OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

At the moment I'm only long OVTI, MS, GLW and TIF. Planning to get back into BP soon, and B of A possibly after earnings.

I'm not nearly as active as I'd like to be, but that's what happens when my work life takes over.

Cash &
IWM
GLD
AAPL
PFE
FTE
DXPE (yep, started following thx to dajoka)

Since this is mostly related to my IRA (i.e. 90% long and 10% spec), I opted for dividend return (FTE and PFE, specifically) until I can focus my attentions back to my portfolio.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Can I get a count of who here is actively trading? 
Some of you post
pimp.gif
 like you actually own shares of these companies. 

I'll go first. 

Long AAPL, IGTE, DXPE, MD common shares. Long DXPE May 45 calls. 
Not actively trading but I'm long(owned for over a year) PM, MO, MCD

Recently picked up VZ, DLTR, and CMG. 

Tomorrow morning is big with WFC and JPM reporting before the opening bell. Hopefully good earnings propelling us forward.

IGTE reports earnings pre-market tomorrow. I'm probably the most nervous I've ever been. Traded up AH by 3.96% today. I just want to make it to $18 before I cut my position in half. I bought 450 shares last summer at $16.70. Rode it all the way down to $9.32 in the fall. Should have averaged my cost down, but I couldn't bring myself to it with it dropping like a rock. 
Fingers crossed that things look good at 8am tomorrow. 

Originally Posted by bruce negro

My only hold is BAC at the moment.

@freaky Good thing you didn't buy those GOOG puts
laugh.gif
I did say it was a gamble. $200 or so would've yielded a great return if they fell any bit short of expectations.

I am only holding BAC and MOL (the later is a hungarian based oil company traded here in Budapest) currently.

(And I'm buying LNKD and NKE this or next week.)

IGTE $0.38 EPS vs $0.33 expected on lower than expected revenue, but better margins. Should be a good day.

J.P. is pleased with it's results, which actually aren't bad. They exceeded expectations regarding both revenue and earnings per share. However the market doesn't seem too bullish.

Looks like some weakness after the last few days. There have been some great buying opps, just wish I had more cash!

I've seen a rumor of "bad" earnings being floated out there. That's a definite possibility for the drop.
Or we're going to see a slingshot effect. Manipulation of the stock to force it downward pre-earnings so that the big boys can load up before massive gains are made. 

Obviously I hope for the latter. While Apple always sandbags their guidance for earnings, estimates by analysts that are 30% higher than the company's expectations are ridiculous. 

With all that said, I am a buyer if we cross below $600. 

Bought PAYD yesterday at .115 Its now at .17, watched for a while, when that market tool a lul, jumped and is paying off... Love buying during a 5 day slump

Why does the intraday chart for Aapl look weird? Did it not trade or something for a small stretch?

Back
Top Bottom