***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

pretty sure Oozy is the biggest tattoo artist right now.

I dont think theres any other tattoo artist with more followers than him.

he deadass gave jobs to a bunch of new tattoo artists by inspiring them to specialize in anime tattoos.

one of the reason why hes so ****ing good is that he was previously working as an animator for an animation studio in Korea so he already had talent + actual training in art before he picked up the needle.

His tattoos still look like tattoos too which is appealing to me personally.

The 4k super realistic type **** is impressive but often soulless imo.

Yea that was always part of my hesitancy as well... I'm not looking to be a shop bish for X-years, before I'm even allowed to tattoo someone.

In college I almost bought a tattoo gun on ebay, and was just gonna F around and see how difficult it was. Never did, but still wonder every so often

Yeah I know a kid who just went for it. Like me he wasn't feeling the apprentice **** but he went the other way.

Practiced on fake skin and himself for a short while and then just got a little stall space. Early on his work was ROUGH but he had a bullish personality and just got better over time.

Personally I couldn't tattoo myself or someone else knowing i'm brand new and my **** was trash. I guess that mindset in itself meant I wasn't cut out for it.

Personally I couldn't tattoo myself or someone else knowing i'm brand new and my **** was trash. I guess that mindset in itself meant I wasn't cut out for it.
na, thats a great mindset
means you care and have standards (but it just takes time and practice to get confident)
there is such a lack of empathy in the tattoo artist world
its wild

My cousins tattoos. He went through years and years of practice before he even got an apprenticeship. I would say it helps you have clients or in his case, family members being test dummies for him to practice on. Times have changed so much now and these professions all can be done way differently now. Like even with photography, no one needs to shadow a professional nowadays with things like Youtube teaching you for free. But this has also oversaturated the market which is why photography as a professions is so terrible. I wonder if that is how it is with tattooing.

Another random question but... do ya'll wait for certain times of the year to get new ink? I want to get some new stuff, but I also plan on being out in the sun, swimming, etc. while its still summer... 2-4 weeks to heal would cramp that, so wondering if I should wait until its later in the season (like fall / winter).

Another random question but... do ya'll wait for certain times of the year to get new ink? I want to get some new stuff, but I also plan on being out in the sun, swimming, etc. while its still summer... 2-4 weeks to heal would cramp that, so wondering if I should wait until its later in the season (like fall / winter).
If those are your plans I wouldn’t swim with new tattoos personally

If those are your plans I wouldn’t swim with new tattoos personally

Yea my complex has a year-round pool, so no great time to start. I was thinking of getting it before I go on a long road trip, but I'll be swimming in lakes and **** when I get there so prob just gonna hold off for now.

i generally wait until it's rainy season when i know i'm gonna stay tucked indoors. im probably way too cautious with the healing process, but I try to minimize exposure to infections as much as possible

depending on the location of your tattoo, if you really want to swim, you can use the sandiderm sheets to cover the whole tattoo and you can swim/gym etc.

IMG_4534.jpeg

Hit the left cheek yesterday.

Appreciate the recos! The level of detail and the pop of the color is unreal, granted most are still fresh and probably filtered.

The details on this one :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom