OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

New normal? A couple sharp corrections like this and everyone will be scrambling to buy again.

$2,000 out of pocket for car repairs, and now about $2,000 for some dental issues and $6,300 for this semester of my masters. All out of pocket. Trying real hard not to touch my stock account :frown:

Hope this sell-off continues. Been hoarding cash on the sidelines for years now waiting for major pullback.

Reactions: ASE
$2,000 out of pocket for car repairs, and now about $2,000 for some dental issues and $6,300 for this semester of my masters. All out of pocket. Trying real hard not to touch my stock account :frown:

What stock account?

Only way to protect it is to neglect it.

Thread been quiet lately.

A nice day today finally :pimp:

Anyone think a china trade deal is coming ?

Eb8Ojfz.png

Might be a bit niche but someone slack'd this to me at work today and real tears were shed

I bought some a couple days ago at $146.

Although I think there is less risk buying at $146 than in the mid $200s months ago, I think you bought $46 too high.

Nvidia went up a lot based on hype when it is still a cyclical commodity company.

Should I sell Facebook? Bought shares last year at 130 and worried it will go less than that. I was going to buy some mutual funds

Should I sell Facebook? Bought shares last year at 130 and worried it will go less than that. I was going to buy some mutual funds

Facebook is a cash generating machine with nearly a monopoly in the social media space. I wouldn't sell Facebook at $130 unless I thought we were going into a recession.

So keep Facebook? My mom is saying to keep it also. Just worried it might go less than what I bought it. You think it will go up again to 200 plus

Id bet money fb is going below 130. It’s teetering there tight now and its getting dragged in the media on a daily basis. Their next earnings call is too far away to hold off the sellers with great earnings numbers.

Having said that. I also think its going to bounce back for precisely the reasons B Betonblck stated.

I see FB dropping to 100 before it bounces back, just too much bad news, remarkably incompetent management when it comes to privacy issues. They are in the scope of governments worldwide and combine that with an overall poor market environment, I don't think it plays out well for the next few months.

Reactions: ASE
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/20/juu...idend-to-its-employees-after-altria-deal.html

Health and Science
Juul employees get a special $2 billion bonus from tobacco giant Altria, averaging about $1.3 million per person
Published 2 hours ago | Updated 10 min ago
David Faber@DavidFaber
Angelica LaVito@angelicalavito

Key Points
  • Juul employees stand to receive a $2 billion dividend from Altria as part of the tobacco giant’s deal announced Thursday, according to people familiar with the plan.
  • The bonus averages out to roughly $1.3 million for each of Juul’s roughly 1,500 employees.
  • Altria invested $12.8 billion for a 35 percent stake in Juul that values the e-cigarette company at $38 billion.
105639731-5ED1-SB-Cramerjuul-122018.jpg

watch now
VIDEO04:45
Marlboro maker Altria takes 35% stake in e-cigarette company JUUL
Juul’s 1,500 employees are getting a $2 billion bonus from Altria, averaging about $1.3 million each, as part of the tobacco giant’s $12.8 billion investment in the e-cigarette maker, people familiar with the matter told CNBC.

The bonus is being paid out as a special dividend as part of the deal, which was announced Thursday.

How much employees get depends on a number of factors, including how long they’ve been with the company and how much stock they own, another person briefed on the terms said.

Juul is receiving the lump sum payout as part of the deal and has decided to share it with its staff, one of the people said.

Altria’s 35 percent stake values Juul at $38 billion.
guess addiction pays in the vaping industry

Back
Top Bottom