OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Been reading a few
PINS just entered the FB stage. This could be a $200 stock by 2022. You’re welcome :lol:
1612472935031.png
Speaking of FB, I was reading a few primers on them today and the impact iOS 14 is gonna have on their ad revenue. Will be interesting to see how they proceed over the next few quarters. Apple’s App Store may be the most effective moat in the market today.

PINS just entered the FB stage. This could be a $200 stock by 2022. You’re welcome :lol:
1612472935031.png

but but but you said you never buy before earning reports! Lol.

Up over $80 now. What you said about price anchoring is 100, trying to get in on a dip but might just need to get in at any level.

Got in at 90
Blinked, 140
Blinked again, 90

That was my first 15 minutes of trading.

I meant to sell at 140, but I was busy going guys guys guys let me just think, time out! Time out!

If GME turns into the next Coca-Cola Company in forty years, my eight stocks will be enough for a down payment on an e-bike. 💎🙌
I work at Super73, I got you :lol:

but but but you said you never buy before earning reports! Lol.

Up over $80 now. What you said about price anchoring is 100, trying to get in on a dip but might just need to get in at any level.
Just a personal rule of mine for new buys right before an ER. I personally want some cushion to hold through the report and if you buy day of or day before you don’t have that.

Just joshing bro.

Eat. Eat. Eat.
Wanna go in on PINS but psychologically tough to buy anything at a high.
But it’ll be a long term play so I might as well buy in

Yall dont wait on PINS. These are the kinds of earnings that change the game and people will start building positions quicker and quicker. Funds wont take profits, so you shouldn't either. I'm glad I got 10 more sharea earlier this week. Might add more if I can move money around next week. Or if we get a stimulus :nerd:

Yeah normally I’d say you have nothing to worry about because PINS makes a big move and then bases for the rest of the quarter. But guiding 70% revenue growth, posting a 42% ebidta margin, net income 29% of revenue, strong international growth, this might be a multi day runner. Don’t fomo, be smart, if you want in, take a position but don’t drop 100k in one day.

Just a personal rule of mine for new buys right before an ER. I personally want some cushion to hold through the report and if you buy day of or day before you don’t have that.

Thanks for the advice. Good to know for next time. I bought like 2 shares of PTON and 5 shares of SNAP just for kicks earlier today on a dip. It was a nice run up before close. Should've dumped then, but I'm still banned from day trading lol. Lesson learned. Rather learn it losing like 25 bucks than on a bigger play

Thanks for the advice. Good to know for next time. I bought like 2 shares of PTON and 5 shares of SNAP just for kicks earlier today on a dip. It was a nice run up before close. Should've dumped then, but I'm still banned from day trading lol. Lesson learned. Rather learn it losing like 25 bucks than on a bigger play
Dont dump those. They have huge upside. If you have funds left over, consider adding to PTON. Usually with high volatility stocks like these, pre-earnings run ups are normal and will have a sell off after earnings. Tbh, I sold out of PTON completely late last year. I regret it. I've got some exposure through Affirm but I'm about to add PTON back to my portfolio tomorrow if the selloff continues.

Last edited:
PTON can come down under 140 and that looks very sexy

PINS breakdown is stupid
Its operating margin per cent (profitability) is larger than Apple and it matched Facebook.

It’s not just that the company beat on every metric.

It’s not just that user growth is exploding.

It’s not just that E-commerce growth is exploding. (And automatic bidding for shopping ads only launched in September.)

It’s not just that video growth is exploding.

It’s that the profitability metrics the company reported were nothing short of Microsoft like.

In the world of software there is a fun little rule — the rule of 40.

It takes revenue growth as a per cent and adds adjusted earnings before interest expense, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) as a per cent, and if those two numbers added together sum to 40, then the company qualifies for this golden rule.

Pinterest delivered 76% revenue growth with adjusted EBITDA of 42%.

That is, 76 + 42 = 118.

Yes, it’s not that Pinterest surpassed the rule of 40, it’s that it has surpassed a level that there isn’t even a name for.

It’s the rule of 100 (?).

I wrote publicly that the current valuation models by analysts for Pinterest [are] ‘just broken.’

That the company, its opportunity in totality, is just bigger than people thought.

It’s more profitable than people thought.

Back
Top Bottom