***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

If you have tats on only one arm/leg, do u shave both arm/leg or just the tatted one and keep the other hairy?

I've been thinking about that for when I get my chest done eventually. I think I'll probably get lazer before I get inked.

If you have tats on only one arm/leg, do u shave both arm/leg or just the tatted one and keep the other hairy?

i guess it really depends on how hairy you are and a matter of personal preference. one of my homies is built like the geico caveman and has a sleeve on one arm. shaves the tattoo'd one but lets the other one just grow out.

I have tats on my left thigh only and my legs/thighs are hairy. Think I’m going to trim the hair on my tatted thigh next summer

You guys go into y'all appointments with numbing cream on? If so what do ya use?

And what products y'all use for after care.
Ointment
Soap

Na man just tough it out,

afterwards I shower and wash it with cetaphil liquid unscented cleanser it’s like a really light soap and after a thin layer of aquafor and lightly dab off excess aquafor in the morning and night for like 3-5 days depending on how it’s healing....

then just regular unscented Curel lotion twice a day for a few weeks

You guys go into y'all appointments with numbing cream on? If so what do ya use?

And what products y'all use for after care.
Ointment
Soap
Never done it before but I heard it’s a hit and miss. More miss if any. That pain is hard to mask.

I use Aquaphor for my tattoos. The key really is to not have it in the sun and not pick at the tattoo. I picked on my dark shaded areas on my arm and actually picked the ink off when It scabbed. Nothing touch ups can’t fix but still. Also keep it clean which is really just soap and a shower so it doesn’t get infected.

Never done it before but I heard it’s a hit and miss. More miss if any. That pain is hard to mask.

I use Aquaphor for my tattoos. The key really is to not have it in the sun and not pick at the tattoo. I picked on my dark shaded areas on my arm and actually picked the ink off when It scabbed. Nothing touch ups can’t fix but still. Also keep it clean which is really just soap and a shower so it doesn’t get infected.
I use cetaphil to lightly clean it for the first couple weeks. Also look into hustle butter, I think it’s pretty amazing. It healed my last tattoo really well and fast. Smells amazing too.

Thanks for the info. I have something lined up for December and then again hopefully January or March for something else.

Main thing is pain and after care considering I've never had one

Seems like it's pretty dummy proof tho.
Guessing two weeks or so for recovery?

Thanks for the info. I have something lined up for December and then again hopefully January or March for something else.

Main thing is pain and after care considering I've never had one

Seems like it's pretty dummy proof tho.
Guessing two weeks or so for recovery?
For me, the pain is only there when the needle is on the skin. Once lifted, the pain is gone but might feel like just having a sun burn after. But you can always ask your tattoo artist to take breaks and even break it out in multiple sessions. Tattoos are weird especially the first one. You anticipate it to hurt and when it happens, it does but then you just tolerate it. I don't think I have ever said any of my tattoos were easy. All sucked to a degree.

The recovery just depends on the tattoo and your skin. Some tattoos can heal fast and some can take longer. I would say 2 weeks the longest but I've had tattoos heal in a week. But a tattoo does go through phases. When fresh, they are super dark and seem like they are on the top of your skin. Once healed, they look more faded and will look less detailed as the months/years progress.

For me, the pain is only there when the needle is on the skin. Once lifted, the pain is gone but might feel like just having a sun burn after. But you can always ask your tattoo artist to take breaks and even break it out in multiple sessions. Tattoos are weird especially the first one. You anticipate it to hurt and when it happens, it does but then you just tolerate it. I don't think I have ever said any of my tattoos were easy. All sucked to a degree.

The recovery just depends on the tattoo and your skin. Some tattoos can heal fast and some can take longer. I would say 2 weeks the longest but I've had tattoos heal in a week. But a tattoo does go through phases. When fresh, they are super dark and seem like they are on the top of your skin. Once healed, they look more faded and will look less detailed as the months/years progress.
Thanks man. Yeah I'm a lil nervous. For my first two tats I'm going kind of big. One is the upper arm and later next year the lower.

Other than that it's business as usual after a tat? Like should I avoid certain activities?

Thanks man. Yeah I'm a lil nervous. For my first two tats I'm going kind of big. One is the upper arm and later next year the lower.

Other than that it's business as usual after a tat? Like should I avoid certain activities?
I would say don’t lift weights or like skateboard after. Just anything that sort of affects the skin whether causing it to stretch or get damaged. Other than that, keep it clean, use non scented lotion and just live life as normal. As you heal and shower, you’ll be wiping off the scabs and excess skin. Once that is done, you can go back to doing normal things. If you want to keep your tattoo as fresh and clean as long as you can, keep it out of the sun cause the sun can fade it easily depending on the heat of it.

Man, **** hurts he wipes down whatever he was tattooing also since the spot is so tender. Not looking forward to my neck being done at all.

Man, **** hurts he wipes down whatever he was tattooing also since the spot is so tender. Not looking forward to my neck being done at all.
What are you getting done?

San Francisco is about to open tattoo shops next Monday. So want a tattoo but most artist are working on March appointments so looks like new customers have a long wait depending on their list. I am trying to get a concept first before I even pick an artist. Kind of want even a quick American style tattoo cause that’s the o e thing I don’t have yet.

Lol hoping I can hang.

Reading up on that butter and so far great reviews. Where did you cop from?

man, I got my left arm/sleeve done 2 years ago. The tat flows into my shoulder blade. Once he started going over near the collar bone, I was in pain. Your body eventually gets numb to it though

Yeah I think so. I always put spf 50 on my tattoos if I’m out in the sun for extended periods of time.

also, regarding the aftercare balms. There are tons of brands out there, and most shops probably have something for sale there.

If your just doing your arm you are gonna fine, if you were doing ribs or something like that then you should be more worried, like others said it hurts it’s not exactly fun but it’s bearable.. also your artist will give you after care instructions they are vary slightly

Back
Top Bottom