OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

CBIS 60 min was too high. It had to come down. I stated yesterday that once it breaks 1.15, it could run up to 1.50. That's what happened.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I'd like to post this chart and see what some of you can interpret from looking at it. Feel free to add your input.

w9zk03.jpg

Looks a lot like my $SPX chart (I do my more short term T/A on SSO or SPY). I'm hoping for the market to reach down to that 948 level and break through thesupport to test the bottom of this ascending wedge. If it breaks out of this wedge towards the bottom, it'll prove this is just a bear market rally. Maybethen the idiots at CNBC will stop saying the recession is over (it isn't).

zjcc1t.jpg

Originally Posted by iEternaly

looks like there's a lot of profit taking for CBIS.

i have no idea what that early run was about.

There are newsletters and websites that pump stocks. They tell people to buy some unknown penny stock that's thinly traded and once people do, it shootsup. I'm all for profits so I play the penny stocks, but right about now, you guys should be looking to short CBIS as I'm fairly certain the rally isover. Unless it breaks 1.44 (the rallys high), I wouldn't look to get in. DO NOT try buying a pull back on a penny stock, it's a suckers move.

well 1 of the stocks i was interested was HSXI

and this was when it was worth a penny

and that thing shot up to 10 cents
smh.gif

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

I'd like to post this chart and see what some of you can interpret from looking at it. Feel free to add your input.

Looks a lot like my $SPX chart (I do my more short term T/A on SSO or SPY). I'm hoping for the market to reach down to that 948 level and break through the support to test the bottom of this ascending wedge. If it breaks out of this wedge towards the bottom, it'll prove this is just a bear market rally. Maybe then the idiots at CNBC will stop saying the recession is over (it isn't).

There are newsletters and websites that pump stocks. They tell people to buy some unknown penny stock that's thinly traded and once people do, it shoots up. I'm all for profits so I play the penny stocks, but right about now, you guys should be looking to short CBIS as I'm fairly certain the rally is over. Unless it breaks 1.44 (the rallys high), I wouldn't look to get in. DO NOT try buying a pull back on a penny stock, it's a suckers move.

don't the candles point to a bearish run? i'm not good with charts. possibly down to low 900s then shoot back up to 1k?

as for CBIS, there is def a lot of hype out there, but there is opportunities to make quick money. i think im done with this one for a bit.

i need to get more analytical (kicks and lilchico), i read more into financial health (being an accountant) and long-term health. if i get more into chartreading, i think day trading will be a lot less stressful.

anyways, back to work...there's actually stuff piling up...GLTA.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

w9zk03.jpg

Looks a lot like my $SPX chart (I do my more short term T/A on SSO or SPY). I'm hoping for the market to reach down to that 948 level and break through the support to test the bottom of this ascending wedge. If it breaks out of this wedge towards the bottom, it'll prove this is just a bear market rally. Maybe then the idiots at CNBC will stop saying the recession is over (it isn't).

zjcc1t.jpg

There are newsletters and websites that pump stocks. They tell people to buy some unknown penny stock that's thinly traded and once people do, it shoots up. I'm all for profits so I play the penny stocks, but right about now, you guys should be looking to short CBIS as I'm fairly certain the rally is over. Unless it breaks 1.44 (the rallys high), I wouldn't look to get in. DO NOT try buying a pull back on a penny stock, it's a suckers move.
i can understand your chart better than lilchico's..... weird

even short term. it's been on a decline since the 10th and the market in general looks like its about to turn around.

wow where have i been? been burned by stupid xtnt from a while back and concentrated on more expensive stocks and smh to myself for missing out on some goodstuff! wats good lil chico? whats the play for today?

How do yall see Yahoo and Microsoft's share prices being affected in the up comming months?

I'm thinking about getting in long on Yahoo after it's done falling.

Are any of you in positions that pay nice dividends? Reason I ask is because I've opened up an another account for long positions and want to diversify itwith stocks that pay healthy dividends.

If some of you all don't mind sharing some good ones, that'll be great.

Are any of you in positions that pay nice dividends? Reason I ask is because I've opened up an another account for long positions and want to diversify it with stocks that pay healthy dividends.

dlm, pg, clx

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Are any of you in positions that pay nice dividends? Reason I ask is because I've opened up an another account for long positions and want to diversify it with stocks that pay healthy dividends.

dlm, pg, clx

Thanks a lot man! Are you in all of them?

dlm, pg, clx

Of stocks i own or owned:

MCD (~3%)
MA (pretty poor)
MRK (~5%)
BAC (pretty poor)
JPM (pretty poor)

i know a lot of financial service based stocks have dividends. it's a good way to make money long term.
ill put down more if i remember.

dlm, pg, clx

I'd watch out with PG. It has some great brands that are consumer staples but I've read a couple articles lately discussing how the current CEO has notkept up with R&D spending. PG also has made some of its biggest moves with M&A (Gilette, Tide, etc.), and I'm sure as you can tell they have notdone much in that category either. The dividend is certainly one of the most stable in the market but you'd still want some organic growth with thedividend.

A couple of my personal favorites with great dividends are JNJ, HSY, T, and VZ (only a few I can think of now. I'll come back with a couple more later.Certainly a lot of the oil/energy companies pay very nice stable nominal dividends but the share prices are very volatile).

JNJ - filled with fantastic consumer stables and you'll be able to ride out the Obama health care craze going on now.

HSY - Reported a fantastic second quarter (raised annual outlook) with cocoa prices going through the roof over the past year or so(and still are to anextent). Would love to see some new products but the companies stability right now is great for this market.

T and VZ - The future is wireless and mobile. Clearly these two competitors will be on the forefront of the advancements in mobile technology. Probably like VZbetter right now with the rumors flying for some form of an apple "tablet" coming soon along with the potential for an iphone LTE with VZ in 2010 andlater.

Back
Top Bottom