OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

so after it dipped on earnings, I did some fundamental analysis. Based on their projections, I see it as a 20 +/- stock. I think it’s suffering from a few things.

1. It ONLY met quarterly projections and didn’t raise long term guidance. Growth/tech stocks are getting clobbered right now, so meeting expectations might as well be a miss if you’re considered to be growth/tech.

2. other streaming plays are experiencing draw downs at the moment, so it’s dragging curi down. Look at roku, Netflix, fubo and even Disney’s slow down.

3. no news of potential new revenue streams.

i think curi will make its way back up when streaming plays and tech in general rebounds. That and some news on a new deal or accelerated growth would do wonders. I’m buying here but it’s bounce back may take some time due to the headwinds I listed above.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown. I was really busy at work so I couldn't keep an eye on things the past week. I was waiting for the quarterly report and thought it would jump a bit if they met projections, but I was surprised that it still dropped some. I hadn't realized all streaming was getting pushed down. Much appreciated.

One last fund to blow up, buyers stepped in, I think we’re done with the hard selling and will just base for the quarter

It’s nice when all of the yolo this is a joke to me people aren’t in this thread

saw this posted on Twitter:

what’s your largest holding and why?

for me it’s roku, early innings for CTV, ad fraud is growing to a $50B TAM in 2025, Nielsen expands their offerings, getting involved in content creation, their new advertising studio, the Roku Channel helping their international expansion efforts in markets they aren’t the leader in. Trades 11.5x NTM sales, 8x 2 year sales, a multiple that will probably contract and become even more attractive as it builds a base off of this tech crash. $40b market cap, analysts think the Roku channel alone could be a $50b MC. Seeing this as the fb of tv with tons of innovation and optionality. Interactive ads are the future of television and with IDFA this is one of the easiest ways to grab data on customers.

Yeah I’m going to grab some Disney, Jonah son and Johnson and amd.

I don’t think I’ll bother trading stocks tbh if I get good at futures s&p.

My super safe “boomer” index funds just hit an all time high
Meanwhile my robinhood is at an all time low :lol: deposited like 1400 in there and been playing around with it. Been as high as 2300. Now I’m below my original investment

🤔

bought a starter position on Friday. Their customer ROI is insane and only 3B market cap. Excited about the potential on this one
That ROI has always intrigued me. Planning on jumping in tomorrow. This can very quickly triple if they start growing over 30%, love their multiple under 10x sales and their enterprise growth.

Wrote a thread with some thoughts on why I’m bullish roku and what Amazon can stand to gain in the near future from prime video

invest in the best minds. CMLF

VIAC could open under $35 tomorrow. Be careful

I’ll consider some long options if it does drop tomorrow. The app still needs work, but the potential is there given how many “classic” shows they have in their archive. CBS needs to get better with original content though, they’re living off that new Star Trek s*** :lol: :smh:.

Anyone else into set it and forget it index funds?
I’m up 10% YTD
I’m up 63% year to year 3/28/20 to 3/28/21
And overall since maybe 2017, overall since I started, I’m up 25%

Right as covid hit,I was down 15%. Nice overall recovery. But it just shows, your time table for retirement counts.

crazy random times even when-index funds sit low key.

Lol at unamed fund... It's all public knowledge now.

I could never lever up to this degree, but this is precisely why leverage is scary. Imagine being in charge of running a fund, and using so much leverage that a single stock you own returning to it's price level from 6 WEEKS AGO is enough to blow up your entire fund.
Truly mind-boggling. 10s of billions of dollars...Gone in an instant.

Feels like 08 v0.5

Anyone else into set it and forget it index funds?
I’m up 10% YTD
I’m up 63% year to year 3/28/20 to 3/28/21
And overall since maybe 2017, overall since I started, I’m up 25%

Right as covid hit,I was down 15%. Nice overall recovery. But it just shows, your time table for retirement counts.

crazy random times even when-index funds sit low key.
My whole 401k is indexed. It really isn't a bad play for those who don't really want the stress of it all. It's not sexy but it works.

I got a call off not to far from open before everything went to **** was going straight up for 9 minutes and locked those gains in
I wish I bought puts right after though

Bought puts on TWTR though and I used the wrong risk wanted to risk more but had my calculator set as if I was expiration day trading that’s fine though

Back
Top Bottom