:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

you got a couple of choices- suede/nubuck foam pump, suede/nubuck cleaning spray, or suede/nubuck eraser. if the black scuff marks aren't too bad, use thefoam. just pump it onto the areas and use the brush applicator to brush in and clean off with a towel or paper towel.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

A Barkeeper's Best Friend
Here's an example of WHY we use this stuff from f l e x G T I.

4gzg6eu.jpg

2d2h9o0.jpg

451yewx.jpg

42i8tg6.jpg

2z82nev.jpg

436mqv9.jpg

47ni9sk.jpg

2yoqw5i.jpg

Seriously have any1 tried a barkeepers friend on their jordans?
And is it this 1 of these that he used on his 11

And does the product really works?
And does the product really makes the yellow on shoes turn white?
(Sum1 please answer these question)

^ to answer your question, yes i have used barkeeper's friend. this product does work wonders on the mesh of the xi's. you want to use the powder inthe can, not the liquid cleaner. it whitens it up really good when used correctly. you can use either a toothbrush or a towel to apply the bkf to the mesh,your choice. mix with water to make a paste to rub into the areas. you should see instant results. after your done, make sure you wash off any bkf residue lefton the mesh. if you do end up leaving some on there, it will dry up and make the mesh feel "crunchy". i can honestly say this works much better thanrit.

definitely will be using that when my retro concords start to yellow or i get my hands on a pair of OG concords.

I have a question about sea glow. Can you use it on soles that arent clear just to take the yellow out and make them the original color again? i thought iveread someone doing this before. i was going to try it on some XIIs i just got.

Originally Posted by lebrady23

I have a question about sea glow. Can you use it on soles that arent clear just to take the yellow out and make them the original color again? i thought ive read someone doing this before. i was going to try it on some XIIs i just
From what i know i dont think you can, but someone has mentioned that you can. Someone correct me if im wrong.

gotta remember that some white areas on some jordan's just can be brought back when they start to turn yellow. i'm assuming that the xii's you gotmust be either playoff's or something with a white base to them. the sea glow doesn't work for this. i've tried it on my beater playoff's andit doesn't do anything. even after using basic shoe cleaners or soap and water, if you don't see any improvements, it's safe to say it's goingto stay that color. your choices are to either sand down the area to take away the yellow layer or to just repaint it. this also applies to the pods on thexiii's, too.
- for the creases on the v's, i think the trick that people use with the pillow case and an iron would work here. as long as it's leather, not suede ornubuck, it might take some of the creasing out. but you got to remember this is going to weaken the leather. so the quality of the green bean's is alreadyquestionable. you might end up making it more easier for future creasing in the toe box. just my opinion.

I need some help on the Space Jam XI
I used Sea Glow for a couple of days already.

What I do is, I wash the soles, apply the sea glow on with a cloth and use a toothbrush to kind of coat everywhere.
Afterwards, I leave the shoes outside in day light sometimes in bright sun light and when they are dry I go out and apply some more.

I've done this for a couple of days already but the result is only minimal. What am I doing wrong? Should I buy a srub pad and srub the sea glow onto thesole? Should I keep applying and not wait till the seaglow dries under the sun before I apply more? Help please, this is pretty frustrating...
Thanks ahead.

^didn't you get the synthetic steel wool when you got the bottle of sea glow? if not, this would definately help you in applying sea glow. it allows it toreach deep in the soles to "clear" it back to it's original color. you are doing everything correct. it is a frustrating process that will workwith time and patience. whenever i apply sea glow, i leave it outside in the direct sunlight. when it dries out, i reapply another coat. just depending on howbad the soles looks will dictate how long your gonna have to sea glow.

^no. since it's synthetic, it's really a fine material. the scrathes that it leaves on the soles is so microscopic you can't see it at all. if youdon't have the 3m synthetic steel wool, they do sell it on island girl products. same place where you order the sea glow online.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

gotta remember that some white areas on some jordan's just can be brought back when they start to turn yellow. i'm assuming that the xii's you got must be either playoff's or something with a white base to them. the sea glow doesn't work for this. i've tried it on my beater playoff's and it doesn't do anything. even after using basic shoe cleaners or soap and water, if you don't see any improvements, it's safe to say it's going to stay that color. your choices are to either sand down the area to take away the yellow layer or to just repaint it. this also applies to the pods on the xiii's, too.
- for the creases on the v's, i think the trick that people use with the pillow case and an iron would work here. as long as it's leather, not suede or nubuck, it might take some of the creasing out. but you got to remember this is going to weaken the leather. so the quality of the green bean's is already questionable. you might end up making it more easier for future creasing in the toe box. just my opinion.

yeah its the playoffs that im talking about and so you dont think that would help to try some seaglow on the soles of them heres some pictures: . . that picture makes it look better than it does in personhere's one that shows the yellow more:

^ sea glow will probably end up staining your shoes. so your choices are either sanding or repaint. if repaint, get angelus white paint. just make sure youprep the areas before doing the repaint.

I was planning on repainting some of the white outer also. Where can I get the angelus paint and what do you use to prep it before painting?

for angelus paint try out these sites
shoehardware.com
wardrobesupplies.com
and ipimpkicks.com (which sells everything you will need to prep the area too).

I got some sole separation on my spacejam xi. what brand of shoe goo should i get?
Also, after washing the sea glow off the soles are super sticky.
Anyone know whats happening? Did i put on too much sea glow? What should I do now to get the stickiness off?

^shoe goo i find is the best for the soles on xi's. it's clear and works good. just smear some in the areas where the separation is. spread an evencoat and get something to apply some pressure for a tight fit. as far as the stickiness of the soles, you have too much sea glow on them. leave them outsideuntil the sea glow dries off. any left over sea glow just get a paper towel and wet it down. use this to finish cleaning off the soles and you should be ok.from reading your other post you did use a lot imo. 1/3 of the bottle? i've used about 1/3 of my sea glow but i've cleaned several pairs with it. but ihope it did it's job for clearing up your soles.

yo sneaker maintanance gurus, just need clarifaction on one thing:

I know some people say the washing machine is no good for J's, but I've heard it's striaght for mesh air maxes. I'm about to wash some 87'sand I know the pillow case trick, tie the case off with a shoe string, take the insoles out, don't put them in the dryer, stick socks in them to keep theshape while washing, put dry socks in after the wash to help absorb water while they dry, etc.

my question is, how important is the type of laundry detergent? I have some of that expensive tide stuff that's made for nice clothes, it's a liquid,is that cool? or should I get powder detergent? thanks for any info

Heres more proof that barkeepers friend does work.I know some are still skeptic.Heres some personal pics thatll make you feel better.
before:no tags.bought on ebay

Oh yah, 150.00
pimp.gif
..best deal of my life...FTW

Back
Top Bottom