OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Had a meeting with a new fund manager yesterday. He's got an interesting idea for his new launch. Will be looking to capitalize on both sides of tail risk, where downside tail will make him more as he believes the next 3 years won't be too pretty.
He's only using options and option products, so he's definately going to have the multiplier.

In other words, next 3 years he expects a downturn in the markets... right?

In other words, next 3 years he expects a downturn in the markets... right?

He expects volatility to increase...he's not looking at one particular event, but he feels that in the near term Europe and the United States need to fix things. During that time, he expects swings to take place, which his fund would capitalize on. More so on the days the market loses 1%+. His worst case scenario for his particular fund would be if the market generates consistent returns between a couple percent.

This feels good. Sold a few shares yesterday to get some free capital to day trade options with. Looking for a breakout above 618 and I would consider going short term bullish.

Some good numbers coming out this week...but also some bad.

TRW had a great Q, but COH not so much. I wish auto demand in Western Europe was even somewhat decent. North American auto sales are dominating.

I'm 1/3 cash right now.

My stop on PFE was triggered yesterday, probably due to Knight. Either way, enjoyed a 13.5% gain.

Will exit IWM at $80 and buy back when it drops down to $74 or

My time is 6-12 months since this is my IRA.

I do enjoy dividend yield because it's not my personal portfolio. I will look into that, thanks!

I was scouring the GS convinction list yesterday too but didn't see anything too worthwhile that I hadn't yet missed the boat on.

Edit - NVS is a ADR huh? I'm going to get hit w/ the 30% w/h tax on the dividend I believe...I will still look into it.

Last edited:
This Q's earnings have been bad across the board, but I think a lot of stocks are being unfairly beaten down. I can't wait for this Euro mess to subside.

This is the breakout point for AAPL. Would love to see a close above 620. I think it's off to a new ATH if we can get that.

Too rich for my blood. Took my 5% gain on AAPL and onto the next one.

Looking at GAP along with a healthcare and still trying to figure out the energy sector I'd like to move into.

As for good yield plays, I like COP right now. PSX has really performed better since the spinoff, but COP has a more stable cash rich business model and a very attractive yield.

GNK?

Possible to make some money off of? Or sinking ship stay away?

No i really don't know what I'm doing but I made a few pennies so far playing around

What are you using?
AAPL Chart Talk thread on Apple Finance Board. Google it. Link isn't working on here for some reason.

I don't like complicated things. Charts there are easy to follow and I can apply what's there to other stocks and it fits.

Last edited:
You're going to be a doctor and you don't like complicated things? :lol: J.k.

DXPE had a good quarter....climbing back up.

You're going to be a doctor and you don't like complicated things? :lol: J.k.
DXPE had a good quarter....climbing back up.
You have no clue how frustrated I am with medicine right now. Complicated is fine, as long as you can make sense of it all. I'm on an inpatient service right now. It's not that kind of complicated.

DXPE looks like it's due for a pullback tomorrow. In overbought territory plus well outside of the upper Bollinger band. AAPL is overbought and riding, but below the upper Bollinger band.

Anyone negatively affected by the KCG mess? I am going through my charts for the first time in a week and like every 8th one was affected. Glad I had no positions on. That said, I would have loved to have gotten LF at $9.25 :evil:

Back
Top Bottom