OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

On the other hand, it’s kinda sketchy the Bloomberg rumours been out for a while now and the deal hasn’t closed. They wanna be public by spring, this might be the only way

Them and Google would run 50% into that split. Would love it personally. Hoping this bids up SHOP but hasn’t happened yet :lol:
There were rumors about it two weeks ago I think it happens. You can't ignore the impact of retail money in this market. Tesla split and in three months Musk went from I think #4 to #1. That doesn't happen without the stock getting "cheap" at 400$ and it's already flirting with 1000$ again.

What is a realistic split target? Even at 8 to 1 you are looking at a $400 stock. That's rich for retail folks.

But based on AAPL and TSLA, I should put every dollar I have into it before the split, correct?

What is a realistic split target? Even at 8 to 1 you are looking at a $400 stock. That's rich for retail folks.

But based on AAPL and TSLA, I should put every dollar I have into it before the split, correct?
It did seem like they ran more pre split, anyone have the #s, and rationale?

Rumors of an amzn split????
I’m bout to go to my Roth IRA and switch all my SQ/TSLA to Amazon if that’s the case

Is it though? We just saw people reach for freaking Gamestop at $300. People can and should pay $400 for the biggest company that exists that is encroached in all facets of our existence.

Lookin at my lil 25 cciv shares, pissed... Shoulda bought more.

Feel like the word is out tho. Deal impending.

What does it mean by Amazon splitting?

Yes, noob question.

I been trying to learn about stock trading for the past month and got distracted by these meme stocks. Once the AMC stock gets back to the price I bought it at I’m selling and getting back to YouTube University to get back to learning the fundamentals

What does it mean by Amazon splitting?

Yes, noob question.

I been trying to learn about stock trading for the past month and got distracted by these meme stocks. Once the AMC stock gets back to the price I bought it at I’m selling and getting back to YouTube University to get back to learning the fundamentals
Pretty much the stock price would get divided by whatever they decide. Its pretty much a cosmetic change so that it looks cheaper.

Amz is currently $3,380. Let say they announce a 4:1 split. At a certain date, the stock price would get divided by 4, so itd be $845 per share for buyers. For those already holding amz stock, the amount of shares they hold would be multiplied by 4 so it balances out dollar wise.

Trying to focus on building my holdings of solid dividend growth companies. I’ve owned SCHD for a few years, but I would like to start focusing on buying individual companies with price appreciation and dividend growth. Starting a feeler position in ABBV and ABT based, but want to find some other name outside of the Pharma space.

Back
Top Bottom