OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Low risk since it’s so cheap. Tencent has a stake so it may turn it into something like whatsapp? Idk. Scared money don’t make no money

I hear you...there are much better companies to put your investment behind imo tho, especially in the tech sector.

Snap is a kinda trash product. At best, it flops around like TWTR's price did for years or it could continue as a playground for bears and see it's price hit single digits.

I don't see a path for profitability for them in the next couple quarters.

Good luck tho.

I hear you...there are much better companies to put your investment behind imo tho, especially in the tech sector.

Snap is a kinda trash product. At best, it flops around like TWTR's price did for years or it could continue as a playground for bears and see it's price hit single digits.

I don't see a path for profitability for them in the next couple quarters.

Good luck tho.

Any suggestions on what to invest in the tech sector? Have a couple grand to play around with. Have some invested in AMD but want to diversify more.

My goal is just for SNAP to hit 14 to be honest.

TIA!

Any suggestions on what to invest in the tech sector? Have a couple grand to play around with. Have some invested in AMD but want to diversify more.

You should look at NVDA. They are doing much better than AMD. Of course, it’s more expensive, but AMD really can’t compete with them.

SNAP is far from cheap given they lost $400M last quarter.

I like the idea of investing in Musk but TSLA is so overvalued I won't touch it again until they prove they can do the basic stuff they say they'll do.

You should look at NVDA. They are doing much better than AMD. Of course, it’s more expensive, but AMD really can’t compete with them.

Yeah I know. I’ve been watching NVDA around the same time as AMD but went with AMD cause it was cheaper of course. This was all when NVDA and AMD were at ~$50 and ~$2 or so respectively. At the time I didn’t have much capital to play with. Sigh regrets

SNAP is far from cheap given they lost $400M last quarter.

I like the idea of investing in Musk but TSLA is so overvalued I won't touch it again until they prove they can do the basic stuff they say they'll do.
They'll get there. They were a product of their own hype for a while, but the cynics and bears are getting a hold of it now. I'm hoping to see a solid drop in stock price before buying more, because even at $300 I think their current price is expensive looking at the short term opportunities.

Long term, several years out, TSLA will either be languishing dead in a pile of ****, or they'll be dominant across multiple industries. I'm betting on the latter.

Im in with SQ, Intel, VRX Long hold.

I see SQ being $60 mid/late 2018
Intel $65
And VRX is being projected to just pop up due to the new CEO paying off massive debts and gaining investors trust again.
(Someone from another invedtment platform wrote " rumor has it, amazon planning to buy VRX.") Im down withthat. Do not miss this ship.

I missed out of SQ at the beginning of the year to what it is now..

My current portfolio.
7ADC09CF-65D6-4147-B18E-B3C95777B2D2.jpeg
864C585D-7269-41EB-A284-35C6FAC35C11.jpeg

ALK is tempting me right now... trading off 52 wk lows, seemingly undervalued. But I haven't done enough research to know how the airline industry forecast looks, or how big of an impact rising fuel costs will have. But so tempting.

Interested to see how the coming fed increase is going to impact housing prices especially in the bay area

Yo why you think that? It dropped from 250 to 15 ? What’s so special about it rising soon?

Old management bought assets at over valued price. Really bad management.

New ceo making turn around paying debt. Reducing interest rate on debt. Fda approval on new drugs. Ceo has a contract, when SP reaches $65 milestone.. He gets X amount of millions paid out.

Ceo is a former ceo of another Pharma company which he also turn around.. List goes on.

I bought in around $12 and only average up since. Now at $15 average. Exit price would be $200 or when CEO steps down. Whichever comes first for me.

Big players also coming in now as they see a positive turn around.

But these are my opinions and experience.
Up to you how you want to invest.. But i see nothing but green with the company in the emxr coming years.

And ar current stock price, its way under valued. Should be at $25+ EOY or ealy next year.

Valeant is a carcass that all hedge funds invested in 2013-2015. The company tanked in <1 year.

Company is over-levered (peep the interest expenses vs. revenue), is dealing with the Allergan settlement, and can't divest any of its businesses for less than carrying value.

A lot of bad stuff mixed with some good. It has no other way to go but up, but who knows?

Valeant is a carcass that all hedge funds invested in 2013-2015. The company tanked in <1 year.

Company is over-levered (peep the interest expenses vs. revenue), is dealing with the Allergan settlement, and can't divest any of its businesses for less than carrying value.

A lot of bad stuff mixed with some good. It has no other way to go but up, but who knows?

Prices are very still much on the low end since downfall.. Only difference is.. Way more positive news, 5 billion in debt has been paid since Q3 ER. Vyzulta launch coming, fda approval on new products down the pipeline.. Great team under new CEO Joe Papa.. Etc.. For those reasons i cannpt see this company going anything but up long term. 80% of my portfolio is in VRX.

Looks like Twitter is going to make a nice jump. Holding down 10 shares right now. Wonder if it will be able to get back in the $70 range.

Back
Top Bottom