OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Supply chain constraints. Basically they havent figured out how to deliver products faster, and might be incurring big expenses to speed up the process. Oversold imo. Should run over the next couple weeks, especially if Joe wins and announces "strong measures" to end COVID.

Their supply chain is definitely messed up rn, they have a ton of 99% completed bikes waiting for a single remaining part...

They're opening 2 assembly plants in the US though, which should help tremendously once up and running

Their supply chain is definitely messed up rn, they have a ton of 99% completed bikes waiting for a single remaining part...

They're opening 2 assembly plants in the US though, which should help tremendously once up and running
Good info :pimp: Didnt know the details of the supply issues. Having more localized production will be massive in them controlling market share in the future. Soul Cycle can suck it.

@everyone Broad Market thoughts

I’m somewhat wary of the market right now, seeing VIX creeping up past hour. We are about near the trendline resistance from the top on SP500 / NASDAQ. This would line up with the consolidation triangle chart I posted yesterday if we hit the short term top today. Also seasonality chart that’s been posted multiple times indicates we may be at a short term top. Reposted here. Take a look at DIX too it’s been pulling back past couple days.

This is just an idea / haven’t decided to trade off of it yet but it’s definitely something I’m keeping an eye on
image0.png

Been holding small position of NET since March when people were comparing it to FSLY, but for some reason it did run up the same FSLY did over the summer. Thought about completely exiting the position in August when it touched the $33 area, but keep a few shares hanging around to see what happens. After selling SQ when it dropped from $160 to the $130s in the summer, I’ve realized it’s pointless to completely exit some of these growth stocks if the narrative of the stock has not changed.

I always thought NET had a better upside than FSLY. Many thought otherwise. I had a pretty sizeable position in NET but trimmed (luckily for decent profit) in anticipation of an earnings drop. Was going to buy back in.

Lol...welp, that didn't happen. Still have a good amount of shares with a cost basis in the mid $30s. So I'll continue to look for good entry points.

TTD popping nicely.

I was eyeing the stock when it was $200, never pulled the trigger :smh:

I bought NET at $57 and sold it all this morning for profits. Will buy back in at the pullback for sure.

Thoughts on solar ETF/s? TAN looks strong for the long term play.
Your account, but on a gap up like today on strong volume and strong earnings, you should be adding, not selling (trimming if you need to raise cash or deleverage, but not exiting completely for a pullback).
TTD popping nicely.

I was eyeing the stock when it was $200, never pulled the trigger :smh:
I sold it $200 ago after making an easy $200 per share in a month. This is why you don't sell winners :lol:

Trimmed a little of the SQ I bought around 188 last night, added PGNY with some of the money, sold more put spreads in PINS Jan 23 55-50s for 2.90.

PTON needs to get their supply chain straight ASAP. There's no way they're not going to see an uptick in orders for holiday seasons, especially as COVID rises.

Lotto guess - TSLA pops once Biden is officially President-elect

PTON needs to get their supply chain straight ASAP. There's no way they're not going to see an uptick in orders for holiday seasons, especially as COVID rises.

Lotto guess - TSLA pops once Biden is officially President-elect
Bruh annual bonuses hit and Yuppy Becky's are splurging. These 4-6 week delays about to be 14-16 week delays if they dont fix the supply chain.

Someone get Elon on the phone with Peloton.

Making one option trade a day has been
Lovely and less stressful

I know sometimes the market has it where you can possibly make more than one trade
But I don’t like having to stare at charts damn near all day

I got into this market to one day have financial freedom but being in front of a monitor from 9 am to 3 everyday is something I don’t want to do

Traded spy calls off the bounce sold when it started consolidating and called it a day

It tried to dump but failed numerous times

Making one option trade a day has been
Lovely and less stressful

I know sometimes the market has it where you can possibly make more than one trade
But I don’t like having to stare at charts damn near all day

I got into this market to one day have financial freedom but being in front of a monitor from 9 am to 3 everyday is something I don’t want to do

Traded spy calls off the bounce sold when it started consolidating and called it a day

It tried to dump but failed numerous times

I agree. I was running like 3 to 5 options trades a day. I'm down to 2.

I am currently leaning pretty damn bullish on the market long term. I think there is a good chance we see NATH by the end of the year. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is what caused the recent rally: Investors don’t care too much about who becomes president anymore since Republicans have control of the Senate now, and they will be able to block any strict cooperate taxes. Investors are no longer scared of Biden and a lot of money is flowing back into tech/growth stocks. Regardless of who wins, I believe we will continue to run long term. Short term I think we should see a decent pullback as we left a pretty big gap, but this pullback should be a BTD opportunity for long term plays IMO.

Also I haven’t been trading actively (been watching closely though) last 2 weeks since there was still a lot of volatility and I personally didn’t find any good risk/reward or A+ setups. There were definitely a few good setups but with market conditions, wasn’t confident enough to play. Less is more. However, with the direction becoming more clear, I am definitely going to be more active and will be posting more plays again. Let’s end this year with a BANG! @everyon

I agree. I was running like 3 to 5 options trades a day. I'm down to 2.

I don’t know how y’all do all that man sometimes I might get 10% a day on trades the only time I make more than 1 is if the trade goes in the opposite direction and I have to reposition myself or if I’m in a good trade and the trend changes after that other wise I’m good

That piece of mind is good I love being done before 12 he’ll sometimes done before 10

Like just look at the Spy chart after it bounced or the low it’s been a **** show ever since

Big red candles turn green in the same minute
2 minute pumps falling back down
2 minute dumps doing the same

5 minute down trend being a nothing Burger

I can only imagine the frustration

I might not get financially where I want as fast but as long as I keep building I have no problem

Last edited:
I don’t know how y’all do all that man sometimes I might get 10% a day on trades the only time I make more than 1 is if the trade goes in the opposite direction and I have to reposition myself of if I’m in a good trade and the trend changes after that other wise I’m good

That’s piece of mind is good I love being done before 12 he’ll sometimes done before 10

Like just look at the Spy chart after it bounced or the low it’s been a **** show ever since

Big red candles turn green in the same minute
2 minute pumps falling back down
2 minute dumps sound the same

5 minute down trend being a nothing Burger

I can only imagine the frustration

I might not get financially where I want as fast but as long as I keep building I have no problem

Building is all that matters...

Bruh annual bonuses hit and Yuppy Becky's are splurging. These 4-6 week delays about to be 14-16 week delays if they dont fix the supply chain.

Someone get Elon on the phone with Peloton.

Their shipping dates are all F'd too. My buddy's SIL ordered one that was supposed to be delivered 3 weeks ago, and the day before the estimated arrival due... they were notified it wont be there until Dec 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom