OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

the one thing that's being consistently overlooked so far by y'all is penetration. 2% penetration of a $12B TAM gives them still a decent runway for growth. Right now earnings are basically from repeat use, if they can penetrate 5-10%, it does open up their market quite a bit. I'm a tech guy so FIGS doesn't really excite me, but there's some interesting parts of the business

figs getting cancelled by a lot Of people tho because of a social media post of a”dumb women nurse”

Old news, they dropped the ball some months ago on that, they’ve handled it well, apologized and made good changes, including a big focus on female DO’s which was the demographic they ignorantly offended, whatever damage that mistake caused is already factored in and it wasn’t much, what I found funny is how other competing scrub brands childishly came at them for that :lol:

and idk why people in healthcare would use expensive scrubs. You soil them, gotta trash them. At least I do

Fair point, I spend 80% of my time outside my house in scrubs these days, I personally don’t wanna walk around uncomfortable in some ill fitting scrubs for 12 hours a shift, also hospital scrubs don’t take many washes before they start to look even worst...I wash my Figs regularly and even the dark colors look as new after well over a year.

Old news, they dropped the ball some months ago on that, they’ve handled it well, apologized and made good changes, including a big focus on female DO’s which was the demographic they ignorantly offended, whatever damage that mistake caused is already factored in and it wasn’t much, what I found funny is how other competing scrub brands childishly came at them for that :lol:
I know you were/are an influencer for a few things (itsjcrewbro). Are you an influencer for this figs brand?

Man the whole not look at your portfolio and just hold working well lol….let’s keep riding! Roku man!! Glad Peleton is recovering, with pandemic ending and all that negative press they had with their faulty treadmills had me worried

now's the time to be doing that research, looking for your next opportunities, creating plans for pull backs/corrections to take advantage of the volatility.

when it's here, you'll be ready.

Man the whole not look at your portfolio and just hold working well lol….let’s keep riding! Roku man!! Glad Peleton is recovering, with pandemic ending and all that negative press they had with their faulty treadmills had me worried
HODL and ignore is usually a good strategy. Check in every now and then to make sure your port is stable, but ignoring the short-term macro events is usually the smart move if you're working with a decade+ time frame. Tech had a WILD inflow, a major outflow, and now we're rebounding again with the smart money realizing the biggest losers were on sale. On the grand scheme, the stretch from Dec 2020 to March 2022 will be seen as an overblown selloff and a good buying opportunity.

Re: PTON. $BECKY doesnt lose 8)

Would you rather have $500 million now or $5 every day for the rest of your life?

The correct answer $5 everyday for the rest of your life. This is what passive income is.

DM me for my financial tips and tricks.
My man, you trippin, give me the 500 milli

my guy is out here pumping his bags as an ambassador smh

I’m not pumping anything, I’ve been invested in plenty of stocks and crypto and ive never pumped or even suggested anyone to buy anything, I’m just sharing my insight on this company, a company which I’ve supported and followed HEAVY long before they even went public, ya can do with that info as you all wish :shrugs

Figs was the first stock RH made available via IPO access. I thought about jumping in but ultimately let it pass. RH is now offering Clear Secure. Might cop for the IPO pump.

Anyway, Steezy, if you don't mind sharing, what are the perks of being a brand ambassador? Are you getting free gear? Shares? Etc? Also, how did you become a brand ambassador?

Figs was the first stock RH made available via IPO access. I thought about jumping in but ultimately let it pass. RH is now offering Clear Secure. Might cop for the IPO pump.

Anyway, Steezy, if you don't mind sharing, what are the perks of being a brand ambassador? Are you getting free gear? Shares? Etc? Also, how did you become a brand ambassador?

the perks vary from ambassador to ambassador and is measured by your number of followers, your content, how you represent the brand and a few other things, they don’t really put preassure on how you run your social media, one you are in, you are in....they’ve built a family atmosphere, pretty similar to what we have here, a social platform you share with other people with a common interest, at some point a brand ambassador is offered a partnership, which now comes with a contractual obligationand a salary, how much that is? That also varies I assume, part of the perks include paid ad campaigns, like I said before while they hire models to do their campaigns, they also use the ambassadors and pay them for their image when it’s used, majority of the ads you’ll see in 30ft banners in Times Square, plastered on city buses and trains are in fact real healthcare workers, in an atmosphere where as healthcare workers we realize a hospital don’t give two ****s about us and rips us off, this company does the opposite, they give us a platform to connect, vent, laugh, etc,some get paid, some get adiscount code, some get monthly allowances, the perks are plenty and I seriously doubt any major company is doing this For average Joe’s, some of their most notorious ambassadors don’t even have 4k followers, but they are incredible nurses or doctors and Figs has given them opportunities to advance their lives more than some ******** hospital ever would....with that said it doesn’t shock me the company is doing as well as it is since going public and I’m sure it has much more room to grow.

Anyone have a espp option at their job? Mine offers 15% off. I’m reading it’s an easy finesse to max out my yearly buy of 25k and sell it right away. Come out 15% more than when I bought it. Does it really work that easy?
Nah you can’t do that. I participate in mine, I’ll be honest I don’t know exactly how it works. But I know the company buys the stock twice a year in my case. I’ve been doing it for 2 years now and I remember when I started, it was June/July 2019 and I didn’t actually own any company stock until their Jan or February purchase. I was like “oh wow I’ve had money deducted from my check for 6 months but I don’t actually have anything yet? 😂

Back
Top Bottom