***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

First tattoo, absolutely love it... Pain was more than I expected... The shin and lower knee were bad!!

^ FIRE! love comics/gaming tats. can't wait to get my Deadpool 1. as an owner of a leg tat, yeah it ain't fun lol. shin had me squeezing the hell out of my chair

dope 10piece, looks good.

agree, inside your bicep freaking sucks. the actual elbow isn't terrible. it's a pain to get to heal right though, i gotta get mine touched up.

dope 10piece, looks good.

agree, inside your bicep freaking sucks. the actual elbow isn't terrible. it's a pain to get to heal right though, i gotta get mine touched up.
Tell me about it, my other elbow already needs to be touched up and I had it done only a few months ago.

Bicep for me actually wasnt bad. He did the shading from the shoulder to the elbow last session and that session wasnt as bad as this session which surprised me. Didnt think this session would hurt as much as it did.

That Flash tattoo looks good! Color is nice, looks like it came right out of a comic book.

What tattoo shops do you guys go to in Chicago?
Any great artist who is good with dark skin?
I go to Tattoo Factory on North Broadway. Linnea is my choice since she knows my skin best from working with me on a couple tats but I need a new artist just for a change.

Anyone who can draw a detailed face the size of a quarter?

Last edited:
Also has anyone in the Chi been able to get through to Hannah Aitchison over at Deluxe Tattoo? She works their when she isnt over at LA ink.

I have tried so hard to get through to her. They always say to email her but she gets 500 emails a day. I tried forwarding the same email to her 10x a day for a chance and couldnt get it. If anyone knows how to get a hold of her I would appreciate the help.

Thanks fellas... My leg is super sore, its a pain to walk, anything you guys would recommend?

And yes it came from a comic :lol: it was about 6 inches and he blew it up to be this big... Pretty sick

Thanks fellas... My leg is super sore, its a pain to walk, anything you guys would recommend?

And yes it came from a comic :lol: it was about 6 inches and he blew it up to be this big... Pretty sick
Scheduled ibuprofen. Take 2-3 200mg tabs every four hours while you're awake.

Good stuff on this page.

So I have been thinking of a portrait of O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu in Kill Bill for years). I have really dark skin. The contrast is not much. Is this advisable? going to a really talented artists in spain for this one.

I have a couple tattoos. They arent as great looking as they could be on light skin. I was just wondering if a low contrast image like lucy lius face would show up nicely

I have a couple tattoos. They arent as great looking as they could be on light skin. I was just wondering if a low contrast image like lucy lius face would show up nicely
How dark are you?

Heres a portrait on Jermaine Dupri by Jun Cha (who isnt the best portrait artist but...)

A lot of negative space. You arent going to get the detail you want especially if you are darker than JD, but..then theres Nikko Hurtado who IMO is one of the, if not most talented artist in the world.

Wale is a really dark dude, and he managed to get some pretty nice detail in there.

It CAN be possible, depending how dark you are, but it really depends on the artist. Nikko is a GENIUS when it comes to tattoos. Honestly though, these pictures might be fresh, they might not be as readable or have the same detail after they have healed.

So I have been thinking of a portrait of O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu in Kill Bill for years). I have really dark skin. The contrast is not much. Is this advisable? going to a really talented artists in spain for this one.

I got fairly dark skin. (Dark Filipino). My artist won't put certain colors on my skin (no blue or purple colors, he says it'll start to look like mud). On the lighter areas on my body he did color (I have red, gold, blue, yellow, green, orange). I've always begged him to just give it a try. But someone I knew with the same complexion as me did purple and it didn't come out right. (And its not the artist, the artist is very reputable).

I am too dark for color. Like I said I am as dark as Wale. I am more concerned about if the contrast is enough for a good looking tattoo.

Would that image look good on dark skin? I cant tell

What I expected. The complications of having dark skin and tattoos is causing me to get laser procedures on two tattoos. And a third one because it was done by an artist who ****** up on one of the two that I am lasering off, even though this one was done good.

:/

What I expected. The complications of having dark skin and tattoos is causing me to get laser procedures on two tattoos. And a third one because it was done by an artist who ****** up on one of the two that I am lasering off, even though this one was done good.

:/

Damn how much does all that cost?

^somewhere between 3,600 and 6,000.

Two on my back will be done for a total of 400 a session, from 6 to 10 sessions
One on my right calf is will be done for 150-200 a session. 6-8 sessions on that one.

Haven't started yet. Will start when I start my big boy job.

Last edited:
And whats worse these tats were done by some of the best in illinois. Tattooing on dark skin is a whole different ball game.
This is why I only pay the best of the best these days (dont care how far I have to travel). Except one artist who has done 3/3 good tattoos on my skin.

I am trying to get a hold of Hannah Aitchison but it is IMPOSSIBLE. Laura Juan who is supposed to do my Oren Ishii tat but I might have to ask her to do something else.
I'll see if I can get trough to this Nikko Hurtado guy. Moni Marino and Silvano Fiato are others I have a lot of interest in.

^

Good luck with Nikko, you're gonna be on a LONG list unless youre a celeb.

Honestly, it may not be worth it to wait for a guy like Nikko, after it heals it wont look as good. If youre skin is that dark then the contrast wont show at all.

I am too dark for color. Like I said I am as dark as Wale. I am more concerned about if the contrast is enough for a good looking tattoo.

Would that image look good on dark skin? I cant tell

i'd imagine that would be a nightmare to ink.

As pretty as she is, her face lacks details and that picture is really flat.

That X tat on Wale works cause there's a lot of strong features to work with. And the artist is nice of course...

Back
Top Bottom