***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Actually the one that is coming up is crap. It's like for all the up and comers or TV tattoo artists. The one that is in October/November is the legit one done by State Of Grace guys in San Jose. I guess they just know everyone and just do their own convention every year. It's smaller than some conventions (only like one giant room) but everyone is the best of the best. I've gone twice in a row and it's just cool to see things for like hours on end, even though I am not to even get tattooed. Its like you are part of the specific community and sort of makes you feel happy you got tattoos.....if that make sense. It's good times and you come out with just tons of business cards for other shops around the world.

And Stockton is about a little over an hour drive from SF but it's sort of a crappy city. Like I think they almost filed for bankruptcy last year. It's no real concern if you are just going to school out there but I am sure you'll find yourself driving out of there all the time. You going out there for pharmarcy school? That is the only thing I think is out there that I know of.

I would like to go to the NYC convention... Wanna get another tattoo but I'm just not sure what...

I would like to get some for my 3 brothers and myself but I don't know what... For example, my brother has the 4 Jacks(deck of cards) since our names all start with J and he plays poker... So it means something in both ways

Any ideas? I also wanna get a portrait done of Carnage next to my Flash but its hard to find a good picture

That is so funny. I was just looking at Marvel tattoos on google. Apparently it is a big thing. If you get Carnage, you won't be the only one.

Last edited:
I'm def down to link at the NY convention, don't know how many of us would actually be in attendance though, I suppose at least a handful.

I've been trying to decide on an artist for my half sleeve for a couple weeks now. Would really like to get it started by the end of month. I know I'm going to want a lot of color (or at least blue, orange and green), and I'm trying to factor that in to the decision.

I've looked at a lot of portfolios of different artist's work and I don't know if I'm just being too picky or what but not a lot has jumped out at me.

I'm trying to choose between Melo at North Star, Brad Fink at Dare Devil, or Adal at Majestic who I just came across but really caught my attention.

I know 10 piece had work done by Melo, anyone else have experience with the othe guys? Or other input?

I dont want something so "traditional" in terms of old school style art but Im looking for a wind bar type design, in blue, incorporating orange and green around the piece, with a dove and a short quote.

I'd really like to get a sleeve done by Marcinizyn, the guy's work is amazing, but I really want something in color.

Last edited:
Marcinizyn is amazing with the black and white. You want traditional Japanese? Melo is a good way to go, $250 an hour is steep though, and he works in 2 hour sessions only but he does A LOT in those 2 hours. My sleeve, chest panel, and all the background work only took 10 hours.

When it comes closer, ill make a big post on this topic for anyone who wants to link up to hit the show together. Should be a good time.

And Fong yeah, a nursing type program. I'll probably be in SF every weekend.
laugh.gif
I'll give you a holler if those plans ever fall through.

Top notch artists in Washington DC/Maryland area?

I need some new ink and I really like Eric Marcinizyn's work, anyone like him in this area?

That is so funny. I was just looking at Marvel tattoos on google. Apparently it is a big thing. If you get Carnage, you won't be the only one.

Haha yea Carnage is dope... I'm not really a fan of those Carnage tattoos... I like more of a full body portrait... Here is my flash after 1.5 month

Son dont put it on your inner thigh. Rock it proud,haha.

Was thinking bout getting a UV Triforce on the left hand.
My sister wants that. Except the outines of the triforce of wisdom and power. Only the triforce of courage will be shaded in like Link in OoT

No words. Simply amazing.
Kobe looks like Mike Epps in that pic. Maybe it is just me tho

So they would look at me stupid if i came in with $500 for a 3 hour session when I've already given $100? Lol well that sucks. Anyway assuming this is true, 15%?

Yah I go with 20% and I am told I am a generous tipper. But know the deposit comes out of the final price. Technically that wouldnt be a tip

Wow, dudes popping Vics to get tats now? Where they do that at? :rofl: Take it like a man, bro.

Also, please stop reading whatever medical journal or talking to your imaginary med student friends. There is no new Vicodin that is harder to OD from. People OD from Vicodin because their liver shuts down from the Tylenol, it has nothing to do with the hydrocodone. Do yourself a favor and stop popping Vics or one day your liver will tap out.

Anyways, this is Tim Hendricks, and this is one of the illest back pieces I have ever seen:

It's my damn prescription, I will do with it what I want. If I want to pop it for no reason I'll do that, if I want to take it before a tat, I'll do that.

No YOU stop pretending you know what you are talking about. I have had an endless supply of Vicodin for years. You dont think I know this from my ******g doctor? :smh: There is a NEW formula for vicodin where all versions of vicodin will only have 300 mg of Tylenol. Considering Vicodin ES (which I get prescribed) has 750mgs, the new formula will have less than half the tylenol. Vicodin HP now gone from a 1250 mgs of tylenol to 300. With the new formula the amount of tylenol you take in will not increase by prescription strength, only the amount of hydrocodone (an opiate similar to codeine). This is to address concerns of tylenol intake on people who are prescribed vicodin. It also renews the patent on the drug company. Once the old formula is phased out, no more generic vicodin. My doctor even gave me the option of getting the new formula but I told him I would rather save money since the generic version cost 9 cents each as opposed to $2.50. But soon I won't have a choice.

Google is your friend homie. How bout next time you spend 60 seconds to learn about the **** you are going to spread.

All Vicodin is the same? How would you feel if your misinformation ended up killing someone? :smh: Miss me with that ****.

Last edited:
Son dont put it on your inner thigh. Rock it proud,haha.

