OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

How these platforms make money is buying selling transaction data of its users to hedge funds. Said proposed legislation would stop that and thus take away revenue, not from just Robinhood, but other platforms that engage in the practice. IPOE is attached to Chamath who has a similar platform to Robinhood call SOFI Active investing that engages in the practice. This could cause IPOE and the like to drop.
Think it would be a good buying opportunity if it gets beat up. Most of their revenue is from lending and Galileo.

On who CURI is based in in Silver Spring, MD?! DMV stand up, might have to go in off the strength of that alone :lol: :nthat:

Kinda funny how there are quite a few prominent Ed tech companies based in the DMV, especially considering this is primarily a govt/mil based area (with the exception of Amazon recently, obviously).. TWOU and EAB both are DMV-based, for example. I bet they talent poach like crazy in these companies.

I’m not good at math but did a rough estimate. YouTube is worth $600 using ROKU as a comp and if ROKU scaled to YouTube’s annual revenue of 15-20 billion it would be a $3000 stock($360 billion MC). Would need 30% of the linear TV ad TAM to get there without any other added revenue source (I think they steal ad money from social media at some point).

Can u talk about how u chose your entry point? Or was this purely a fundamental play?
I had a limit set at just above the low and it never triggered. Thought we would see it hug that 15.30 range and it almost did. Hope I'm not kicking myself for not going up .30 cents.

I purchase 20 shares on my Roth IRA this morning when they were a little red. Ended the day green again. Planning on holding long term, at least until the end of the year. Wonder what the NT experts think. Is it a fairly safe long term hold?
Ark balls long should be in everyone’s portfolio

Can u talk about how u chose your entry point? Or was this purely a fundamental play?
with CURI? That’s just a fundamental play where I honestly haven’t worried about entry, just bought dips that came around.
Thoughts on General Motors announcing they are going full electric?
idk what their battery will be like, but I actually do like them as a sneaky EV play with FSD potential thanks to Cruise. I imagine Ford partners with Waymo so there’s that to consider as well.
that’s just sad. This was my biggest worry. I’ve been getting dm’s from people about what should I do, I’m down 60% and it’s like well that’s on you. I’m never afraid to hit the bid and never look back. That’s why it’s so important to have a stop or max pain before you take any trade.

PYPL numbers were good. Crypto users found they used the app 2x more than they did before crypto. Should bode well for SQ. Plan on adding more if it can clear that supply zone around 233. Although I wonder if I should wait for earnings in case they sell it. We’ll see. But I want to make this a bigger position. Think right now it’s just behind Disney in my book.

digital wallets are a $4.2 trillion opportunity according to Ark

Last edited:
Apple reportedly going to use Hyundai to make an EV. **** yeah get in Apple :pimp:

Hope GOEV gets a taste of that....

Apple is not the type to just wake up and now start working on this....they must have designs/specs approved for at least a year now....I can see cars hitting streets in 23 very limited....how they like it

Back
Top Bottom