OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What's your guys' strategy for choosing a price level at which to enter a stock? I know its impossible to time the market, but generally what do you guys do in your efforts to nail an attractive entry? Currently want to add to my position in a few stocks since they're hot, but I don't want to get caught at the peak of a run up and get killed on a pullback.

I would take a lot of things into consideration. News, how the rest of the market is doing, support and resistance levels in charts and the occasional
Fibonacci numbers to validate entry points, granted those work best during trends.

Is HMNY dead or is it worth a gamble? Seems like huge potential to pop if they solve that money problem.

12EC800D-31FE-44FC-8792-F2ED15DB3368.png

Bought this two days ago I’m glad I didn’t sell it yesterday or this morning
This weeks day trade is doing ok
And I’m kinda down with Turtle Beach overall
But I’m confident it’s going to bounce back

Finally decided to BTD on HUYA....at $46.30...so not really a dip, but a dip off the high. The second I get in it plummets to $43. :smh:

Luckily it rebounded and closed at my entry point, but I was salty. Been patient as can be to wait for a solid dip and I finally get one and I was early. If I give it another minute I would have seen the real dip and snagged a better entry.

Finally decided to BTD on HUYA....at $46.30...so not really a dip, but a dip off the high. The second I get in it plummets to $43. :smh:

Luckily it rebounded and closed at my entry point, but I was salty. Been patient as can be to wait for a solid dip and I finally get one and I was early. If I give it another minute I would have seen the real dip and snagged a better entry.

How many shares did you buy

Yo anyone try the acorn app? Any thoughts or reviews on it. I just signed up with it thru my paypal and I’m thinking it seems like an easy way to introduce myself into stocks.

Any other things you guys can recommend me as a complete newb in the stock market?

Yo anyone try the acorn app? Any thoughts or reviews on it. I just signed up with it thru my paypal and I’m thinking it seems like an easy way to introduce myself into stocks.

Any other things you guys can recommend me as a complete newb in the stock market?

I use Robinhood and M1 finance
Acorn is super trash imo I’m not cool with not knowing what companies my portfolio ducks with
That’s why I use M1 for my long term holdings because you can choose which companies you want to invest in and make a watchlist with those selections in them so you won’t be out here checking the account day to day and you can buy franctionak shares which is cool that’s why I end my conversations about the stock market when people say they can’t afford to
I think everybody should be doing something anything that can potentially make your money grow
But that’s a whole different conversation

Reactions: Ube
Man did I dodge a bullet exiting my VRX position on Friday.

Makes up for mistiming the bottom of that HUYA dip...and then some :lol:

Last edited:
F0B7B097-335D-4E03-8D77-36E58FE50AC9.png
0D7EC597-B2D2-4A22-B1F5-EB57ECC41E67.png

Missed that whole play because I swear I didn’t want to buy anything in $5
You win some you lose some but I was thinking of buying $250 worth that could have easily turned into a $500 flip in profit

Up 40% on TNDM with this latest development....

But HUYA/BILI destroyed me. Lesson learned on chasing trends and FOMO trading. Gotta ride this out now.

Short term portfolio been getting beat the **** up this week except for Monday

Long term is still in the green
NFLX always coming through
I’m not selling anything that down I’m just going to wait it out and add more while it’s down **** it (shoulder shrug)

Short term portfolio been getting beat the **** up this week except for Monday

Long term is still in the green
NFLX always coming through
I’m not selling anything that down I’m just going to wait it out and add more while it’s down **** it (shoulder shrug)

Seems like you're a pretty active trader. do you use robinhood to trade daily since its free? I can't imagine buying and selling that often knowing that it cost $7/transaction.

I'm more of a long term guy and I use Merrill Edge. If you have over 50K in your accounts (Merrill or BoA), you get 30 free trades/month. FYI

Back
Top Bottom