***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

NBA players have some of the WORST tattoos out there, IMO. I would look up artists in your area and go check out their portfolios. 

That is sick :pimp:

What price range was this, if you dont mind me asking?

Free! My older brother is my artist.

I'm getting my first tattoo in a few weeks :pimp: I'm excited but kinda nervous. Like I've been contemplating it for a while and now I'm finally getting it

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my outline done last week have to go back for shading and fill in...what's worse shading or outline. The outline was pretty rough on the part near the top..

yikes...

and shading is usually way worse than the outline

yup i'd tend to tattoo baby. nice tattoo ken piffy.

shading isn't bad unless they are trying to go really black, then it sucks hard.

I got 2 tattoos. The first one is a neck tattoo...

It means there's always going to be something in life weighing you down, but you'll always be able to get through it. :smile:

My second tattoo is a big one. It's a tiger tattoo and starts around my right breast going all the way down till my knee covering half my right butt. I'd love to post it here, but it might be a bit inappropriate so here's the link: http://www.killerhotgirls.com/hotgirl/932/like-the-tattoo?.html . I'm the one in the middle.

Hell to the no.

Shading is a cake walk. I have 2 sleeves, outline was way worse, I could take shading for hours.

I guess it is all relative. Shading and coloring is absolutely the worst for me. I hated it and doing about 4 hours was just about my threshold. The worst is how much you have to go over your area to make it a solid color. Lango (my artist) did the scales on my dragon one session and had ot go over it again just cause some parts weren't covered as well. I imagine that would be the same for the windbars and clouds that I have yet to do.

And I had to look this Tatu Baby chick up. Had no idea she was the girl from this pic. Might have to watch that damn stupid show on On Demand now:

It's rare that I say this with hot girls with tattoos but I think she would better if she had none at all. Most of the stuff she has is crap.

Last edited:
I had to do a double take when I was watching the show. She is def bad.
pimp.gif

And really? I mean if you do outline and THEN shading in the same session, I can see why shading would hurt. Otherwise, whenever I got my tattoos I would almost cream my pants once he finished the outline and went to shading.

I guess it is all relative. Shading and coloring is absolutely the worst for me. I hated it and doing about 4 hours was just about my threshold. The worst is how much you have to go over your area to make it a solid color. Lango (my artist) did the scales on my dragon one session and had ot go over it again just cause some parts weren't covered as well. I imagine that would be the same for the windbars and clouds that I have yet to do.
And I had to look this Tatu Baby chick up. Had no idea she was the girl from this pic. Might have to watch that damn stupid show on On Demand now:

It's rare that I say this with hot girls with tattoos but I think she would better if she had none at all. Most of the stuff she has is crap.
Yeah her stuff isn't placed out very well, IMO. I hate just random tattoos everywhere without some sort of blend to them.

But when it comes to pain with shading/outline I think it depends on location and size of what your getting done. Outline feels a lot different and more annoying to me.
Free! My older brother is my artist.
Damn, that's sick, I had a friend who has 2 full color sleeves for free from someone that was practicing.

Last edited:
I always just think 4 needles hurt more so then a single need with outlining. I guess everyone takes pain differently.

On the topic of tattooed chicks (and to just put some sort of content down in this post), I think Norm Will Rise's chick is cute:

tumblr_me8kxyul4E1qfgwwmo1_500.jpg
tumblr_me5ugf4Q9S1qfgwwmo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mdz1lcw0Rr1qfgwwmo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mdi69f56tE1qfgwwmo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mc00199ia21qfgwwmo1_500.jpg

http://gypsyone.tumblr.com/

And if people don't know who Norm is. One of the best letter tattoo artist in the game......if you like that wild style look of course:

tumblr_mdg8gu9nBc1qb2515o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mcoo9bjq2b1qb2515o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mcl9xvrd161qb2515o1_500.jpg
tumblr_mbr9xlQicv1qb2515o1_500.jpg

http://willrisestudio.tumblr.com/

I know its a long shot, but does anyone know any artist who are good at lettering in the state of Arizona??? :nerd:

I've looked through the thread and haven't seen any. I don't want to get a major tat on vacation b/c it may take multiple sessions. Any help will be appreciated!

And if it matters I'm trying to get something in the same font as Amare Stoudemire's "Prophecy" tat

thanks

Last edited:
My only gripe about this is that the clouds are almost the same tone of darkness as the St. Michael. It would be a bit more "readable" if the clouds were a bit lighter.

Other than that, not a bad looking tattoo at all. The RIO is done really nice, and the hands are done well.

Just posting a few things I've found that I think are dope..

Does anyone have any more tats that use good use of negative space? Specifically in the calf area? Looking to get one done on my calf. Toronto artist suggestions would help too.

^

Depends entirely on who you go to. Id say $3-$500. $500 would be pushing it unless he was a real big name artist.

I still can't get myself to do any lettering on my body. As cool as it looks sometimes, I think I'd just look dumb with something like that.

Have to put my cousin on blast for a bit as he's getting better each time I see him do more work. If anyone is down in the LA area, please check him out and see if he's an artist you'd want to get some work by. Rates aren't that crazy and he's a really good dude.

http://skanvastattoo.com (Dustin Yip)

This is all of his better work. He is a hit and miss sometimes but for someone that has been doing it for only 4 years or so, he's come a long way:

16b2398a360411e28d6622000a1fbc43_7.jpg
9b268882314111e2837022000a1fa4bb_7.jpg
1f56716c231911e2a3461231381403d8_7.jpg
9a96930614d311e2986c123138140556_7.jpg
25c26014141511e28b9422000a1c9e12_7.jpg
a2345372c60f11e1af7612313813f8e8_7.jpg

^

Bruh, he does some nice stuff. If he's only been doing it for 4 years, I could only imagine how good he'll be in say another 4 years.

Thats already good work. The samurai and Hollywood tats are real good. The tiger looks a little funny but overall his black and white is nice.

Fong your cuz does some nice work :pimp:

Sorta regret getting a single tatt on one of my arms, I have a couple of sailor Jerry pieces on one arm and a single piece on another :smh:

i wanna post pics of my sleeve but its not finished yet. probly 2 more sessions left. 

Back
Top Bottom