OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Wish I had cable now
laugh.gif
Fear not, all remastered episodes are on HBO GO

Anyone watching the marathon right now? How does it look in HD?
Forgot it started today, flipped around and found it, it looks 
nthat.gif
Been watching all day
Stupid me, I went to work today. Even if it was for 2 hours 
laugh.gif

Bruh! :wow: :lol: :rofl: :smh:

In the summer of 2003, Andre Royo, known to fans of HBO’s The Wire as recovering heroin addict and Baltimore police informant Bubbles, was standing in a buffet line fixing himself a plate at a party for the premium cabler in New York, when he saw Mark Wahlberg making his way toward him.

At the time, the middle of the second season of The Wire was airing, and the actor was at the event to toast the launch of another HBO series, Entourage, which Wahlberg produced.

“I was like, oh ****! Mark Wahlberg’s coming up to me!” Royo told BuzzFeed News via phone, recalling the glint of familiarity in Wahlberg’s eyes. “And he came up to me, and he was like, ‘Hey, you’ve got a good job now. I hope you appreciate your position right now. You better stay clean and take advantage of this moment.’”

Royo was momentarily confused. “I’m like, ‘What are you talking about? I’m an actor. I’ve been doing theater for a little while.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you was a real junkie. I thought they found somebody on the street and they gave him a part. My bad,’” Royo remembered. “He definitely took a step back.”

It’s Time To Revisit The Greatest TV Show Ever (That No One Watched)

Wahlberg, what a ****.  And even if Bubs wasn't an actor who the hell is he to come up tell someone and be like "i hope you appreciate this blah blah blah...." He might as well pat him on the head 

FOH!

Last edited:
Bruh!
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif

In the summer of 2003, Andre Royo, known to fans of HBO’s The Wire as recovering heroin addict and Baltimore police informant Bubbles, was standing in a buffet line fixing himself a plate at a party for the premium cabler in New York, when he saw Mark Wahlberg making his way toward him.

At the time, the middle of the second season of The Wire was airing, and the actor was at the event to toast the launch of another HBO series, Entourage, which Wahlberg produced.

“I was like, oh ****! Mark Wahlberg’s coming up to me!” Royo told BuzzFeed News via phone, recalling the glint of familiarity in Wahlberg’s eyes. “And he came up to me, and he was like, ‘Hey, you’ve got a good job now. I hope you appreciate your position right now. You better stay clean and take advantage of this moment.’”

Royo was momentarily confused. “I’m like, ‘What are you talking about? I’m an actor. I’ve been doing theater for a little while.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, I’m sorry. I thought you was a real junkie. I thought they found somebody on the street and they gave him a part. My bad,’” Royo remembered. “He definitely took a step back.”

It’s Time To Revisit The Greatest TV Show Ever (That No One Watched)
...like I said, **** that Entourage movie.

God dam , I just did the whole season 1, just about 13 hours . I dont think I can do all these seasons :lol:

Hurtin right now ...

Watched the 1st episode on HBO Go, it looks decent. Had to just turn it off before i try to watch the whole series in a weekend. :lol:

I've re watched the series 4 times since it ended on some binge watching steez, i'm gonna pace myself w/ the HD version.

I have seen this series at least 7 times from start to finish. :smh: @ hd quality now. Looks like I'm going to be watching it an eighth time.

I was going to watch the series this Summer when psn got hbogo until I fired it up and realized none of the series was in HD, not even later seasons. Then this Fall they announced the remastering in HD so I decided to wait for that. Finally I'm half way into season 1 and I like it but dont love it like I did BB and Sopranos.

Will the pace pick up in the next couple seasons? Was gonna try to watch the whole series before 2015 but will be impossible with football on tomorrow (today)

Watching this again, and seeing Stringer....still a dirtbag. Flipping on Avon because YOU had your own plan. Smh.

Back
Top Bottom