OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I've been catching wind of a company that makes lithium ion batteries called A123systems. Anyone hear of this? Apparently their IPO should be right aroundthe corner.

My current outlook is: 11500 on Dow in a month...yes i know it sounds crazy.

mid september: crazy crash starts, new lows

I've got quite a bit of SPY sept. calls that are nicely ITM, even though they were highly speculative. caught em at 87.5

HGSI was a huge winner for me a few weeks ago. I freaked out when I saw it at 10 that one Monday morning when it gapped up. Got a nice home entertainmentsystem with the winnings
wink.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

ICTY? ntni?

Kinda up in the air on both of them. I can see ICTY having a breakout soon though. By looking at the charts, it has been stuck for quite a bit around the.0002 range, broke out of it today, and could continue to skyrocket like it did around this time last year. i guess i will see what tomorrow holds for thisone. if it goes up a little bit more then i think i might throw a little money at it and see what happens.

NTNI is one that i have been watching for a bit. i think its a possible rising 3 pattern although it doesnt fit the mold exactly. I think this may have abreak out also

Andy, let me know if this is what you are thinking also, my t/a isnt very good at the moment but im trying
happy.gif

-J23C

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I've got quite a bit of SPY sept. calls that are nicely ITM, even though they were highly speculative. caught em at 87.5

HGSI was a huge winner for me a few weeks ago. I freaked out when I saw it at 10 that one Monday morning when it gapped up. Got a nice home entertainment system with the winnings
wink.gif

11500 on the DOW? There are major levels of resistance that need to be taken out to get to that level in such a short period. But with this crazy rally,anything is possible.

Nice to see someone caught HGSI before it gapped up.

The market is so overbought it scares me. Hanging man formed on $INDU...bearish signal. Tomorrow will confirm trend reversal.

Also S&P...

If you're going long, I'd be very cautious.

Top: % of stocks above 50 dma
Middle: S&P
Bottom: % of stocks above 200 dma

2r39r9d.png

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

HGSI was a huge winner for me a few weeks ago. I freaked out when I saw it at 10 that one Monday morning when it gapped up. Got a nice home entertainment system with the winnings
wink.gif

11500 on the DOW? There are major levels of resistance that need to be taken out to get to that level in such a short period. But with this crazy rally, anything is possible.

Nice to see someone caught HGSI before it gapped up.
his crash outlook is what ive been predicting when the rally started. history is going to repeat itself. get your shorts ready.
his 11500 on dow is possible. lets see if they can break 9500-9700. the max i think dow could go if it were to happen is 12500. sooner or later the marketsgonna correct itself. the higher they prop this up. the harder the fall.

jordan23collector: my triggers on icty. watching on ntni. your analysis is pretty good but then again i dont know anything.

How are you guys liquid with these tiny penny stocks?

ICTY only exchanged ~$50k yesterday if you multiply volume of (98mm) * closing price of ($.0006); which I know isn't wholly accurate because the pricechanges throughout the day but you get my point. Even if you only put $1k in, you're already 2% of that days float.

jordan23collector: my triggers on icty. watching on ntni. your analysis is pretty good but then again i dont know anything.

yeah, out of those 2 stocks, i liked icty better. We will see where this one goes, but you are like me, i know nothing
laugh.gif

-J23C

Originally Posted by nicefro

How are you guys liquid with these tiny penny stocks?

ICTY only exchanged ~$50k yesterday if you multiply volume of (98mm) * closing price of ($.0006); which I know isn't wholly accurate because the price changes throughout the day but you get my point. Even if you only put $1k in, you're already 2% of that days float.

I stay away from penny stocks that are less than 5 cents a share and thinly traded for thatsame exact reason. When looking for penny stocks, I run a stock screener for penny stocks under 10 dollars and above 5 cents that have the highest volume andgreatest percentage increase. I almost never get in at the bottom but I'll trade a multi-day uptrend once it's in motion. The only thinly traded stockI've bought recently turned out to be GGC, which is being investigated by the NYSE right now. They did a reverse-split and left 1.4 million sharesoutstanding. That's why all that buying pressure forced it up into the 40's.
smh.gif

I still made off with a good 60% percent return though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nicefro

Shouldn't have hesitated with AIG @ $20.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

i told my parents to hop on AIG yesterday afternoon...

AIG should NOT be bought and held. Short term trading is okay as long as you're out by theclosing bell. This stock is only at 20 because of the reverse split. In my books, they're a zombie institution. They're closing out all derivativepositions and selling off assets (including good divisions like ALICO) in order to pay back the U.S. government. I think they will ultimately fail to pay backthe money they owe and the government probably doesn't expect them to. They've been given a slow death as opposed to a fast one that would be painfulfor the market to digest.

And we have to keep in mind that $20 now is only $1. The reason I say I shouldn't have hesitated is when AIG was @ $.97 back in March, the volume was overa billion that day and it was back at $4 by May. Not that I expect the same thing to happen at all, but it did have it's 100% run from yesterday tilltoday.

I'm in CIT @ $1.8.
eyes.gif

GE is heading back up.. glad i got in when it was $11.99.. now $14.26.. its just gonna keep on going back up

CIT looks like its been on a steady decline since morning highs, however the markets are lower today.

In @ $1.8, should I stay, should I go, I don't know.

I would think we have another small up day tomorrow then hell beginning next week.

Orrr, the rally continues.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Tomorrow is critical. Unemployment is announced premarket.
i have a feeling the bad news gets flipped to look like its good news because of the whole success with cash for clunker and what not.

his crash outlook is what ive been predicting when the rally started. history is going to repeat itself. get your shorts ready.
his 11500 on dow is possible. lets see if they can break 9500-9700. the max i think dow could go if it were to happen is 12500. sooner or later the markets gonna correct itself. the higher they prop this up. the harder the fall.

September is back to school. Then Christmas season comes soon after. We may see a good pullback in mid October - early November, but then themarket will rally higher during Christmas season. Then expect the major pullback in late January-early February.

I originally thought 10,000 on the Dow at year end. I'm now thinking 10,500 on the Dow at year end.

Back
Top Bottom