:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

oops, this is actually Nubuck (not suede) stupid me. the picture doesn't do it justice, the light line scratch is def more see-able in person. if anyone knows if i can use a regular shoe/footlocker nubuck eraser or mr clean magic eraser would it cause more damage? recommend me a a safe product I can use to remove the the scratch.

oops, this is actually Nubuck (not suede) stupid me. the picture doesn't do it justice, the light line scratch is def more see-able in person. if anyone knows if i can use a regular shoe/footlocker nubuck eraser or mr clean magic eraser would it cause more damage? recommend me a a safe product I can use to remove the the scratch.

Footlocker has this product by "mint" its a brush and a eraser thing its a little rectangle and should say nubuck an suede something but you rub the eraser thing on the scratch then rub the brush over it, works wonders trust me,

Footlocker has this product by "mint" its a brush and a eraser thing its a little rectangle and should say nubuck an suede something but you rub the eraser thing on the scratch then rub the brush over it, works wonders trust me,
Thanks...i think I know what you're talking about, do you have a link or pic of it. Isn't it the thing that people use for timberland boots and the product has a compartment underneath the brush where the eraser goes. Anyway, I'll look for it.

Anyone know how to stop shoes from squeaking? I've tried baby powder under the insole but it usually only works for 1 wear, and doesn't work at all on some shoes.

LIncoln EZ cleaner + toothbrush for best results

or the Footlocker foam stuff if its not that serious. 

The new formula of retrobrite took off a few stains. It looks like it will take a few sessions to fully remove yellowing, but it works.
any one know how to clean the red(suede..nubuck whatever) on the blk/red xiii?

sorry i thought i attached pics

Lincoln EZ cleaner should do well on them.

what about this?

Anyway to prevent cracking and chipping on jordan 3s? I worn my Bc3 like once and scared to wear them again due to chipping? Any good input u will get repped

I use that cleaner for all my soles never used it on suede or nubuck, when I received my Concords from FNL there was a black dot on the mesh and I applied that stuff to it (without using the Brussels) let sit and keep wiping and drying with a white clean towel, came out perfect an instantly

right i dont want to discolor the red

Anyone know how to stop shoes from squeaking? I've tried baby powder under the insole but it usually only works for 1 wear, and doesn't work at all on some shoes.
A larger amount of baby powder should work for awhile. I used to use lotion on my shoes. I took out the insole and rubbed it on the inside of the shoe. Then I places excess inside and put the insole back on.
LIncoln EZ cleaner + toothbrush for best results

or the Footlocker foam stuff if its not that serious. 
The new formula of retrobrite took off a few stains. It looks like it will take a few sessions to fully remove yellowing, but it works.
any one know how to clean the red(suede..nubuck whatever) on the blk/red xiii?

sorry i thought i attached pics

Lincoln EZ cleaner should do well on them.

what about this?
I used to buy that, it won't do your shoes any hard, but it isn't the best cleaner.
Anyway to prevent cracking and chipping on jordan 3s? I worn my Bc3 like once and scared to wear them again due to chipping? Any good input u will get repped
Change out your insoles. 

Thanks for the input guys, is there any other retros that has bad chipping or peeling I should know about besides BC3s? Thanks more rep

Thanks for the input guys, is there any other retros that has bad chipping or peeling I should know about besides BC3s? Thanks more rep
3s, 4s, and 5s chip often.

6s tend to take longer to chip paint. 8s chip hard, it doesnt take long either. 

Everything else is fine and wont chip for a long time if they chip at all

Yea to bad half my collection is 4s lol I bought every four last year except for the thunders...

Repped. Thank you very much. Is mr clean magic eraser safe to use though? I will try to rub lightly but it's not something that will significantly hard the material even more right?
It's safe to use as long as you don't scrub/rub to hard. If you do you might scratch the shoe even more. Just rub it slowly and aim for the scratch area. As long as you aren't scrubbing too hard it should be fine. It's kind of like an eraser go to hard on a paper and you'll rip it. You just want to go softly on this but go extremely softly so you don't damage the shoe anymore. 

It's safe to use as long as you don't scrub/rub to hard. If you do you might scratch the shoe even more. Just rub it slowly and aim for the scratch area. As long as you aren't scrubbing too hard it should be fine. It's kind of like an eraser go to hard on a paper and you'll rip it. You just want to go softly on this but go extremely softly so you don't damage the shoe anymore. 
Instead of the mr clean magic eraser, how bout a regular nubuck eraser that comes with the brush at footlocker? I was thinking of using Jason Markk but I'm not trying to clean, I'm just trying to get rid of this light scratch.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have some og indiglo xiv's with sticky midsoles. I searched and I guess it's common for the clear coat used on these to get sticky over time?
I was wondering if It would be ok to spray some clear coat on the areas that are sticky? Would the clear coat adhere to the areas or would they need to be stripped first? Any advise on what clear would be best? I'm really tired of having debris stick to my shoes every time I wear them lol.

Instead of the mr clean magic eraser, how bout a regular nubuck eraser that comes with the brush at footlocker? I was thinking of using Jason Markk but I'm not trying to clean, I'm just trying to get rid of this light scratch.
It might work but if you don't mind spending the money on the both then get both and use the magic eraser first then the nubuck eraser. If it hasn't torn the actual nubuck then either should work. However if it cut the nubuck then the scratch is here to stay. 

would it do more harm then good with that little amount?

no but with retrobrite you always take the chance of it running on your mesh then turning it yellow, then its a huge pain, if they are display pieces you wont see it for an extremely long time but maybe some water repellant might slow it down

Na just leave it. ^ if it ends up getting bad, that's when you want to retro brite it.

There was a thread about it in the general section I believe. I don't have the link.
would it do more harm then good with that little amount?

It won't do anything.

It's a little yellowing, it's not contagious :lol:

But retrobriting them for that little unnoticeable yellowing is a waste of time. You could, but they will yellow again, you might as well wait until they get worse, then retro brite it.

Back
Top Bottom