OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Sprint could have actually helped maintain the U.S. market though, and they haven't reported their subscriber/earnings.

Apple really does have their product eco-system down to a science. Really think about it - regardless if you're a fan of the ipad or i-whatever.

Those who are, seemingly aren't abandoning them and in fact, trade up. You see it in minimal form on NT. New i-Whatever announced, NTer goes and sells old one to someone else looking for the value on the "expensive" Apple product but doesn't care to have the "new" one. Then NTer purchases new. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

I alluded to this in my responses to Frank Mathews and that other NTer who isn't worth mentioning - this stands out to me:

"Schools are loving the iPad, Mr. Oppenheimer says. Apple sold 2 iPads for every one Mac it sold to K-12 customers". This is a newer trend, but it's got a lot of room for growth.

Also:

"The company's cash pile grows. It now has $110.2 billion, with about 70% offshore. The dividend isn't exactly going to make a big dent."

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Here are my pre-earnings holdings...

1 Jan 13 650 call @ 33.85

1 May 620/625 BCS @ 1.52

1 AprWk4 590/600 BCS @ 3.95

All is good again in the world. I should cover the weekly. Hope to cover the May call shortly. Will likely hold the LEAP. We're going up baby.
*high five* I ended up throwing a few hundred on calls just for the thrill.  Let's see how it holds.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Regardless I still think a correction has to come.

Almost 15% isn't a correction to you? I swear man...

We want more upside
laugh.gif
Really wanna see how Apple opens tomorrow.

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

DUMB QUESTION! how much should i invest in Facebook stock once it's released to the public?

Zero. Give it time to settle down from IPO excitement.

Let's say FB lists at 32, by the time it reaches the secondary market (where us regular folk can buy it), its price will be inflated thanks to all the rich people that have access to those shares. Depending on how high above the list price FB opens at, it may go on a large run up before selling off some, or it may just move upward a couple of bucks or down some.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

nope.

again, earnings and figures dont' matter. stocks sold for the past few weeks. aapl was the play mentioned. some cats got fiesty about putting money where the mouth is.

smart trader: cover shorts prior to earnings
dumb trader: playing earnings believing it does something, whatever playing means.
dumbest trader: going Long into earnings believing 'sales' and good figures will launch the stock. lolz straight up las vegas style.
laugh.gif
 Keep making yourself look bad bro. I love it. 

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Regardless I still think a correction has to come.

Almost 15% isn't a correction to you? I swear man...
It's a correction, but for a stock that has become so popular, hyped an has nearly doubled value in the past year, I consider it s a possibility. Although with numbers like that...

Don't go to the meeting high, or at least I shouldn't. If you are still in school, go to interview workshops and stuff, they usually have a lot of those. Or, go to a career services/ office at school, the people there should also give you some pointers. Besides that, I would do some background on the research of the company, just the basics like what they do, etc. Know what position you want, and be specific. Dress to impress, my friend's dad who's a ballin' lawyer told me that, (came with a long story attached).

And if you're wondering if I have a job to back this all up, I haven't found one yet, but I'm working on it...

Back
Top Bottom