Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive done a couple meetups with dudes on facebook groups, but i always make sure i check them out first, see if they post, have a bunch of friends etc

on ebay, a couple people have offered cash pick up, i usually tell them to paypal me a dollar so i can have their info

but at the end, i still prefer to ship than meet up

Doing a meetup ain't really risking your life. And :lol: at dude down the block, you would really ship a shoe across the street? :rofl:

:lol: maybe not literally across the street but im in brooklyn and if the dude is in queens or something, i prefer to ship

doing meetup is easy...you just cant set yourself up for failure

public places scare off most looking to do dirt

ive done meetups inside walmart at the money center before

inside panera bread while ordering

inside the gas station while grabbing L's etc

Last edited:
ive done a couple meetups with dudes on facebook groups, but i always make sure i check them out first, see if they post, have a bunch of friends etc

on ebay, a couple people have offered cash pick up, i usually tell them to paypal me a dollar so i can have their info

I prefer the meetup over PayPal because straight cash > PayPal eBay fees and scams.

I prefer the meetup over PayPal because straight cash > PayPal eBay fees and scams.

ive done meetups with paypal gift payments too
sounds wierd but its seamless & theres no money changing hands(some people are scary with $20 in thier pockets, let not talk about a couple hundred)

Last edited:
meeting up is too stressful sometimes
ive lost count how many times people were like "im on train to the meet up spot now" and i never hear from them again while im sitting inside starbucks like a fool :smh:

:lol: maybe not literally across the street but im in brooklyn and if the dude is in queens or something, i prefer to ship
That's different :lol: Bk and queens are kind of far from each other. All I do with meetups is either meet in the bank or bring the money checking pen. If the guy "flakes" I'd probably get an instinct something was up and stop it way before the issue escalated.

doing meetup is easy...you just cant set yourself up for failure

public places scare off most looking to do dirt

ive done meetups inside walmart at the money center before

inside panera bread while ordering

inside the gas station while grabbing L's etc

most bad meetups ive seen on FB groups, happen cuz kids are meeting in parking lots, or in the street near, i always gotta do it in a public place

i just jack up the price to cover the costs or do invoices, either way its all preference

sounds wierd but its seamless & theres no money changing hands(some people are scary with $20 in thier pockets, let not talk about a couple hundred)
They can get you like that because they could do a chargeback and then you don't have proof of shipping the item which causes you to automatically lose the case. If I were you I would never do that again.

most bad meetups ive seen on FB groups, happen cuz kids are meeting in parking lots, or in the street near, i always gotta do it in a public place
i just jack up the price to cover the costs or do invoices, either way its all preference
I sell either way but if someone wants to give me good money for a meetup and everything seems cool(nothing sketchy, no negative feelings by me) I'm more than happy to meet up. Also I would avoid PayPal because they report you to IRS if you sell more than $20k worth of goods.

They can get you like that because they could do a chargeback and then you don't have proof of shipping the item which causes you to automatically lose the case. If I were you I would never do that again.
I've done that one time. Met up with a seller for DS yeezy 2 solars for $1k, I didn't bring cash in hand and told him I won't have cash in hand. If the shoe checks out, I will paypal gift you after and we both got in our cars and drove off. I detailed the gifted payment though. Didn't think paypal would help you try to get your money back if you gifted it though right?

I was working at an office in the NYC diamond district over the summer and we had a lady buy something from our eBay store to have it shipped to the next building overnight.. She paid for shipping too which came out to like $40.

We looked up her office and her name and she was married to some billionaire CEO investment banker.

I sell either way but if someone wants to give me good money for a meetup and everything seems cool(nothing sketchy, no negative feelings by me) I'm more than happy to meet up. Also I would avoid PayPal because they report you to IRS if you sell more than $20k worth of goods.

:lol: i know, 20K or 200+ transactions

if i hit that, im gonna switch over to wifeys paypal

I've done that one time. Met up with a seller for DS yeezy 2 solars for $1k, I didn't bring cash in hand and told him I won't have cash in hand. If the shoe checks out, I will paypal gift you after and we both got in our cars and drove off. I detailed the gifted payment though. Didn't think paypal would help you try to get your money back if you gifted it though right?
Not PayPal, override it with your credit card. You'd probably automatically win

nah i was the buyer in that situation
dude actually preferred it because he was able to instantly order something else he actually wanted

:lol: i know, 20K or 200+ transactions

if i hit that, im gonna switch over to wifeys paypal
It's easy to reach since they're not acknowledging the fact that you paid for each shoe so $200 plus whatever you made looks like a lot more to PayPal

I've never done a meet up and I probably never will unless they'd like to meet at a police station or bank lobby. It's just a matter of safety for me. I'd like to think that some "buyers" who do meetups have less to lose than me and are willing to possibly try to rip me off. It's not that I'm scared more or less so that I value my life over a $200 piece of rubber and leather. Far too many of my friends have been burned, and I prefer to keep all of my transactions both sneaker related and business related electronically for tax purposes. Plus, if you cover your a** with tracking and videos/photos of shipping (I always do this regardless of transaction), you should be good money.

Nowadays you have to videotape yourself packaging the item with the shipping label already on it to avoid being scammed.

that would be some d1ck $h1t though lol. to do a chargeback after a paypay meetup. but i don't doubt that people would try to do it too lol
Nowadays you have to videotape yourself packaging the item with the shipping label already on it to avoid being scammed.

Last edited:
I've never done a meet up and I probably never will unless they'd like to meet at a police station or bank lobby. It's just a matter of safety for me. I'd like to think that some "buyers" who do meetups have less to lose than me and are willing to possibly try to rip me off. It's not that I'm scared more or less so that I value my life over a $200 piece of rubber and leather. Far too many of my friends have been burned, and I prefer to keep all of my transactions both sneaker related and business related electronically for tax purposes. Plus, if you cover your a** with tracking and videos/photos of shipping (I always do this regardless of transaction), you should be good money.

there have been cases of people doing that and still losing the case, paypal refused to even look at the video. Some guy had a video about it on youtube

that would be some d1ck $h1t though lol. to do a chargeback after a paypay meetup. but i don't doubt that people would try to do it too lol

google it. one of the first results that pop up is about some guy selling $1100 worth of video game consoles etc., accepting paypal and then getting it reversed a few days later. He even got the cops involved and they told him it wasn't their problem and ****. Id be very careful doing that with a random.
is that 20k, 200+ transactions per year or the entire history of the paypal account? :nerd:
its per year, but I don't know what they consider a year, jan 1- dec 31 or something else.

It's easy to reach since they're not acknowledging the fact that you paid for each shoe so $200 plus whatever you made looks like a lot more to PayPal

ya i agree, i just printed out my quarterly statement yesterday to make sure im on top of it

i sold my first item on twitter, since there really is no background checks

i videotaped the shoes and the packaging just in case

on a side note, someone tried to scam me for my bel airs that i sold em on ebay.

they claimed it was fake, even tho i have the receipt, and kept on saying ill just return it and refund my money

i always say, no returns and all sales final, cuz i knew she was gonna send me back a fake pair

as soon as i showed her tagged pics of the receipt, she closed the case, cuz in that matter she couldnt win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom