Official Suns at Lakers Game 5 Thread, Series Tied (2-2)

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

I expect nothing less of a great game today...

OP why bring up the past?...Like is that REALLY going to help LA win NOW?
laugh.gif

its call motivation.  The suns used it on your team and swept them.

--Daaaang. COLD.
--Do Be, we all bring up the past up on these boards. We've all done it. In some way or another.
--I'm glad there was only a one day lay off and the game is TODAY. Lets GO LAKERS!!
Yea me too, couldnt sleep last night thinking about game 5.  Lets get it started already.

X2
grin.gif

GO LAKERS!!!!!

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

So your telling me Kobe and Phil are in there locker room saying "remember last year in Denver guys we can do this
smile.gif
"?
Whatever helps some of you LA fans sleep at night...

Seriously, I wonder about you sometimes. 

You never heard of a team drawing from their experience's in past games to help get them thru?  Honestly?  You never heard of that? 

You've never seen a team say "we've done it before, we've gone thru this before, we can do it?"  You never seen that?  Oh that's right, we're talking about LA and your hate is in your way.  My bad, sorry I got you twisted. 

You act like we talkin about the 85 Lakers or some @#$%.  These are the same God damn guys from just one year ago, OF COURSE they are going to go back and remember what they did, how they prepared, how they focused for a specific game in a similar situation.  2010 2-2 at home, WCF, 2009 2-2 at home, WCF how the @#$% are you confused by that? 

I mean, I guess Phil doesn't know what he's doing, what with his two hand fulls of rings and all, he has no experiences to draw from right? 
grin.gif

also aside from the 2001 team, every Laker team since 2000 that won the title was challenged in the conference finals, so take it for what it's worth. Phoenix is a legit respectable opponent but it's time to move on.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

also aside from the 2001 team, every Laker team since 2000 that won the title was challenged in the conference finals, so take it for what it's worth. Phoenix is a legit respectable opponent but it's time to move on.

Yeah, who thought this was going to be a cake walk?

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

this!...phx is no slouch like ive stated before its going 6 or 7

in addition to 2001 id like to 2008 as well...i mean we didnt sweep them but they only managed to get only 1 win...not much of a challenge either

how ironic it was the same team....

nerd.gif

Off topic but to those that think Kobe was just along for the ride during the three peat... watch this. go to about (1:05) to see Kobes stats during that playoff run

http://www.youtube.com/wa...nkbiA&feature=grec_index

aside from 2000...they really complimented each other well
some nights itll be kobes night the other it was shaqs but come playoff time it was both of them turning it up a notch...as a true die hard Laker fan from the showtime days i could honestly say kobe and shaq were 1a and 1b IMO...although some think so otherwise

PHil needs to play smaller when Lou Amundson is playing center during stretches. Bynum cant keep up with him.

Please watch for Lopez tapping the ball away everytime he scores and getting away with delay of games

Also, how many times do you think we'll hear Doug Collins talk about Channing Fryes three-point shooting? 23? 30? Im taking bets.

Doug Collins and Barkley should have a press conference about how much they hate Kobe and the Lakers. This guy is whack and I'm glad he is back to coaching and not commentating. As far as what we got to do..well people need to just do their job, bench should step up at home and of course lets get some home cooking, like 50 extra fts. Thanks Joey.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Off topic but to those that think Kobe was just along for the ride during the three peat... watch this. go to about (1:05) to see Kobes stats during that playoff run

some nights itll be kobes night the other it was shaqs but come playoff time it was both of them turning it up a notch...as a true die hard Laker fan from the showtime days i could honestly say kobe and shaq were 1a and 1b IMO...although some think so otherwise

Yeah, everybody wants to act like KB was such a subordinate to Shaq, but I say all the time look when they've faced the best teams (which at that point were in the West playoffs) cause the Finals were a cakewalk with Dikembe Mutombo and Todd McCollough inside which is why Shaq was putting up damn near 40 and 20. Kobe had as much as a part in the Lakers winning those series against the Blazers, Kings, Spurs, etc. as Shaquille did, but everyone wants to act like the Finals were the only things that mattered when LA had to get their first.

They were the only tru duo in history with two TRUE alpha dogs both in their or nearing their primes (you could say Magic and Kareem, but at a point it was understood that Cap was in charge, then Magic took over). That's why among other things it didn't work and Buss was forced to choose and at it looks like he made the correct choice. I still wouldn't mind Shaq coming back and retiring for LA, but there's no way in hell KB is letting that happen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Yeah, everybody wants to act like KB was such a subordinate to Shaq, but I say all the time look when they've faced the best teams (which at that point were in the West playoffs) cause the Finals were a cakewalk with Dikembe Mutombo and Todd McCollough inside which is why Shaq was putting up damn near 40 and 20. Kobe had as much as a part in the Lakers winning those series against the Blazers, Kings, Spurs, etc. as Shaquille did, but everyone wants to act like the Finals were the only things that mattered when LA had to get their first.

They were the only tru duo in history with two TRUE alpha dogs both in their or nearing their primes (you could say Magic and Kareem, but at a point it was understood that Cap was in charge, then Magic took over). That's why among other things it didn't work and Buss was forced to choose and at it looks like he made the correct choice. I still wouldn't mind Shaq coming back and retiring for LA, but there's no way in hell KB is letting that happen
laugh.gif
I remember back in the day when Buss did make that decision, everybody (especially ESPN) sided with Shaq.  Boy oh boy how the tables have turned.  How sweet would it have been if the Mavs could have hung on in game 3 and taken that series so Shaq would have been stuck with 3. 

###$ Shaq, we dont want his fat @!+

Imma just throw this out there, I expect us to get a lot of "home calls" tonight, with that being said, I don't see us losing this game at home
pimp.gif

I remember back in the day when Buss did make that decision, everybody (especially ESPN) sided with Shaq.  Boy oh boy how the tables have turned.  How sweet would it have been if the Mavs could have hung on in game 3 and taken that series so Shaq would have been stuck with 3. 

###$ Shaq, we dont want his fat @!+
i remember that real well,  kobe was made out to be the bad guy and scapegoat, that entire 2004 offseason and during the 2004-05 season when the team fell out of playoff contnetion and under .500 in march 2005 because of injuries and a crappy team, and again in 2006 when Shaq won a title with Wade but it wasn't as bad by then because Kobe had a real strong season and almost led the team to that upset against Phoenix.

lookin back 6 years later, they traded shaq at the right time,  look at what other teams who traded superstars in recent years got compared to what the Lakers got in return for Shaq so in that sense it looked stupid short term, but was real good long term.

still it sucks the both Kobe and Shaq had their differences. Shaq was real lazy at the time but magicly found his motivation to get in shape after the trade and Kobe did have alot of female tendancies at the time. I still think had Shaq came into camp ready for the 02-03 season rather then missing all those games they beat the Spurs that year and repeat and possibly win again in 2004 if they were working together rather then against each other.

Shaq is still appreciated for his time as a Laker, him comming to the Lakers put the team back on the map even though they were a 53 win team the season before he came, but him comming made the Lakers become legit title contenders.

We need a big game from Pau, and 1 person to step up off the bench.

Can we please give Sasha a minute or two on Dragic atleast, if he fails then so be it. Back to the end of the bench he goes. But i really think he can make somewhat of a difference. Shannon and Farmar havent even earned the right to be in the game, straight garbage
sick.gif
. Theyre bringing nothing to the table, and have been hurting us more than helping IMO (see Game 4.. They shot 2-12 FG combined, 1-8 from beyond the arc
sick.gif
sick.gif
). If Farmar really thinks hes going to be a starter somewhere next year, hes gotta do SOMETHING, ANYTHING in these playoffs. Same goes for Shannon Brown, stop taking terrible, heavily contested 3's and get into the lane, use your incredible athleticism, and make a play.

PHX has all the confidence in the world right now, the Lakeshow better not show up lackadaisical like they did both games in Phoenix. PLEASE keep playing that zone, its really not affective. More affective than trying to man up and play real man-to-man D? Yes.. affecting our quality of shots?.. not so much.

I think the Lakers will take this one by 10+.. home cookin' FTW.. i hope.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

^^ Phil informed the media that he would be giving Luke and Sasha a try tonight ala AM 570.

F U Suns!!!  I hate you for making the coach consider playing Sasha and Luke
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Please Phil can we see Mbenga tonight...

...just to come in and drop kick Lopez would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom