Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

SON OF A... I was hoping for TNF this week. 

I guess sooner than later. Hopefully it's a 2-cup set. Who wants to help me secure multiple espresso cups?!
If they sell one cup at a time, that will be the biggest re re move ever.

And $10 shipping on top of that. 

I can't find on eBay anywhere that it says you are protected (as a seller) by anything but PayPal seller protection. So if you can provide proof of what you're saying, I'll gladly believe you, but as I've been using eBay since 2004 and have never heard of anything like that, I am skeptical. eBay purchased PayPal, so they are the same company. Whatever "protection" eBay may offer is likely just PayPal anyways.

Anyways, the only incentive as a seller to accept a PayPal invoice offer is if you get more money for your product. IE You have a BIN of $500 and dude offers you $475 through PP invoice. Well, you just got $25 more than you would have going through eBay. Again, if the protection level is the same (I only sell to verified addresses regardless) then the incentive is more money with no deterrent (lack of protection, like you claim). Even if what you are saying is true, I don't really ship to unverified addresses, anyways. This is 2014. If you don't have a verified PayPal address, don't online shop with individual sellers. I don't want to sell to them, at the very least.

The scenario presented was: buyer calculates how much eBay would take in fees, buyer offers seller that amount for a paypal invoice transaction.

If I were an eBay seller, unless I'd been around for years already and had a perfect transaction record, there's no way I'd take the loss of feedback without getting any gain financially. Even though eBay eats the extra money in the normal scenario, at least there's a good chance I'll get feedback from the deal. If I do a PP Invoice under that scenario, eBay doesn't get the money, I don't get the feedback, and the only person making out like a bandit is the buyer.

@sharkin presents the same scenario you're describing, where in the buyer and seller basically split the fees eBay would take, making it mutually beneficial. Provided you only sell to someone within paypal guidelines.

The scenario presented was: buyer calculates how much eBay would take in fees, buyer offers seller that amount for a paypal invoice transaction.

If I were an eBay seller, unless I'd been around for years already and had a perfect transaction record, there's no way I'd take the loss of feedback without getting any gain financially. Even though eBay eats the extra money in the normal scenario, at least there's a good chance I'll get feedback from the deal. If I do a PP Invoice under that scenario, eBay doesn't get the money, I don't get the feedback, and the only person making out like a bandit is the buyer.

@sharkin presents the same scenario you're describing, where in the buyer and seller basically split the fees eBay would take, making it mutually beneficial. Provided you only sell to someone within paypal guidelines.
Yeah the important part of his comments were: "Why would someone take an offer outside of ebay for the same final price?"

I must have skipped over that but it's basically true. The ONLY time when it makes sense is if you cannot get rid of the product to save your life. If it's been sitting for 3 months and you just wanna see the thing gone, you'll trade feedback for a guaranteed sale. I do this fairly frequently. If I know it guarantees a sale on a product I know I CAN'T sell at the price i'm asking, then I'll take that offer every time. Other than that, there is no incentive for the seller, as @sharkin  mentioned and I rudely skipped over haha.

Im just going to leave this over here...

http://www.drjays.com/shop/G2-V69563-R340-P1846251/hoodies/stars-stripes-pullover-hoodie.html

15116874.jpg

I'm trying to find out some info on that Hudson pullover, anyone know where they source their stuff? I know at the price point they're asking for, you might as well just hold off and get the actual Supreme pullover.

It's really blame towards New Era more than anything, they're never consistent with their sizing on their fitteds for the past 5 or 6 years..

But I don't blame you - believe it or not - I've copped about 8 or 9 fitteds from Supreme in my lifetime, and I believe only 2 fit me properly - the rest I would give away or sell for retail just to get rid of them.

It's hit or miss when ordering New Era hats online..

I bought that gore tex hat and it fit good but the crown is straight up disgusting..... No hat should be that boxy and high, no way to fix either it seems.

Received my black goretex today. Went up a size since my hair is really long. The hat fits huge. Can't even pull the hat down because of that stupid crown. Feel like i'm wearing a top hat. I give up on buying Supreme goretexs. So now I have this year's hat which is too big and have last year's hat in my regular size which fits tight. Good waste of money.

Last edited:
editorial from girin mag. there are more pics floating around but I didnt want to clutter TOO much.

cord harrington looks like it fits just how I expected it to fit based on the sizing charts and past experiences with similar stuf..looks wider than it is long...

also the quilted flannel is a likely cop, just need to pick a color. leaning towards red/blue but all would look good

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom