** Official Suns vs. Blazers Playoff Series Thread (2-2) Game 5 TNT

laugh.gif

someone please tell me what andre miller was saying to craig? after he said it andre gave a look like "i'm not sure what i just said on live tv"

Great game. I had a feeling Camby was gonna miss that! smh. As a Portland fan, I cant say I'm surprised with Andre Miller's performance. He has been playing like this the last 40 or so games. He has progressively gotten better. He has become a third reliable scoring option. When I heard Roy was out, I knew the only way we were going to survive this series would be because of Miller.

Camby had another WOW night. He is just the defensive kick in the a@@ we needed.

JayBay played good. Hes quick. We need to take advantage that and exploit his matchup.

LA did what he needed to do. Hes the glue to this whole mess. Another big key to the series.

Overall they got the win which is all that matters
pimp.gif
. And a road win no less. But they need to improve on a lot of things because the suns probably wont play like that again.
RIP CITY!!!!

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

lol @ J-rich trying to get the crowd involved, epic fail

But the crowd erupted and Bayless missed the 2nd free throw to give the Suns one last shot to win...did you even watch the game??

Do NOT sleep on Portland. For those of you who read/follow Bill Simmons, this is one of those classic "Ewing Theory" possibilities.

The Suns soft-@%$ defense cost them again last night. It absolutely kills me whenever the Blazers grab 3-4 offensive rebounds on a single trip down the floor. Those possessions are demoralizing.

Thanks to the Rose Garden, I am legitimately worried about this series now. The Suns can't just win tomorrow night, they need to send a message. I would like a 15+ point victory.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Wow man Suns had their chance to win this in the end. That Camby missed dunk was huge and Suns couldn't respond. Give credit to Camby man, he locked Amare up. Straight locked him up. Miller did his thing as well.

Suns win next 4.

Nash wasn't clutch
tired.gif
Your Suns are %*@%*$! Suns with the next 4?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck in the Garden!!!!
laugh.gif

Amare was off, Jrich was off, Hill didn't show up, Nash missed shots in end, and we only lost by 5.
Miller was unguardable, Aldrige did well, Camby played perfect D on Amare, and MILLER HIT A 3.

Suns didn't play well, at all. That won't happen again. Jrich needs to be postin Miller like he's doin to him! and Amare needs to play outside because he's not getting anything with Camby down in the paint.
That wasn't the Blazers defense at all was it? Come on man, you have to give more credit than that. The Blazers defense completely disrupted the Suns entire style of game. I believe the Suns only had 4 fast break points.

Originally Posted by JCH3

Do NOT sleep on Portland. For those of you who read/follow Bill Simmons, this is one of those classic "Ewing Theory" possibilities.

The Suns soft-@%$ defense cost them again last night. It absolutely kills me whenever the Blazers grab 3-4 offensive rebounds on a single trip down the floor. Those possessions are demoralizing.

Thanks to the Rose Garden, I am legitimately worried about this series now. The Suns can't just win tomorrow night, they need to send a message. I would like a 15+ point victory.
I think even with a loss tomorrow that game one gave the Blazers all the confidence they needed. Now all they have to do is take care of business at home where you know the home crowd will be waiting. Tomorrows game is going to be fun to watch!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

maybe i spoke to soon about grant hill finally getting out the first round this year.

Well, there's no better way speaking too soon than trying to imply that the series is over after one game.

But c'mon Suns, you have it served on a silver plate: No Roy, no Oden, what else do you want? Andre Miller getting injured? If you're playing against a team that is constantly holding you 10 points below your season average, then maybe you should play some damn D yourself and not let Andre Miller drop 30 as if he's some unstoppable offensive force.
smh.gif

note to gentry: take ###@!++ dudley out from crunchtime, as much as i hate barbosa he shoulda been in the game longer...he was the only one who can create for himself that game, cmon gentry.... n let jrich get involved more 'scust @ him getting the most boards on the team

e47362b10cdc0a7b0e2ce3d5421458fe-getty-98447929cp031_portland_trai.jpg

My man "Basic Game" got it in tonight. I can't believe Camby missed that dunk. Portland kept the doors open for Phoenix to come back & win tonight. Phoenix just couldn't capitalize.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Marcus Camby close to signing 2-year extension with Trail Blazers[/h1][h4]By Jason Quick, The Oregonian[/h4][h5]April 19, 2010, 12:56PM[/h5]
blazers-cambyjpg-f29cffb724bddbcc_medium.jpg
View full sizeBruce Ely/The OregonianThe Blazers' Marcus Camby.Trail Blazers center Marcus Camby and the Trail Blazers are close to signing a two-year extension, which could be signed as early as today.

"Since the day Marcus was traded, the Blazers and Marcus made it clear it was not for an interim engagement,'' said Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan. "It has been our goal to get something done, and hopefully he will stay in Portland long term.''

ESPN.com and 95.5 The Game in Portland were the first to report the deal, although Kaplan said nothing has been finalized. One person with knowledge of the talks said the two sides are "close to an agreement in principle" after nearly completing the deal on Saturday.

The deal is for two years and $21 million guaranteed. There is an additional $4 million of "unlikely bonuses" or incentives attached.

Camby, 36, has been instrumental in the Blazers' late-season run into the playoffs and played a huge role in Sunday's Game 1 victory at Phoenix, grabbing 17 rebounds and blocking three shots. In 23 games since being traded from the Clippers on Feb. 16, Camby averaged 7.0 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.04 blocks. The Blazers went 17-6 in those games.

Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard declined to comment

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Blazers hope to sign Camby[/h1]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

The Portland Trail Blazers are closing in on securing a contract extension for Marcus Camby, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources said Monday that the two sides had already been negotiating toward a new deal that would keep Camby off the free-agent market this summer.

One source said that the looming deal is likely span two years in excess of $20 million.

Camby teamed with Andre Miller to spark the Blazers to a 105-100 victory Sunday night over the third-seeded Phoenix Suns.

Portland acquired Camby before the trading deadline from the Los Angeles Clippers after losing centers Greg Oden and Joel Przybilla to season-ending knee injuries.

Although the Blazers remain hopeful that Oden can still have a productive career after missing the bulk of two of his first three NBA seasons, they have been pleased with Camby's immediate impact. According to sources, they're determined to lock him up before has the chance to become a free agent July 1.

One source said Monday that the Blazers have been hopeful of reaching an extension with Camby since acquiring him from the Clippers.

In Sunday's series opener in Phoenix, Camby frustrated All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire, who was one of the league's most feared offensive forces after the All-Star break. Playing on an ankle he rolled in practice just a day earlier, Camby amassed 17 rebounds and three blocked shots, overshadowing two missed free throws and a missed dunk in crunch time.

"He's a long guy and does an excellent job of blocking shots," Suns coach Alvin Gentry after the defeat. "So Amare is going to have to step it up and find a way to score for us, and we've got to get him the ball in a good location."

The Blazers closed the regular season on a 16-3 run in games played by Camby, including wins without leading scorer Brandon Roy over the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder. Only three of those 19 opponents scored 100 points before Portland opened the postseason by holding Phoenix to 41.8 percent shooting from the field and just four fast-break points.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

I guess the Blazers flew all their brass down to Phoenix today and went to town on this deal. Sounds like the deal is for $21 million with a $4 million in incentives. Great deal for Portland and this also keeps him away from teams with cap room this summer.

Wow man Suns had their chance to win this in the end. That Camby missed dunk was huge and Suns couldn't respond. Give credit to Camby man, he locked Amare up. Straight locked him up. Miller did his thing as well.

Suns win next 4.

Nash wasn't clutch
tired.gif
Your Suns are %*@%*$! Suns with the next 4?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Good luck in the Garden!!!!
laugh.gif

Amare was off, Jrich was off, Hill didn't show up, Nash missed shots in end, and we only lost by 5.
Miller was unguardable, Aldrige did well, Camby played perfect D on Amare, and MILLER HIT A 3.

Suns didn't play well, at all. That won't happen again. Jrich needs to be postin Miller like he's doin to him! and Amare needs to play outside because he's not getting anything with Camby down in the paint.
That wasn't the Blazers defense at all was it? Come on man, you have to give more credit than that. The Blazers defense completely disrupted the Suns entire style of game. I believe the Suns only had 4 fast break points.
youd think dude would shut his mouth after his suns lost game 1
laugh.gif

I knew it wasn't gonna be a quick series either way, Portland has a lotta heart. Lets see how many more big games Andre Miller has in him...
grin.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Trail Blazers remain 'open' to Brandon Roy returning for NBA playoffs[/h1][h4]By Jason Quick, The Oregonian[/h4][h5]April 20, 2010, 12:48PM[/h5]
brandon-roy-two-time-all-star-0d0985ad7b0f1c75_medium.jpg
Bruce Ely/The OregonianBrandon RoyPHOENIX - One day after Brandon Roy did his first post-operative activity, the Trail Blazers are leaving open the option that the All-Star guard can return in the playoffs, perhaps as soon as the first round series against Phoenix.

Roy, who had minor surgery on April 16 to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee, shot free throws on Monday and moved around on the knee, reporting to athletic trainer Jay Jensen and general manager Kevin Pritchard that he was encouraged. Roy said there is no swelling or pain.

“He looks terrific, he really does,’’ Pritchard said. “And Brandon feels really good. Does that mean he is going to play? No. It means we are going to leave the option open.’’

The Blazers have a 1-0 lead in their best-of-seven first-round series with the Suns. If the series is extended to Game 7, it will be played May 1 in Phoenix.

After his surgery, the Blazers said Roy would be out “at least 1 to 2 weeks,

The Rose Garden will be LOUD tonight!!!!!!

Go blazers! RIP CITY!!!

Edit-
laugh.gif
Didn't realize what i posted.

Exhibit A- Posted on 4/20
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom