Official Suns at Lakers Game 5 Thread, Series Tied (2-2)

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

14ceget.jpg
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

I don't know how you can be a lakers fan. I really don't see how.

me either, but what can ya do. i cant stand them, and i cant get rid of em. i feel heartbroken for phx, and they arent even my fav team. that was an incredible game, what a demoralizing ending. this is prolly nashs last shot at it and im pullin for him, but they wont win game 7 in la and well have to sit through another lakers final
sick.gif

Great game.

Wouldn't have mattered probably, but, how does Gentry put Frye in there for the last couple of seconds? Lopez shoulda been in for defensive purposes over Frye.

Queensbridge
laugh.gif

both these series went from possible sweeps to possible contested game 7's. glad the Lakers are on the good end of that 3-2.
tongue.gif

Guess who left Ron Artest and allowed Ron Artest to get the rebound and game winning put back.

Yup the same guy who made that bank shot 3 to tie the game and was celebrating like he just won the game.

Jason Richardson.

laugh.gif

Kobe last 10 games

32/6/7
31/4/3 shot 12/19
30/8/5
35/7/4
32/4/3
40/5/5
21/13/5
36/11/9
38/10/7
30/9/11/4 blocks (Tonight)

Kobe last 10 games

32/6/7
31/4/3 shot 12/19
30/8/5
35/7/4
32/4/3
40/5/5
21/13/5
36/11/9
38/10/7
30/9/11/4 blocks (Tonight)

how about that attempted pau dunk at the end when amare basically hacked him from the back with no call.

also watch gasol get bearhugged by frye on the last play as he's boxing out. These refs make me sick.

Lakers shot 41% from the field today. Bynum, Farmar and Walton combined for 0/10. They got it done with defense. Imagine if these guys were making 40% of their shots. Would have been no run by the suns. Oh yea, not to mention the suns getting every ticky tack foul in the end. They still outshot the lakers from the free throw line. ridiculous.

man, i $%@#$+* hate Yuku. this was a great game and there was so much to talk about, but a potential 100+ page thread of discussion was ruined because of our terrible server.

-someone in LA poisoned Gentry's food
laugh.gif

-Sasha getting under Dragics skin was inevitable.. Slovenian conflict
smh.gif
laugh.gif

-did Nash miss a shot? dude shot like 110%
pimp.gif

-Kobe 1 assist short from a triple-double.. maybe that last "shot" was a pass to Artest? lol
-Ron is like a loveable ******
-Frye was about to cry after the game... calm down son, it wasnt your falut

i dont think the Suns are fazed at all... they will be TOUGH to beat next game.

I'm gonna try to get my thoughts down, but this is the Yuku era so there is about a 6% chance of this post actually getting through.
grin.gif

What a game though. Man, what a game. But it was an even greater heartbreaker. PROPS to J Rich for doing his best Tim Thomas impression to sink that 3. I went ballistic when he banked that thing home. What a clutch moment....BUT (paging youngcheezy) he just watched the ball float in the air. It's not all of J Rich's fault though - when Kobe took that shot the only Sun who took out a Laker was Charmin Frye. It just happened to be Richardson's man who got the ball...and you KNOW Ron needed to redeem himself for his 1/8 performance tonight.

When a game is there for the taking, especially on the road - you gotta take it. I have no idea if the Suns could have prevailed in OT if there was one, but that's a question we will never find out.

I still think the Suns can win this series - it's just going to take a miracle. So far this year the Suns are 3-1 at home against LA and 0-5 at Staples versus the Lakers.
Originally Posted by tmoney85

how about that attempted pau dunk at the end when amare basically hacked him from the back with no call.

also watch gasol get bearhugged by frye on the last play as he's boxing out. These refs make me sick.
Please shut up.

Would you (and posts similar to this) just stop with this crap?

Proud of PHX.

There's no way it should have been tied up ... they were up 18. If they can BARELY beat PHX IN LA, they shouldn't be THAT happy.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Proud of PHX.

There's no way it should have been tied up ... they were up 18. If they can BARELY beat PHX IN LA, they shouldn't be THAT happy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JCH3

I'm gonna try to get my thoughts down, but this is the Yuku era so there is about a 6% chance of this post actually getting through.
grin.gif

What a game though. Man, what a game. But it was an even greater heartbreaker. PROPS to J Rich for doing his best Tim Thomas impression to sink that 3. I went ballistic when he banked that thing home. What a clutch moment....BUT (paging youngcheezy) he just watched the ball float in the air. It's not all of J Rich's fault though - when Kobe took that shot the only Sun who took out a Laker was Charmin Frye. It just happened to be Richardson's man who got the ball...and you KNOW Ron needed to redeem himself for his 1/8 performance tonight.

When a game is there for the taking, especially on the road - you gotta take it. I have no idea if the Suns could have prevailed in OT if there was one, but that's a question we will never find out.

I still think the Suns can win this series - it's just going to take a miracle. So far this year the Suns are 3-1 at home against LA and 0-5 at Staples versus the Lakers.
Originally Posted by tmoney85

Please shut up.

Would you (and posts similar to this) just stop with this crap?
Please listen to this.  The Lakers have the 2 biggest hacks in the game.  Derek Fisher and Ron Artest foul on almost every play they guard someone not to mention whenever Sasha Vujajic gets in he also reaches and fouls on every play. 

The ref's can't call it every time because that would just be ridiculous.  All the tick tack fouls or whatever fouls people are saying favoring Pheonix just watch Fish and Artest.  Handcheck, bump, reach every play... If this was the 90s yes I would not care but the NBA is soft now and those are fouls.

Back
Top Bottom