Official Supreme Thread F/W Season Done. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ecb200ebff954f018f047aad1476ae7e.png
a85dd2656b99470198688c5374a0c5b1.png

Good to know. Does supreme hold value in their arguments in terms of intellectual property since technically they ripped it from Kruger?

Legally supreme is 100% in the right. They took her intellectual property tweaked it enough to call it their OWN, she failed to win because you can’t own an “improvement” of something. So the case was awarded in supreme’s favor.

Her rebuttal was a roast/etter. What else could she do?

Reactions: JPS
54CA4B0E-838A-4258-A267-0E72F74D65EA.png

:emoji_fax:? Or should you get a job fact checking CNN?

YOU should definitely get a job fact checking mainstream media; especially CNN Style? Jesus Christ.

Did you forget about non-disclosure agreements? Which can say don’t speak about this ever again for a $check$? Which can mean lying to keep the agreement valid?

If CNN is your trusted source I fear for what else you think are “fax”

In that same article they stated a previous case with MTTB was settled out of court, and you still banking on “i dont Own a font” as your argument?

There's a difference between a typeface and a font. Typefaces can't be copyrighted, but fonts can be as long as it qualifies as computer software or program.

Kruger probably meant typeface because her "font" wasn't designed by her.

There's a difference between a typeface and a font. Typefaces can't be copyrighted, but fonts can be as long as it qualifies as computer software or program.

Kruger probably meant typeface because her "font" wasn't designed by her.
My man!

Adobe Systems v. Southern Software breaks this down.

Kruger was suing on the display ( red box background, slightly tilted white letters)

To further prove this. The fake supreme is using a darker red box logo background so if the country they opened in didn’t have the “first come, first serve” type of law, they would win anyway because of the display of the logo. So fake supreme isn’t really fake supreme legally.

Last edited:
Nope first time, my brother is currently working over there so it works out cuz I can just crash at his place and cut down cost a bit while we tour the city and country. Super excited I dont even know if I'll get any sleep tonight lol.

I'm definitely interested I'm hitting up some of these crazy preme spots I've heard of people talking about. While I'm not expecting to find anything for the low, I'm curious as to what grail pieces I can find. Next time i post it'll be from halfway across the world!
NICE! hit me up if you have any questions at all.

on the topic of supreme lawsuits

who remembers when supreme cashed out former NT’r “shortypop” for 10k$ to c&d her parody brand lol.

they only sued Lea from MOB because she initially agreed to only a limited run of the supreme ***** tees to be sold strictly at union but quickly printed more once the first run sold out and began selling them on her own site

My project was on intellectual property and i had To site cases. Had to be related to design, branding or tech.

I’m your age
You can definitely own fonts. People get sued all the time for using fonts without the proper licenses.

However, I think the burden of proof is on you to show that Kruger did sur Supreme. Post a screenshot of the filing.

#651 in Brooklyn

Should I even go?

On my day off I get to go AFTER I would normally leave work.

Does DSM usually have other Supreme stuff or is it just the new drop? Was actually hoping to see if I could get some more potees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom