:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone knows if I can use a Magic Eraser to clean the midsole on OG AJ1? I know that it works well on Retro, put I don't want to mess my fist OGs!

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I tried to search with the Yuku engine... and it's really bad
happy.gif

how much Angelus Paint will i have to use to repaint a midsole??

thanks

remember they come in a 1oz. and 4 oz. bottle

HEY I HAVE THE 42 INCH SHOP LIGHT FROM HOMEDEPOT WITH TWO 40 WATT LIGHTS IN THERE....THEY ARE CALLED DAYLIGHT LIGHTS....WELL I HAVE THE WHOLE SETUP AND HAVEDONE THIS FOR 3 DAYS WITH LITTLE RESULTS IF ANY. IS THAT THE WRONG LIGHT? SOMEONE POST OR TAKE PICS OF THERE SET UP, HELP!! THANKS

Originally Posted by k r e a m

ummmm what can i do to motorsports 23's to get the patent leather on the toe box and tongue to get its shine back it looks kind of dull..... and on the midsole i have some scuffs is there any way to get them off i know other people must have balled in them and had the same problems thanks in advance.....
use either armor all or meguiar's leather wipes to get that "shine" back in the pl. as far as the midsoles, try using magic eraser.if the scuffs are really deep then the magic eraser isn't going to work for you.

Originally Posted by ebpo

Anyone knows if I can use a Magic Eraser to clean the midsole on OG AJ1? I know that it works well on Retro, put I don't want to mess my fist OGs!

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I tried to search with the Yuku engine... and it's really bad
happy.gif

i love using magic eraser. it's great for cleaning up tough areas and it doesn't stain. you should be safe for cleaning up the midsoles on yourog's. you might just want to use regular shoe cleaner for basic cleaning. i only use magic eraser for tougher to get out stains.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

how much Angelus Paint will i have to use to repaint a midsole??

thanks

remember they come in a 1oz. and 4 oz. bottle
i bought a 4 oz. bottle and it has lasted me a while. you shouldn't have to use too much for repainting midsoles. it just really depends onhow many layers your applying. if it's a basic color like white then get the bigger bottle because you'll find yourself using it a lot for touch-ups.

Originally Posted by babycross2011

HEY I HAVE THE 42 INCH SHOP LIGHT FROM HOMEDEPOT WITH TWO 40 WATT LIGHTS IN THERE....THEY ARE CALLED DAYLIGHT LIGHTS....WELL I HAVE THE WHOLE SETUP AND HAVE DONE THIS FOR 3 DAYS WITH LITTLE RESULTS IF ANY. IS THAT THE WRONG LIGHT? SOMEONE POST OR TAKE PICS OF THERE SET UP, HELP!! THANKS
what's up with all the caps? but as far as seeing results i think it's going to take a lot longer than just seaglowing the shoes andleaving them outside in the sun. the light bulbs aren't that high in watts. if you end up going higher in wattage i think the heat will be too much for thesoles and might either melt them or cause some bubbling imo. are you leaving them in the lighting for a long time throughout the day? sorry i don't usethis method for seaglowing. i still think that sunlight is the best source to make the seaglow work it's magic.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by babycross2011

HEY I HAVE THE 42 INCH SHOP LIGHT FROM HOMEDEPOT WITH TWO 40 WATT LIGHTS IN THERE....THEY ARE CALLED DAYLIGHT LIGHTS....WELL I HAVE THE WHOLE SETUP AND HAVE DONE THIS FOR 3 DAYS WITH LITTLE RESULTS IF ANY. IS THAT THE WRONG LIGHT? SOMEONE POST OR TAKE PICS OF THERE SET UP, HELP!! THANKS
what's up with all the caps? but as far as seeing results i think it's going to take a lot longer than just seaglowing the shoes and leaving them outside in the sun. the light bulbs aren't that high in watts. if you end up going higher in wattage i think the heat will be too much for the soles and might either melt them or cause some bubbling imo. are you leaving them in the lighting for a long time throughout the day? sorry i don't use this method for seaglowing. i still think that sunlight is the best source to make the seaglow work it's magic.

Ya i had them under the lights for a total of 62 hours i think imma just wait till it gets really hot

How do I clean the upper part of my concords (the fabric on top of the patent leather)? Can I use bleach on 'em? Or just plain soap and water? I'mafraid that if I do it the wrong way, it might turn yellow.

Need your help friends. Thanks!

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^google barkeepers friend, i think they barkeepers friend in home depot and lowe's as well.

just like he said, get the bkf. cheapest places to find it is wal-mart or target. if you think the bkf is too harsh for your shoes, get rit whitener. bothshould about $2.00.

Originally Posted by Sick Kikz

Can i use lamp light instead of uv sunlight for seaglow??
yes. someone on this thread did a set-up with a desk lamp. check around in this thread for what they used. they did a great job. just check outtheir pics.

^no. it's gonna be there. nothing you can do. this is a popular question especially with the xi's pl. no remedy.

Hey guys, I just bought these shoes and was wondering does anyone know how to get ride of these cracks? Also, do you think these are wearable too? Thanks
df5d_12.JPG
%21BRKfYY%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBJ8mcPF+Jw%7E%7E_12.JPG
%21BRKfeIg%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBJ8mc3PV5%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

Originally Posted by Flamboyant:nerd:1

Hey guys, I just bought these shoes and was wondering does anyone know how to get ride of these cracks? Also, do you think these are wearable too? Thanks
df5d_12.JPG
%21BRKfYY%21%21Wk~%24%28KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvzuyBJ8mcPF+Jw~~_12.JPG
%21BRKfeIg%21Wk~%24%28KGrHgoH-CwEjlLlwwEDBJ8mc3PV5%21~~_12.JPG

if the cracks are only in the painted areas, then you can do touch-ups with angelus paint. if it's the foam that's cracked already, then there'snothing you can do about that. you can check out the restoration thread in the sneaker showcase on how to rebuild the foam. you can try to fill in the crackswith dap caulking to reseal the cracking. but if the shoes have cracked already, then the rest of the shoes are going to crack later on. but from looking atyour pics, i think the foam is pretty dried up.

Originally Posted by jordanpinoy

can you buy angelus paint in stores?
yes. if you have a local hobby or crafts store in your town they might carry it there. this is your best shot for a store to carry it. otherwise,just order it online from turtle feathers or any other place that carries it.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

if the cracks are only in the painted areas, then you can do touch-ups with angelus paint. if it's the foam that's cracked already, then there's nothing you can do about that. you can check out the restoration thread in the sneaker showcase on how to rebuild the foam. you can try to fill in the cracks with dap caulking to reseal the cracking. but if the shoes have cracked already, then the rest of the shoes are going to crack later on. but from looking at your pics, i think the foam is pretty dried up.

What do you mean by the foam is pretty dried? Sorry, I don't know much about this subject

^what i mean by the foam being dried up is the foam around the midsoles. look at how it's cracked. this is due to the fact that the shoes probably sataround for a long time without being worn. any kind of jordans with foam midsoles will dry up if left around for a long time without being worn. if you evernotice any stores that sell older jordan's ds with foam midsoles usually have a discloser of "not recommended for wear" due to this fact. anothertest that will tell you how bad the foam is on your pair is to push you fingernail into the foam. if it doesn't pop back into shape right away and theindention stays for a little while before it goes back to it's shape then your shoes are pretty dry in the foam department. the suede and shape of yourshoes indicate that they were hardly worn at all or if even worn. so if you were to try to wear them around the cracking will only get worse on these to thepoint of sole separation.

the eye llits on my vasity red/steel grey X's is yelloew if you look at the eye lits color and the elastic straps color youll see how they look yellowedhow can i get them back to the steel color is it possible????? thanks pimpjobu for the XX3's help theyre good now

^check back a couple of pages. another member had the same issues with the red/steel x's. i think i answered his question also. believe i said either usesoap and water with a toothbrush or use oxyclean with a toothbrush. but check those other pages. and make sure to un-lace them before you clean them.

Back
Top Bottom