Official The Tonight Show 06/01/09 vol. CONAN O'BRIEN

laugh.gif
at conan's laker seats

THIS WAS WORTH THE WAIT
The whole show was nice. I miss it being called max weinburg and the max weinburg 7 though.

I agree awesome show.

But I still think he belongs in New York. Why couldn't they do the Tonight show over there.

Conan's element is in New York, in a small stage, with a low budget. Those things that limited his production forced creativity out of him and his writingstaff.

But non the less, the comedy was the same and that's a good thing.

I made it up until the first commercial of the Ferrel segment. I'll catch the rest on DVR after work. Here's my take.

Opening segment was great. The running was hilarious, especially the doll store and running through Wrigley. Conan was seriously sprinting.

The Taurus segment was classic. Universal Tour was funny, but some parts were annoying.

The set is seriously insane. So nice.

It will take a while to get used to the new band name.

It felt just like Late Night. I don't feel like a whole lot changed. We'll see as the show goes on.

My only complaint is Andy Richter. Maybe just because I don't like him, but having to hear him laugh obnoxiously loud into the mic after every joke REALLYgot on my nerves. I don't need all his little unfunny comments either.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

My only complaint is Andy Richter. Maybe just because I don't like him, but having to hear him laugh obnoxiously loud into the mic after every joke REALLY got on my nerves. I don't need all his little unfunny comments either.
QFT. Him and Conan don't really play off each other well. Richter's trying to get jokes in, Conan's trying to get jokes in, and itall becomes a garbled mess. Conan and Max stonefacing each other FTW.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

My only complaint is Andy Richter. Maybe just because I don't like him, but having to hear him laugh obnoxiously loud into the mic after every joke REALLY got on my nerves. I don't need all his little unfunny comments either.
QFT. Him and Conan don't really play off each other well. Richter's trying to get jokes in, Conan's trying to get jokes in, and it all becomes a garbled mess. Conan and Max stonefacing each other FTW.
Yeah I'm kind of torn with Andy. He had his moments and in the early years he was important to the show, but Conan can handle it on his own.

They definitely need to lower the volume on his mic, I don't want to hear his laugh over the audience every time he makes a joke.

I'd be willing to bet they asked Joel to come, but he probably declined. I'm sure being so old it wasn't worth it to move to California.

Back
Top Bottom