:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The Lincoln EZ cleaner is the truth.  Check a page or so back and see what I did to some GS cool greys. 
I'd been seeing multiple dudes on YouTube use it on VIIs, but one of the first videos I watched said it changes the texture on Nubuck...any idea if that's really the case?

Also, is there anywhere I might be able to grab it locally so I don't have to wait on shipping?

I'd been seeing multiple dudes on YouTube use it on VIIs, but one of the first videos I watched said it changes the texture on Nubuck...any idea if that's really the case?

Also, is there anywhere I might be able to grab it locally so I don't have to wait on shipping?
I got mine from Ebay.   As for the nubuck, the texture seems the same.   Just clean it, then wipe it with a cloth and get it dry quickly.  I put my pair in front of a fan on low speed to help with the drying. 

I got mine from Ebay.   As for the nubuck, the texture seems the same.   Just clean it, then wipe it with a cloth and get it dry quickly.  I put my pair in front of a fan on low speed to help with the drying. 
Awesome dude thanks a ton...gonna buy some tonight.

For nubuck I usually just use the footlocker brand cleaner and the brush that comes with it. Haven't had any problems with it so far after years. Haven't tried it on white suede though so idk

For nubuck I usually just use the footlocker brand cleaner and the brush that comes with it. Haven't had any problems with it so far after years. Haven't tried it on white suede though so idk

The material on the CDP VIIs is like a weird crossbreed between suede and Nubuck...lol it's not as 'nappy' as suede is but not as smooth as Nubuck either.

The material on the CDP VIIs is like a weird crossbreed between suede and Nubuck...lol it's not as 'nappy' as suede is but not as smooth as Nubuck either.

Yeah I have my pair but I haven't got em dirty yet and hopefully they stay that way lol

Midsole paint cracking/chipping away....gotta love that right??

And it can happen on the very 1st wear....? Jeez!!! Well Im not waiting for that any more!!

There is numerous procedures/things you can do to ensure a longer midsole life...not all including a repaint,

1, Purchase and insert a GEL sports insole of your choice (if enough room in your kicks)

I place the extra insole in my kicks to absorb more impact,rather than the midsole taking my complete weight.This really helps prevent cracking!!!

2. The process in which to repaint your midsoles can be as thorough as you want!!

You can simply strip all paint with acetone,and then repaint in Angelus Le\ther Acryllics...or an acryllic of your choice,and job done!!

But I chose a more robust approach.

This is my method for the AIR JORDAN III B.C for e.g,

I. Mask all areas around the white portion of midsole in FROG TAPE (for perfect,uncompromising lines)

II. Strip all white paint from midsole using acetone (applied with cotton balls/pads)

III, Clean midsole with warm soapy water and leave to dry (20mins min)

IV. Using the finest grade sand/glass paper, lightly sand the midsole in order to create a key the acryllic can better adhere to. you should not see any visible change in the surface integrity after sanding...this is a VERY LIGHT sanding only.

V. Remove all fine dust from midsole...you may not see any,but its there I assure you.I use a hairdryer.( may have to re-tape/mask now)

VI. Apply first coat of paint.

(Your weapon of choice depends soley on you.brushes can provide a great finish if applied in enough ultra thin coats..but ultimately an airbrush is less time consuming,and leaves a perfect 'factory finish'.)

VII. Each coat will need approx 20mins to cure at room temp...and amount of coats depends on if your using brushes or an airbrush.

( Brushes approx 5-6 coats, Airbrush 2-3)

VIII. Once happy with the consistency of coverage I strongly urge you to apply 2x coats of Angelus Acrylic Finisher. (This locks and seals the acrylic)

IX. Remove masking tape,and repeat process for the Black portion.

X. Enjoy your kicks!!!!!!!

The confidence in knowing that, whatever may happen I can still have my J's crisp, like straight out the box fresh...is priceless!!! its just going to take a morning of my time to bring them up...and I have like 20+ wears in all mines at least and they holding up neatly.But dont forget that gel insole too....it definately helps in taking majority of the impact away from the midsole.

Hope this helps,,,,,,Good luck

j_rago

Last edited:
Hey earlier in this thread somone told me to use the barkeepers friend to use on my air jordan 6s that have a red tint on my sole and it dosnt seen to be working that well and i was wondering if there were any other suggestions.... I can post pics if thats needed

Air Jordan 4 Black Laser Simple restoration:

I deoxidized the midsole from the yelllowing and also repainted the midsole.

There was an issue with the midsole and could not fix. Due to the shoes being eight years old, there are signs of deterioration.

Enjoy. My ig is @johnandrew00

My email is [email protected]

I am open for swaps and rubber clearing only.

I have fading on the tips of my jordan 4 breds. I don't know what happened. One day I take them out the box and they were faded I only wore them around 10 times. How do I fix this.

i have a pair of chi 10's.. the black midsole and bottom looks dried out or something.. cleaned them with jason markk and this happened.. what can i do if anything?

I have fading on the tips of my jordan 4 breds. I don't know what happened. One day I take them out the box and they were faded I only wore them around 10 
Either buy some suede/nubuck cleaner and if that dosnt work you might have to re dye the suede...  They have some suede dyes at angelusdirect.com but i have never tried it but for my bred 4s I use Kiwi brand nubuck cleaner.

Does anyone know what color paint to buy to repaint aqua 8s? On the turtlefeathers website they have aqua and concord. Would that be the right shade?

Does anyone know what color paint to buy to repaint aqua 8s? On the turtlefeathers website they have aqua and concord. Would that be the right shade?
On Angelusdirect.com they have the specific aqua color under collectors edition

Back
Top Bottom