OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Just commenting....there is no way in hell I'm going to be holding through the jobs report for the first warm month....there has been 3 poor jobs reports in a row but the consensus is that it is a reflection of the bad weather....if the first report in a warm weather month misses...the market will see a real big drop which would account for the errors of the last 3 or 4 months. 

Gonna watch BYD's ER from afar

Just commenting....there is no way in hell I'm going to be holding through the jobs report for the first warm month....there has been 3 poor jobs reports in a row but the consensus is that it is a reflection of the bad weather....if the first report in a warm weather month misses...the market will see a real big drop which would account for the errors of the last 3 or 4 months. 

Does that mean you're liquidating before EOD today?

Last edited:
Based it was just me day trading like a moron. Playing too much size, over trading, chasing. Bunch of stuff I should've avoided, and have abstained from so far in March.

I can't stand this weather excuse. They'll come up with another one when it gets warmer and the numbers are the same.

Damn!!  Word dropped that a Sprint T-Mobile merger is unlikely in the short term and it dropped from $9.33 to $9 in a minute or two.  Had to sell out at $9.03 to avoid a gap down tomorrow.  I was looking forward to a long run but that news ruined the hopes of that. 

Yeah I loaded up on RENN and MDCN a few days ago and made out the past few days. I keep increasing the stop limit so I don't lose it all if try drop too much. I like to lock in gains that way instead of just selling by guessing the peak. I've never traded like I have in the past few months. I've always been buy and hold but recently I've just been doing but and sell a week later. The only difference is now I spend a lot more time reading online. I used to just buy and forget about it. Not the best strategy.

BIDU 185 calls for this week 50x what they were yesterday. :x Was gazing at them for the past couple days. :smh:

Last edited:
Picked up a few AUY Oct 18 $11 calls for .96

Kind of wish I bought some FSLR calls when it was at 50. That stock's annoying.

Scalped SPLK for a small gain. Sold a few seconds too quickly.

Damn!!  Word dropped that a Sprint T-Mobile merger is unlikely in the short term and it dropped from $9.33 to $9 in a minute or two.  Had to sell out at $9.03 to avoid a gap down tomorrow.  I was looking forward to a long run but that news ruined the hopes of that. 

Sprint was always gon be an "if" no way that TMUS deal were to go through.

ng with that 8% gain today. im staying away from stocks right now but damn if i was in it.

Good lord. Why?

Capture-35-13.png

Last edited:
Looks like some nice consolidating with RAD...looking like a possible top.  Definitely interested in being a buyer on a mini pullback. 

Edit:

It looks like EKSO might be gearing for a reversal here.  I never traded a stock this new before but they are a legit company it if it closes over $6 tomorrow I think I'll buy Monday. 

Last edited:
I still have zgnx! I'm still up from what I bought it at but a lot less profit than when it hit $5 recently. The company should have just released the abuse deterrent formulation first. All te negative press and talk of abuse and addiction isn't helping obviously. Sold my RENN today and locked in solid gains. Still riding high in my HA position. Looking for my next buy!

I thought about buying EKSO yesterday but wanted to see if I could get a little pullback first. Chart looks decent, though.

watching DDD and FEYE this morning. could see some bounces for a quick scalp or moves lower. I like FEYE a lot but it's still too pricey for me. Needs to pull back some more or consolidate around here.

I'll be watching CARA on any dips. It bounced off the 20.20s level yesterday. Will be eying that level if it pulls back to either go long or wait for a better price.

decent read below. nothing new for the most part, but a decent quick run down on some of the economic issues present.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-06/top-12-signs-us-economy-heading-toward-another-recession

i could see 2015 being a bearish year for the market.

edit: speaking of FEYE

Joe Kunkle ‏@OptionsHawk 8m
wow, $FEYE priced its offering down at $82 - heavy March put buying last hour yesterday was looking for weak pricing

ZAAP seems to be getting some attention. Don't know anything about the company fundamentally or if it could continue technically. pretty monster move yesterday.

Super_Trades seems to be really high on HART. Been reading this write up by him and it's an interesting idea. Similar to ONVO.
IKNX is another stock he's apparently high on. I'm not familiar with Super and if he's a pumper or not, however, so do your own DD here.

http://www.super-trades.com/harvard...ued-one-day-seek-eliminate-need-organ-donors/

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/harvard-apparatus-regenerative-technology-reports-120000866.html

Last edited:
Nice!  Last night my dad said if I keep it up with stocks and prove I know what I'm doing he'll give me some money to invest for him and let me get a commission on profits.

Back
Top Bottom