Was thinking bout getting a UV Triforce on the left hand.
It's nothing I am ashamed of. Out of all my tats I like my thigh tats, as well as the one on my shoulder the most. I am getting the other 3 lasered off. 1 because it was so poorly done :smh: The artist was decent. She did my first tat so I went to her for a second one and she ****** it up. So I am removing the first tat as well even though I really like it and most people who see it like it as well. The third tat I am doing. Great artist but I dont think he had the experience with Dark Skin he said he had. But then again it might have. It looked great until it healed. My calf swelled up ridiculously when he did the tat. After the swelling settled the tat became too dark to make it out except from up close. But I am not in a rush to remove the third one. People tell me they like it. Even though I tell them just to say the truth because I dont like it. I am getting it removed whether you like it or not. So far most people say I am trippin.

I have been hitting the gym to give an artist a large canvas for my arms. In two or three years I will start my sleeves.

As for my back, when I laser of the tat, I will do something like this for the new tat.

I don't know if I should add more to it or if that would be too tacky

Last edited:
^

Relax man. Taking things a bit too personal.

No offense but I would just take the pain as well, not cause its **** or whatever but I think thats the whole experience of getting a tattoo. IMO its very rewarding.

Tattoos like that are honestly a hit or miss, go to a GREAT artist or its not going to look amazing. Its harder too if you are dark skinned, artists cant use the tricks they normally use to give tattoos like that depth to make it really stand out.

laugh.gif
OK, you might be right about the Vics, but my point still stands: earn your stripes.

I'm not gonna go back and forth with you because this is a good thread, but damn, you seriously need to breathe, dude. I'm sorry people clowned you for saying that condoms are not effective against HIV
grin.gif

Here's some more from Tim Hendricks:

clearer pic of the first one

Any tips on taking care of my tattoo? I've been avoiding touching it and stuff like that. I bought the antibiotic soap and ointment. They told me wash it 6-10x a day and apply ointment 1-2 times a day. Does that mean that I shouldn't put on ointment after every time I wash it? Also, how many days should I wash it 6-10x a day for? Any tips or advice?

Any tips on taking care of my tattoo? I've been avoiding touching it and stuff like that. I bought the antibiotic soap and ointment. They told me wash it 6-10x a day and apply ointment 1-2 times a day. Does that mean that I shouldn't put on ointment after every time I wash it? Also, how many days should I wash it 6-10x a day for? Any tips or advice?
Antibiotic soap?

What?

Regular Dove, non-scented would suffice. 6-10x a day is excessive, wash it 2-3 times day for the first 2 days, also Aquaphor for the first 3 days. After that you dont really need to wash it anymore, just apply Lubriderm or Aveeno a few times a day.

6 to 10x a day? I have never heard of that. Wash it as soon as you get back (duh) and shower twice a day. Avoid baths or pools, that could infect the wound. Get fragrance free lotion. Apply it when your **** feels really dry. I recommend Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion for Normal to Dry Skin. Also when you take showers, use a light soap like Dove.

^

Relax man. Taking things a bit too personal.

No offense but I would just take the pain as well, not cause its **** or whatever but I think thats the whole experience of getting a tattoo. IMO its very rewarding.

Tattoos like that are honestly a hit or miss, go to a GREAT artist or its not going to look amazing. Its harder too if you are dark skinned, artists cant use the tricks they normally use to give tattoos like that depth to make it really stand out.
Its not funny. I know several dealers who got people really sick by selling ecstasy and claiming it was molly(mdma) and other lies and misinformation. A whole block in my campus got sick off that **** (my college town is in the sticks not that many people live in a block). He claimed he didnt know the difference. Like I said what if that misinformation killed somebody

My dark skin has been a problem even to otherwise talented artist. I am trying to get Hannah Aitchison tho. I had an appointment with a really talented artist in spain. When she found out I was dark-skinned she said she couldnt do it because her art style doesnt work on dark skin. At least she was honest

Last edited:
So ill be replacing the aquaphor with lubriderm? Today's my first full day of having it cause I got it late last night so how much longer should I use aquaphor for?

^

By Monday switch to the Lubriderm.
So just to clarify, using lubriderm/unscented moisturizer is preferred because it has less chemicals??

And if I were to use a scented moisturizer, would it hurt the healing process?

aquaphor will clog your pores if you use it too long. just use it to get through the worst stage. the first couple days. i just use a+d to give you some vitamins. then i just got to a non scented lotion. the key is don't **** with your tattoo.

and did this dude really just snizz and write a book on vics? :lol: it's a tattoo thread, of course we'll clown you if you need pills to get through it.

So ill be replacing the aquaphor with lubriderm? Today's my first full day of having it cause I got it late last night so how much longer should I use aquaphor for?
Make sure you read the bottle. Not all of them are fragrance free. The first few days I would use ointment (i think it is called A&D instead of aquaphor

Last edited:
Out of curiosity. When you guys have multiple tattoo ideas in mind, how do you decide which one to get first?

Last edited:
Make sure you read the bottle. Not all of them are fragrance free. The first few days I would use ointment (i think it is called A&D instead of aquaphor
Aquaphor > A&D from personal experience. A lot of my artists much prefer Aquaphor as well.

And yeah, unscented is better cause of less chemicals. Some chemicals from scented lotions may suck the color out and/or lengthen the healing process.

I use dial soap when I wake up and before I sleep. I dont use A&D like people say because theres an ingredient that pulls out ink. My artisy says the best way to heal is naturally. Even lotions can have too much water and make the tatt look bad and faded

Back
Top Bottom