a special place for those who grew up in the 80/90s

I'm glad March is bringing back the love for the AM line.  As much as I love Jordan Brand, the Air Maxes always hold a special place for those who grew up in the 80/90s
Yes but then again when they brought them back last time, they sat.  It seems like people are on the OG bandwagon all of a sudden.

Yes but then again when they brought them back last time, they sat.  It seems like people are on the OG bandwagon all of a sudden.
I personally believe that Nike has managed to create hype for the OGs due to their constant releases of the garbage "essential" models of their Air Max models, and the shelving of the typical Air Max we saw a few years ago, which are now marketed as OG. They market these essential models as "light" and "made of new tech", but in reality the materials on the shoes scream cheap, and aren't worth the price tag at all.  

Its just like what they are doing with some retro Jordans, and its all about Nike making another $3 Billion.  
mean.gif

Well, that's my rant for the day.
laugh.gif

Probably gonna be hated for this but I can't stand the shape of the AM90... AM1 all the way.
95s are my favourite tbh but the 90, 97 and 1s are pretty solid too.

IMO, think it depends on which model.  The AM1 Safaris last year didn't really sit but i know ppl weren't too happy with the change of materials on the toebox.  The other models did sit cause pricing was a bit high and i think you really need to be a diehard Air Max fan to go nuts over the BWs (which I did
roll.gif
)

Probably gonna be hated for this but I can't stand the shape of the AM90... AM1 all the way.
Is retro AM1 just as narrow at the toe box as the retro AM90?

The last time they retro the AM1 the airbag was red which I didn't like. Actually I don't like the WC4 having a grey airbag either but it's not as noticeable as some bright colors. OG shouldn't have wrong minute details imo, glad they went back to the clear airbag.

So I asked at Capsule and they have no idea about the OG release either. I guess NDC it is.

Last edited:
It seems like people are on the OG bandwagon all of a sudden.
It's because this city has become mostly hype chasers. Anything that garners a bit of discussion and interest, people's ears perk up. I mean I get it....that's how you often get into new things, sneakers or otherwise, but it's well beyond that now.

Last edited:

Yea man always loved air max! Glad to see the love still being shown, even the boost babies are catching on. OG Red and Blue.. I may double up.

95s are my favourite tbh but the 90, 97 and 1s are pretty solid too.

IMO, think it depends on which model.  The AM1 Safaris last year didn't really sit but i know ppl weren't too happy with the change of materials on the toebox.  The other models did sit cause pricing was a bit high and i think you really need to be a diehard Air Max fan to go nuts over the BWs (which I did
roll.gif
)
I'm speaking of OG CW's in general.  Sport red AM1, laser blue AM 90, neon 95's, silver 97's...  the last time they released, they all sat.  The last time that they prob sold somewhat well was prob HOA.  They'd go on sale and still sit.  Last year when they dropped the neon 95's, there was suddenly hype around the shoe
It's because this city has become mostly hype chasers. Anything that garners a bit of discussion and interest, people's ears perk up. I mean I get it....that's how you often get into new things, sneakers or otherwise, but it's well beyond that now.

Last edited:
I'm speaking of OG CW's in general.  Sport red AM1, laser blue AM 90, neon 95's, silver 97's...  the last time they released, they all sat.  The last time that they prob sold somewhat well was prob HOA.  They'd go on sale and still sit.  Last year when they dropped the neon 95's, there was suddenly hype around the shoe

That was 2008-2010 for you. Cop'd my OG laser blue AM90 with such ease. Then shortly after the "vintage" laser blue AM90 came out with the pre-yellowed sole (remember that pack? dafaq where they thinking?!). Funny thing was, the OG laser blue AM90 sat around on shelves so long that their soles turned somewhat yellow and so your regular non-sneakerhead customers were baffled by 2 shoe that looked the same yet slightly differently priced and named.

I'm holding off on those AM90 FKs as they may end up on the sales racks like the AM1 FKs...although AM90 > AM1 in terms of popularity though and it may not happen -.-"
Price tag might deter people from buying it though $215

I wanted to cop the am1 but won't be available at any local spots for me.

I saw this and depressed the hell out of me

http://www.kicksonfire.com/air-jordan-3-atmos-nike-air-max-1-pack/
 extremely limited edition Tier Zero Pack

Yup! I bought my OG red QS AM1's at Burloak for 60 bucks back in 2010. 99.99+30% off. Cant pass that deal up. I still wear them today.

I'm hoping to get a pair of the Royals though. 

Last edited:

Is retro AM1 just as narrow at the toe box as the retro AM90?

The last time they retro the AM1 the airbag was red which I didn't like. Actually I don't like the WC4 having a grey airbag either but it's not as noticeable as some bright colors. OG shouldn't have wrong minute details imo, glad they went back to the clear airbag.

So I asked at Capsule and they have no idea about the OG release either. I guess NDC it is.
it's hard to say tbh.  I find that my AM1s run a bit bigger than my AM90s but I'm comparing the shape of an '08 AM1 to a '08 AM90 build

Agreed but that's also cause they pumped out a lot more stock than they did during the HOA release not to mention they were retroing them a lot sooner like most of Nike product at that time.  I remember when you needed to wait on avg 3-5 years before a model was retroed and then they decreased that wait time to 2-3 years if not sooner.  I mean I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty happy the 97s sat when they retroed them last time cause i got a deal on them but I had some trouble getting my size for the Neon 95s and needed to put in some work.

FYI, restock on NDCA for the AJ1 ASG in a FSR. 

eBates is also doing 15% cash back right now and it appears their terms and conditions have been updated so it looks like jordan's are included now.

Faaak. Was at an outlet last night with the TF jacket in hand. Passed because the in-store 30% wasn't enough. Could have scored with this discount too according to the forum. Damn!

That expired on Monday so you were late regardless. They didn't really have any discounts on anything besides Jordan clothing during the f and f weekend.

Back
Top Bottom