• Bright Blue

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • Don’t worry about me

Votes: 41 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
visvim is that thing I can totally admire but wouldn't own since it doesn't fit the things I like to wear

not the hugest fan of americana style

Yeah Visvim is so dope and the quality and craftsmanship is top-notch. I love the style, but I just can't really pull off that look at all.

I'm down with Suicoke sandals though my gucci slides are fine most of the time in LA no need for any other pair

Finally getting the CDG AF1 today

Will see how they fit

Suicokes are heat .. i just dont like how big the soles are

then yzy does this and people are like I NEED SLIDES

kanye-west-louis-vuitton-sandals.jpg

Watched....ehhhh....he took the whole thing way too seriously...its just a brand my guy
He is not funny to me at all comes across as super fake and corny
He gives too much influence to the "drop" yet no acknowledgement of why supreme is actually popular or how it actually became popular. It is very simple....anti culture. Lifting other peoples designs was never cool, it was whack back in the day...and still is. What supreme did was anti...done to mock the mainstream more or less. Thats why people got up in arms about Supreme actually collaborating with LV and expensive brands. But when you get to the size of supreme....you do it.

He did make good points about the possible collapse due to investment banking. But supreme has some loyal fans. So even if they flood the market people will still buy.
Agreed on the detachment from the culture perspective, the writing is so far removed from being in
the actual vibe that it discounts nostalgia and salivating for hard to get items.

I'm more interested with the Carlyle angle and it's ties to the bombings and frankly, no one in this thread seems to be
bothered by this. Supreme has good views on politics and generally caters to what's good, but being in business with
Evil Corp is very very off brand.

So I just get this text...

Please show up to Supreme, 152 Grand St. in Brooklyn on Friday, November 23rd at 12:15PM with a valid ID and the credit card you used to register. Failure to show up will result in removal from future sign-up lists.

Don’t people work?

So I just get this text...

Please show up to Supreme, 152 Grand St. in Brooklyn on Friday, November 23rd at 12:15PM with a valid ID and the credit card you used to register. Failure to show up will result in removal from future sign-up lists.

Don’t people work?

lol of course

thats why they give you the option to sign up or not and even after to to confirm you will go that day or not

Ok. Explain the ties to the bombings.
I’m not watching that thing.
links:
The Carlyle Group, which snagged a 50% share in Supreme for $500 million in 2017, has invested in over 200 companies, from McDonald’s to AMC to Dunkin Donuts, as well as oil drilling and coal mining companies. But it’s the corporation’s stake in the international military-industrial complex that Minhaj focused on.

In his intentionally nerdy, outrage-humor style, Minhaj—a former correspondent on The Daily Show—carefully charts one of these relationships: The group’s 23% stake in the US-based electronics firm Wesco, which has a contract with the British defense company BAE systems: “Together, Wesco and BAE support a fighter jet called the Typhoon,” Minhaj explains to the audience, “which is used by the Saudis to bomb Yemen.”
https://qz.com/quartzy/1468481/hasan-minhaj-buying-supreme-is-immoral-and-lame/

2001 article:
The Carlyle Group is known for its politically connected executives such as former President George H. W. Bush, former Secretary of State James Baker, and former British Prime Minister John Major. In the nineteen-nineties, both Bush and Baker visited the bin Laden family when they were prospecting for business in Saudi Arabia.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2001/11/12/the-house-of-bin-laden

Agreed on the detachment from the culture perspective, the writing is so far removed from being in
the actual vibe that it discounts nostalgia and salivating for hard to get items.

I'm more interested with the Carlyle angle and it's ties to the bombings and frankly, no one in this thread seems to be
bothered by this. Supreme has good views on politics and generally caters to what's good, but being in business with
Evil Corp is very very off brand.
Carlyle manages a huge amount of money and has deep government and defense ties. None of this is news.

I think Supreme sold out by taking their investment, but I came of age in the 1990s when selling out was the worst thing you could do. Now selling out is the goal. :frown:

Carlyle manages a huge amount of money and has deep government and defense ties. None of this is news.

I think Supreme sold out by taking their investment, but I came of age in the 1990s when selling out was the worst thing you could do. Now selling out is the goal. :frown:
They should never have sold out even tho we don't actually know what the terms are.
Bottomline is, supporting something that is connected/tied to horrific acts is not
a good look. We can justify it all we want, this is where Supreme is at. Also, take a
look at my pretty Gonz Hoodie: :rofl:

They should never have sold out even tho we don't actually know what the terms are.
Bottomline is, supporting something that is connected/tied to horrific acts is not
a good look. We can justify it all we want, this is where Supreme is at. Also, take a
look at my pretty Gonz Hoodie: :rofl:

I thought we knew it was $500M for 50%.

Blessed bus stop ad in the LES. How much is this poster going to go for at Round Two ?

Attachments

• 03C07EE8-7D8E-458E-9EAD-A4D634F0D131.jpeg
    03C07EE8-7D8E-458E-9EAD-A4D634F0D131.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom