OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

i only go there for millers. the food and drinks :smokin

i remembered a time when 0 down and 0% was a once/twice a year thing. now i see it every month and this sign and drive crap.

Just be careful about shorting retailers cause analysts are adjusting their estimates to reflect all of the misses

DATA and CTRL are interesting. I've been stalking Tableau a little.

I wanna play GOOG for its NEST acquisition and all the other Skynet **** they're doing. You guys know anything about when they're offering that other class of shares and its ticker and price?

CRM is solid to double down on if you catch its bottom.

I'm probably gonna play FEYE via options. Think it goes a little lower so I'm waiting patiently.

CARA sold off nicely today into the 17s. I've been eying this level but the chart is in a downtrend so I'm still staying put. Thinking we might get a wash into the high 15s before it ramps back up.

Eying HILL this week for a bottom. Not crazy about it but could be decent for a trade.

I kinda like GE for a slow and steady investment. Might buy leaps.

FSLR has analyst day on the 19th. Won't trust this piece of **** with common but I may grab some calls if there is weakness Monday.

GILD was down into the 75s today. IDIX is suing them in Europe for patent infringement for their hep C drug. I like GILD regardless but it is extended and with CELG breaking trend the sector could continue correcting.
Everything you need to know: https://investor.google.com/financial/class-c.html

Last edited:
Hey guys, and looking to get more involved in investing. I'm going to look into actually buying and selling stocks in the near future but for now I'm thinking about index funds. I learned a bit about what it actually is compared to mutual funds and it seems like a better option for me since I don't know a ton about investing and the fees are lower compared to mutual funds.

Question though, are index funds typically meant to be used as another retirement plan or is that something I could use to try to make some extra money on the side?

I'd watch how GOOG handles that 50-day EMA of 1167.56. Breaks that you probably see a move to the 1150s. I've never followed a stock that offered Class C shares before so I'm not sure how that will affect the stock. Someone else might be able to provide better insight.

Posted a bunch of stocks, notes and price levels I'm watching on my TWTR https://twitter.com/frank_world

I'll probably post some more later since researching this stuff is nice homework. This stuff is just a guide for myself, do your own DD.
SDS has a decent chart—market could keep trending lower. Gets above 29.78 with volume could see a move above its 50-day EMA.

AAPL breaks 523 prob fills that gap into the 515-517 area Needs some new products to go on a monster run Tweaking iPhone isn't good enough

Firm believer $TWTR would be in the 40s if $FB hadn't gone on that monster run. This POS needs to retest the 45s before I'm interested.I love using $TWTR and think it's a great platform, but it's overpriced and in a downtrend. Gets over 52.26 with volume maybe 53 push.

I like $SPLK as long as it holds that 50-day EMA Some consolidation is needed for an eventual breakout over 88.64 Breaks 83.50s could see 80

FEYE if it breaks 81.34 with volume could get back on track to filling that gap. Breaks 75.25 could see 72s. Might bounce off that level. FEYE is similar to $SPLK they're both still extended n could see significant downside if they break support—sounds like the market overall

Watch $TVIX over 8.70 with volume. If there's turmoil, this could go on a nice run. Not crazy about holding ETNs overnight though.

HIMX not as attractive as it was last week but a little rest should help it eventually set new 52s. Weak open use 14 as your guide for r/g.

FB nice trading vehicle but bigger picture if it cant hold 67s n the market trends lower 64-65.30s seem inevitable Should base around there

HA looks like it's filling that gap down into the 13s Let's see how it holds that 13 level Could pull back to 11.40s if weak Needs breather

VRS former runner 50-day EMA is starting to curl up a little It breaks 2.60 with volume could make a 3 push don't marry 2.80s resistance. know nothing about this co fundamentally.

PRKR some unusual options activity in the Oct $7 calls Earnings are tomorrow Breaks 5.54 6.16 could be next level I'm playing those calls. May sell those $PRKR calls, or peel some off, before the close if it makes a move intraday.

Z had a big move Friday while the market was weak. Probably gaps up and fades on Monday or has weak open r/g move. Use 84 as your guide.

SINA filed for the Weibo IPO. Y'all know my thoughts on stocks from that country. Don't trust them, but the better ones offer nice trade opportunities.

MONDAY

before

INO - Inovio Pharma
JASO - JA Solar

TUESDAY

before

DSW - DSW Inc.
HTZ - Hertz
FDS - FactSet Research Systems

after

ADBE - Adobe
ORCL - Oracle

WEDNESDAY

before

FDX - FedEx
GIS - General Mills
KBH - KB Homes
VRA - Vera Bradley

after

GES - Guess
JBL - Jabil Circuit

THURSDAY

before

CAG - Conagra
LEN - Lennar Corp
LUX - Luxottica

after

NKE - Nike
TIBX - Tibco
SLW - Silver Wheaton

FRIDAY

before

DRI - Darden Restaurant
TIF - Tiffany

Last edited:
Edit: Answered my own question...

I bought in to WEN at $9.36 end of the day...looking for a bounce to over $10.

Last edited:
What in the world happened here?

Capture-56-26.png

And here?

1207140712.png

And why's SINA's stock up on Weibo's IPO news? Wouldn't that in a way dilute SINA's shares?

Last edited:
based mod based mod is SINA spinning off Weibo as a separate business? or are they just taking another vertical of their existing business to the market?

HZNP looks good here. Something to do DD on

GRNH my shares up 49% and holding higher consolidation levels. Think this gets over a buck soon and tests 52 week highs

based mod based mod is SINA spinning off Weibo as a separate business? or are they just taking another vertical of their existing business to the market?

That's what I was hoping somebody would help clarify

Sina Corp’s micro-blogging Weibo unit—China’s version of Twitter—plans to raise a mere $500 million with its Nasdaq IPO, a small sum compared with other recent tech public offerings. That’s partly because Sina will maintain majority control, and Alibaba, its corporate ally, will keep a hefty stake too.

The purpose of the I.P.O. is also questionable: the parent company Sina is already listed on Nasdaq.

Still have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom