:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Can I get some tips on how to make my 10's from the cdp stop sqeeking? Its only the 3rd time I wear em. N its annoying like heck! Lol

Originally Posted by SC415

Can I get some tips on how to make my 10's from the cdp stop sqeeking? Its only the 3rd time I wear em. N its annoying like heck! Lol
I have not tried this, but I heard you can take out the insole and apply some baby powder.

^yes. what did you want to know about seaglow? did you check the rest of this thread yet about it? is your question about the product or how to use it?

AJVII: Nubuck/leather again. For the white/light colored shoes, use the Oxy-clean on the tongue, removing the laces. Midsoles on this, especially the white shoes, CAN peel and turn bone white. To prevent, heavy application of Armor All. If already bone white or turning, get a sanding block, 1500 grit or higher. You are trying to lightly scrub off the yellowing, not reform the shoe. A light, light sanding will help get the yellow of, and get you down to the white color again. After that, get 2 or 3 coats of Armor All on.

On my Raptors, I saw a dust spot or smudge on the toe box.. so I used a baby wipe to wipe it off then probably 10-20 mins I realized it then feltvery bumpy and uneven. Did the water do this to the toe box? How can I fix this?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^yes. what did you want to know about seaglow? did you check the rest of this thread yet about it? is your question about the product or how to use it?

hot to use it

^how to use seaglow- ideal for cleaning clear soles on v's, vi's, xi's, and xvi's. can also be used on white rubber areas on the shoes thathave turned yellow. if you got a bottle of seaglow, you should have that steel wool like pad with it. use that only for the white areas that have yellowed toscrub in the seaglow. remove the yellowing with a paper towel to absorb it. make sure you don't get the seaglow around any areas with glue. if you do, wipeaway with a wet paper towel to neutralize it. as far as cleaning the clear sole areas, use a paper towel or rag with seaglow to wipe down those areas. leaveshoes outside in the sun for a couple of hours. depending on how bad your yellowing is you might only have to do this a little or a lot. hope this helps.
^^as far as the raptors feeling bumpy and uneven on the suede- not suppose to clean suede with baby wipes. just gonna ruin it. get some suede cleaner next timeor a suede brush to clean the area up. if this doesn't help, time to use some baby oil to restore the toe box area.

^^Seaglow does not cause the sole separation. The sole separation only comes from the heat melting the glue. That's why some people put ice packs under theshoes while they leave their shoes in the sun...just something I learned from ISS.

I went to Wal-Mart and tried to find some glue for my XI's midsole. I ended up with some type of Gorilla Glue (bad choice?....there was no epoxy or e-6000etc.). The glue has a pointed applicator but the glue spreaded a little on the patent leather. Is there anyway I can get rid of this? Not anything big butworth a try. Thanks for any help.

PS. Can't post pics since the camera is broken.
And does Wal-Mart even carry glue like Epoxy and E-6000?

^don't think wal mart would carry glue like epoxy or e-6000. for that type of adhesive you would have to go to lowe's or home depot or osh. as far asthe gorilla glue type adhesive, i've used gorilla glue for quick fixes for some of my shoes. it works for me so far and haven't had any problems.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^how to use seaglow- ideal for cleaning clear soles on v's, vi's, xi's, and xvi's. can also be used on white rubber areas on the shoes that have turned yellow. if you got a bottle of seaglow, you should have that steel wool like pad with it. use that only for the white areas that have yellowed to scrub in the seaglow. remove the yellowing with a paper towel to absorb it. make sure you don't get the seaglow around any areas with glue. if you do, wipe away with a wet paper towel to neutralize it. as far as cleaning the clear sole areas, use a paper towel or rag with seaglow to wipe down those areas. leave shoes outside in the sun for a couple of hours. depending on how bad your yellowing is you might only have to do this a little or a lot. hope this helps.
^^as far as the raptors feeling bumpy and uneven on the suede- not suppose to clean suede with baby wipes. just gonna ruin it. get some suede cleaner next time or a suede brush to clean the area up. if this doesn't help, time to use some baby oil to restore the toe box area.
thanks man i appreciate it

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

What can i do for the suede on these foamposites and is there n e way i can restore the soles to look a little clearer ?

Definitely thinking about buying me a pair of OGs, also wondering about being able to clear the soles up, would Seaglow work even though the soles are really"clear"?

Also thinking about buying a pair of wht/cement IIIs, how do you clean the white tab in the back? I think a couple people asked but i didnt see an answer.Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the advice given earlier as well.

Can the sole of a pair of cool grey 9's that has turned dark yellow be somewhat restored using sea glow?

also is there any way to clean off stains on the nubuck on the cool grey 9's?

^suede/nubuck eraser. be gentle with it so it doesn't tear into the materials. also try suede/nubuck cleaner spray.
^^try mr clean magic eraser. used it on my pair of white cement iii's. helps clean it up a little bit. just depends on how bad the yellowing is on the backtab.

so im getting a beat pair of concords
i read about rit and barkeeper friend
which should i use?
walmart carries both right?
and are there any house hold products that will do just as good?
and is seaglow the only option for the sole?

^from what i hear barkeeper works a lil better and i think seaglow is the only option.... someone correct me if im wrong.

^i don't think the suede can be saved on the foams. it's already chipped so it's only going to get worse over time. if the soles are of the samematerials as other clear soles on other jordan shoes, i think the seaglow would work for them.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

^from what i hear barkeeper works a lil better and i think seaglow is the only option.... someone correct me if im wrong.

okay
i can buy it at walmart right?

^im not sure, im quite sure you can find it online though..... just google sea glow. And thanks pimpjobu.

Back
Top Bottom